Anonknee Muss

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 19 Rumors, Speculation and Discussion

ALL ABOARD FOR THE DISAPPOINTMENT TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO!

10 hours ago, GrandDukeofKumquats said:

Is this a clue? Even if not, I don't think the Castle theme(s) would ever be truly dead. 

Nein Meinen Freuden (no my friend (it was a quote from a Lego Product Designer).

9 hours ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

Series 19 won't happen in April / May.

You will get your so many times asked Dinsey 2.
This is what I feared.

Yeah, I can't say I'm surprised by this. Simply put, I think that Lego doesn't really care about non-licensed themes anymore. I'll personally hold out on here for the next millennium for a new Castle theme, but we should literally expect nothing that appeals to us in the interim. :shrug_confused:

2 hours ago, J4ck said:

it was a quote from a Lego Product Designer

You gotta link for that?

23 minutes ago, BrickJagger said:

Yeah, I can't say I'm surprised by this. Simply put, I think that Lego doesn't really care about non-licensed themes anymore. 

This is the first time I actually feel like this is true.

It would be 3 no-regular series in a row. And I hope Series 19 is after Disney 2, because it can very well be Harry Potter 2

9 hours ago, BrickJagger said:

Yeah, I can't say I'm surprised by this. Simply put, I think that Lego doesn't really care about non-licensed themes anymore. I'll personally hold out on here for the next millennium for a new Castle theme, but we should literally expect nothing that appeals to us in the interim. :shrug_confused:

You gotta link for that?

Nope, I believe Nabii said it but I could be wrong.

11 hours ago, BrickJagger said:

Simply put, I think that Lego doesn't really care about non-licensed themes anymore.

I think that‘s a tad pessimistic, there‘s still plenty of non-licensed themes around :wink: A replacement for Nexo Knights is surely bound to happen as well (even though we haven‘t heard anything yet). And the TLM2 sets may have some appeal for the fans of more traditional themes :thumbup: 

As for series 19: On the one hand, I do feel bad for those who prefer the traditional series, but on the other hand, I wouldn‘t be here if it wasn‘t for the licended themes, so I‘m kinda torn on this one. The CMF series are the only non-licensed theme I collect, so both kinds of series are very appealing to me, but if I have to choose, the licensed series prevail. Let‘s hope for fairness’ sake that series 19 gets released next fall :thumbup:

7 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

I think that‘s a tad pessimistic, there‘s still plenty of non-licensed themes around :wink: A replacement for Nexo Knights is surely bound to happen as well (even though we haven‘t heard anything yet). And the TLM2 sets may have some appeal for the fans of more traditional themes :thumbup: 

As for series 19: On the one hand, I do feel bad for those who prefer the traditional series, but on the other hand, I wouldn‘t be here if it wasn‘t for the licended themes, so I‘m kinda torn on this one. The CMF series are the only non-licensed theme I collect, so both kinds of series are very appealing to me, but if I have to choose, the licensed series prevail. Let‘s hope for fairness’ sake that series 19 gets released next fall :thumbup:

Indeed, I wouldn’t count the Lego Movie CMFs as a failure for example, and there was lots to like in Ninjago, Batman and other licensed themes. Harry Potter just gave us a bunch of new animals and hairpieces, as well as new flesh faces for example.

Anyways, I’m proudly in both camps too, so I don’t see it as such a competition. 

12 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Man, I wish I shared your optimism. I want to support Lego and their decisions, but they're just not giving me anything to work with. I'm hoping that the TLM2 series appeals to me but it looks like it will mostly be based on Mini-dolls, licensed characters and duplo blocks. 

I am a tad disappointed, but not by the delay of series 19. I was hoping for another Harry Potter series in the fall. Well, there's always 2020.

1 hour ago, starwars4ever said:

I am a tad disappointed, but not by the delay of series 19. I was hoping for another Harry Potter series in the fall. Well, there's always 2020.

I'm pretty confident we'll be seeing Series 19 for September next year, while a second Harry Potter CMS may instead be released the following autumn to coincide with the November 2020 theatrical release of the third Fantastic Beasts film. As I stated on the previous page of this topic, designers for the Collectable Minifigure line have assured us that we should see at least one non-licensed CMS per year.

Edited by Digger of Bricks

4 hours ago, starwars4ever said:

I was hoping for another Harry Potter series in the fall. Well, there's always 2020.

Having 2 series of the same property within a year of each other is rarely a good idea. Having the next HP/FB one wait a few years is a pretty good idea honestly. Besides, there will still be WW sets to tide us over :excited:.

