Anonknee Muss

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 19 Rumors, Speculation and Discussion

A sorceress would be nice, as would most of Ihp776's suggestions. I'd say a firefighter in the CMF line is overdue. Tangentially related, they're finally reusing the S.13 wizard's hat over in the Harry Potter line.

*goes back to waiting impatiently.*

5 hours ago, K_Tiger said:

A sorceress would be nice, as would most of Ihp776's suggestions.

Then we also could really use a Prince CMF, not only just to complement Series 12's Fairytale Princess, but to also act as a counter to that hoped-for Sorceress CMF for generic Prince Phillip versus Maleficent battle vignettes/creations! :grin:

I'd actually rather a CMF Sorceress be assigned to the side of good. I have been uncomfortably aware for years that outside of the HP license,* there are no female spellcaster minifigs who aren't characterized as wicked witches. Wizards come in both good and evil flavors, but the ladies are all cackling horrors.

* And I guess the Avengers, if you take Scarlet Witch's name at face value.

6 hours ago, Karalora said:

I'd actually rather a CMF Sorceress be assigned to the side of good. I have been uncomfortably aware for years that outside of the HP license,* there are no female spellcaster minifigs who aren't characterized as wicked witches. Wizards come in both good and evil flavors, but the ladies are all cackling horrors.

Is Sorceress the only title that can be used for the female counterpart to a Wizard? Are the Wizard and Sorcerer titles used interchangeably, or are there distinctions between the two? For me, Wizard has always been a neutral title that could be used for either good or bad characters, whereas I've always thought of the Sorcerer/Sorceress title as being used exclusively for a benevolent Wizard's evil counterpart. :shrug_confused:

1 hour ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Is Sorceress the only title that can be used for the female counterpart to a Wizard? Are the Wizard and Sorcerer titles used interchangeably, or are there distinctions between the two? For me, Wizard has always been a neutral title that could be used for either good or bad characters, whereas I've always thought of the Sorcerer/Sorceress title as being used exclusively for a benevolent Wizard's evil counterpart. :shrug_confused:

Have you ever seen He-Man? In any event most other positive terms for female magic users relate to currently existing religions. The most benign of these is probably Oracle, but Lego has already created the CMF Fortune Teller which has a certain level of overlap. 

Edited by gedren_y

It depends on your fiction, really. Some works define "sorcery" as evil, while others make it morally neutral. In Dungeons & Dragons, the distinction between Wizardry and Sorcery is that one is intellectual and the other is more instinctive, and either sort of spellcaster can fall anywhere on the alignment chart. In Blue Rose (another fantasy roleplaying game), "sorcery" is the term given to black magic. In the Dresden Files, "wizards" are members of a globe-spanning organization that enforces certain rules, and "sorcerers" operate outside that organization, which implies sinister motives and behavior.

But...I mean...since you bring it up...what would you call a good female spellcaster? Is there a word that gets that meaning across without caveats? If not, then that really sucks...and I'm also fine with TLG squaring that particular circle just by sticking the word "Good" on the name of a minifig. Good Sorceress...or Good Witch, for that matter. Fixing the English language to be less sexist isn't really in their wheelhouse.

5 minutes ago, Karalora said:

But...I mean...since you bring it up...what would you call a good female spellcaster? Is there a word that gets that meaning across without caveats? 

Hmmm, ya know, not really to be honest. I'm just not that into medieval fantasy or the such, so my only reference sources for the archetype include Sleeping Beauty's Maleficent and perhaps the Elves theme's Ragana. I suppose I'm just not the best person to pitch such CMF archetypes due to my ignorance of genre and its tropes. :look:

15 minutes ago, Karalora said:

If not, then that really sucks...and I'm also fine with TLG squaring that particular circle just by sticking the word "Good" on the name of a minifig. Good Sorceress...or Good Witch, for that matter. Fixing the English language to be less sexist isn't really in their wheelhouse.

Typically though, the Collectable Minifigure line will denote an "evil" counterpart as such in its title rather than the other way around, but that's usually due to an archetype's "good" counterpart being the first on the block.

How about "enchantress"? Is that a positive term? (all this question really needs is a good thesaurus)

As for a good female LEGO spellcaster, how about the fairy from series 8? And Im not sure about her characterization, but there was also the ice queen from series 16 - she obviously had some elemental ice magic thing going on.

In any case, I would be all for a such a minifig of either alignment.

FWIW, I have a couple of custom minifigs I have designated as "sorceresses," one definitely wicked and the other probably good but very sexy. The wicked one uses the head from the Castle Fantasy Era witch, Wild West Wyldstyle's torso and skirt slope, the wrapped braids hair in black, and the silver tiara from the Bride CMF. The sexy one uses the Egyptian Queen's head, Slave Leia's torso and legs, and the Dance Instructor's hair--I was going for a Boris Vallejo look with her, and I really like how she came out even though the archetype is pretty cringey nowadays.

More on-topic, we got an Evil Dwarf CMF without first having gotten a default-good Dwarf, so there is some precedent for designating things that way based on reversed expectations rather than contrast with an existing figure. I just...I would really like for LEGO to break their streak of only nasty female magic-users.

As for a good female LEGO spellcaster, how about the fairy from series 8?

Maybe? I think fairies are usually described as having innate magic rather than casting spells per se. There's a lot of ambiguity and fuzzy edges in fantasy and folklore.

Edited by Karalora

12 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Then we also could really use a Prince CMF, not only just to complement Series 12's Fairytale Princess, but to also act as a counter to that hoped-for Sorceress CMF for generic Prince Phillip versus Maleficent battle vignettes/creations! :grin:

I'd love to see that Fairytale Princess head piece in a black/blond combination, maybe as a Fright Knights princess?

4 hours ago, Ardelon said:

How about "enchantress"? Is that a positive term? (all this question really needs is a good thesaurus)

For a more benevolent take on the archetype, to me, that sounds much better than Sorcerer/Sorceress. Per typical CMS tradition, perhaps the "Enchantress" could come first, then followed-up in a future Series with her eviler "Sorceress" counterpart in the same way Lego followed-up Series 12's Wizard with Series 13's Evil Wizard. :thumbup: 

4 hours ago, K_Tiger said:

I'd love to see that Fairytale Princess head piece in a black/blond combination, maybe as a Fright Knights princess?

Speaking of Fright Knights, I'd like to see a CMF homage to that theme's Basil the Bat Lord, generically titled as a "Vampire Knight" perhaps. :shrug_oh_well:

Edited by Digger of Bricks

7 minutes ago, K_Tiger said:

That could be a great minifigure.

I did fill out a suggestion for such awhile back:

Wizard, Wizardess

Sorcerer, Sorceress

Enchanter, Enchantress

Mage/Magi/Magician/Arch-Mage

Illusionist/Obfuscator

Summoner

Witch/Warlock (often negative connotation)

Invoker

Spellbinder/Spellshaper/Spellcaster

Conjurer

Diviner/Seer/Oracle/Fortune Teller

Elementalist/Fire/Ice/Earth/Air Mage

Shaman/Witch Doctor/Druid

Blood Mage/Thaumaturgist

Alchemist/Transmuter

White Mage/Priest/Cleric/Acolyte

Monk/Mystic/Hermit/Spiritualist

Black Mage/Necromancer

Sage/Maester

Archivist/Scribe

Bard/Hedge Wizard

Runecaster/Scrivener

Time Mage/Chronomaster

Battle Mage/Spellblade

Adept

Almost all are really genderless, even though they have primarily been associated with men.

One very basic archetype that many here have asked for years now is a simple Firefighter/Fireman, something we've strangely not yet seen for a Collectable Minifigure Series. While a current-day iteration of such could suffice just fine, perhaps such CMF could instead take after a more antiquated variant as to differ from City's more modern offerings, much in the same way Series 11's Constable had served. :shrug_oh_well:

new-turnout-gear.jpg

One very basic archetype that many here have asked for years now is a simple Firefighter/Fireman, something we've strangely not yet seen for a Collectable Minifigure Series. While a current-day iteration of such could suffice just fine, perhaps such CMF could instead take after a more antiquated variant as to differ from City's more modern offerings, much in the same way Series 11's Constable had served. :shrug_oh_well:

new-turnout-gear.jpg

I think Lego comes pretty close to that with three of the minifigs in the Winter Village Fire Station. A more complicated CMF to compliment the set is still plausible, but if Lego chooses not to, the firefighters from the set sell on Bricklink for less than the CMF retail cost.