4 hours ago, GrandDukeofKumquats said:

Having 2 series of the same property within a year of each other is rarely a good idea. Having the next HP/FB one wait a few years is a pretty good idea honestly. Besides, there will still be WW sets to tide us over :excited:.

Exactly. TLG never release sales numbers for specific themes or sets, but from what I‘ve heard, Simpsons series 2 and TLBM series 2 both sold worse than their respective precursor :wink: I think most of the fans appreciated both follow-up series (I certainly did), but to a lot of customers, these probably appeared to be too similar (repeat characters likely didn’t help, despite different outfits). I don’t think they want to risk that again and switching between different licenses is more fun anyway :thumbup:

This is what I can tell.
Series 19 is very likely to happen in September.

As far as I've been told, they planned S19 for April/May and Disney2 for August/September but they switched them.
Why? Dunno.

2 minutes ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

This is what I can tell.
Series 19 is very likely to happen in September.

As far as I've been told, they planned S19 for April/May and Disney2 for August/September but they switched them.
Why? Dunno.

Thanks

My guess is that Disney S2 comes with a D2C set (like the first one) and the only spot available for it is around april/may

Just now, Robert8 said:

Thanks

My guess is that Disney S2 comes with a D2C set (like the first one) and the only spot available for it is around april/may

That can be a good guess, I started a guessing game for Disney too, should be easier than the most generic minifigure one.

Awwww man. I'm happy for a Disney S2 (unpopular opinion, I know), but I'm disappointed that we'll have to wait more for S19. I'm not too excited about TLM2 Series since I'm not a fan of the Mad Max / Post-apocalyptic scenario. Oh well, at least I have Marvel sets (minifigs, really) to look forward to.

For me, the upside to an autumn release for Series 19 would be the greater possibility of seeing some Christmas and/or Halloween archetypes amongst its lineup, something that would be much less likely if it were a summer release instead. 

So, having said that, what Christmas and/or Halloween archetypes would you wish for or expect to see for then? :classic:

Could the Giraffe Suit Guy be from this Series 19?

I now know this series was supposed to be out next spring

10 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Could the Giraffe Suit Guy be from this Series 19?

I now know this series was supposed to be out next spring

Giraffe suit guy? What Giraffe suit guy? If there is an image leak I cannot find it at the usual place right now. :look:

2 minutes ago, BrickHat said:

Giraffe suit guy? What Giraffe suit guy? If there is an image leak I cannot find it at the usual place right now. :look:

It was confirmed on Twitter by a TLG designer

But we don't know if it comes in TLM2 series (like Panda Guy in the first one) or if it comes in Series 19

The Mad Max style of the TLM2 series makes me think Giraffe Suit Guy might be from Series 19 instead

Just now, Robert8 said:

The Mad Max style of the TLM2 series makes me think Giraffe Suit Guy might be from Series 19 instead

But, the possibility of costumed CMF archetypes may not be entirely out of the question, as there's supposed to be a character named Ice Cream Cone voiced by Artero Castro in the sequel. After all, don't forget that there's the SisStar System too. :wink:

13 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

It was confirmed on Twitter by a TLG designer

But we don't know if it comes in TLM2 series (like Panda Guy in the first one) or if it comes in Series 19

Ohhhh gotcha. Thanks for the info. I really hope it doesn't have a Max Max style and that it's not in TLM2 series. I wouldn't be a fan of that.

Just now, BrickHat said:

I really hope it doesn't have a Max Max style and that it's not in TLM2 series. I wouldn't be a fan of that.

I'd presume that any "furries" seen in the movie will be residents of the SisStar System rather than Apocalypseburg. :tongue:

6 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

For me, the upside to an autumn release for Series 19 would be the greater possibility of seeing some Christmas and/or Halloween archetypes amongst its lineup, something that would be much less likely if it were a summer release instead. 

So, having said that, what Christmas and/or Halloween archetypes would you wish for or expect to see for then? :classic:

Neither I don’t celebrate either so neither of them would have use for me. I would enjoy a snowman if done properly though!

On 11/17/2018 at 6:52 PM, J4ck said:

Neither I don’t celebrate either so neither of them would have use for me. I would enjoy a snowman if done properly though!

Personally, as far as Christmas archetypes go, I would like to see either a Dickensian Caroler (similar to @Robert8's designs), or a "Christmas Sweater Guy", if you will. :shrug_oh_well:

4 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Personally, as far as Christmas archetypes go, I would like to see either a Dickensian Caroler (similar to @Robert8's designs), or a "Christmas Sweater Guy", if you will. :shrug_oh_well:

The remakes they did for the Christmas set...3 years ago(?) were pretty nice, but one like his would be a welcome edition. Of course, a costume-style snowman is long overdue.