7 minutes ago, gedren_y said:

I think Lego comes pretty close to that with three of the minifigs in the Winter Village Fire Station. A more complicated CMF to compliment the set is still plausible, but if Lego chooses not to, the firefighters from the set sell on Bricklink for less than the CMF retail cost.

Well, whichever incarnation such a CMF may appear as when it does show up, the least it could give us is a new Firefighter's hat mold with a badge. :classic:

I cant believe we havent heard a thing about this series yet.

Is it because these are now being produced on Billund? I guess it has to be that. 

Not even a single character name. Not even a little tiny single piece leaked yet. Like not even the color of the series. *crossesfingersforpurple* 

Nothing.... nothing at all. 

Its like these are being produced in the Pentagon or something

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

Haha yes it seems that way.

And while I’m 99.9 percent sure we’ll get the Fox suit girl from the second LEGO movie I  still like to have that 00.1 percent confirmation and while I’ve already made my predictions a long while back I’m going to throw out the possibility that they’ll re-color the watermelon piece into a slice of pizza if not this series then it will be series 20 for sure 

And as long as we get some historical/mythology/fantasy/medieval/pirates and sci-fi minifigures ( since we seem to not have many of those characters now days ) I’ll be happy and maybe a basketball player .

Actually about the Fox suit I’m calling it now that it will be in this series.

Edited by 1Panda

15 minutes ago, Brother From Another Brick said:

While you guys are waiting for series 19, check out a video Robert and I collaborated on for a custom series 19. Hopefully, it's okay to post this here!

Hey, I didn't know you were here on Eurobricks! :oh3: Back in January, I did share your collaborative CMS 19 Draft here on this topic! :wink:

On 1/16/2019 at 8:30 AM, Digger of Bricks said:

Here's a custom CMF draft which I missed back from October that's the work of two YouTubers giving their predictions for Series 19:

I do wish there were more YouTube CMF Drafts from artists like this one that weren't always based upon licensed properties. :sad:

23 minutes ago, Brother From Another Brick said:

While you guys are waiting for series 19, check out a video Robert and I collaborated on for a custom series 19. Hopefully, it's okay to post this here!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCaPKYoQA5Y&t=292s

Hmmm there must be some sort of confusion there because I didnt make those :look::laugh:

But some of those are very likely to appear in Series 19 like the Teacher or the Clown Girl 

9 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Hmmm there must be some sort of confusion there because I didnt make those :look::laugh:

But some of those are very likely to appear in Series 19 like the Teacher or the Clown Girl 

LOL, you have done so many CMFs for me, I forgot you didn't make that one. LOL, I updated the post!

13 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Hey, I didn't know you were here on Eurobricks! :oh3: Back in January, I did share your collaborative CMS 19 Draft here on this topic! :wink:

I do wish there were more YouTube CMF Drafts from artists like this one that weren't always based upon licensed properties. :sad:

Thanks for sharing it! I don't really frequent Eurobricks as much as I should.

30 minutes ago, Brother From Another Brick said:

Thanks for sharing it! I don't really frequent Eurobricks as much as I should.

Are you yet aware of @Itaria No Shintaku's Guessing Game topic for Series 19? Perhaps you could also share your speculative CMF Draft there if you wish! :wink:

13 hours ago, Robert8 said:

I cant believe we havent heard a thing about this series yet.

Is it because these are now being produced on Billund? I guess it has to be that. 

Not even a single character name. Not even a little tiny single piece leaked yet. Like not even the color of the series. *crossesfingersforpurple* 

Nothing.... nothing at all. 

The daily sweeps of Instagram are getting pretty damn depressing. :hmpf: