Anonknee Muss

Minecraft 2019 - Rumours, Speculation and Discussion

29 minutes ago, Cottin said:

I suppose summer leaks are still surfacing, but I'm seeing nothing from the Minecraft theme. I hope it continues, even in small waves. 

There was a leaked set list that said we'd see three Minecraft sets in the summer. I think it was a Sheep Farm, a 'Burning Bridge' (probably a Nether set) and a Creeper Mine. In order of size ascending. Can't wait for pictures!

What is showing up is June launches for some if not all countries. Minecraft is (almost?) always in August, so it's probably gonna still be a bit. Was surprised by Bedrock Adventures last year, so I'm curious what will turn up this year.

I‘ve found pictures of the three summer sets but they‘re watermarked, so I‘ll briefly describe the contents of each set:

- 21153 includes Steve, two adult sheep (1x red, 1x yellow) and a baby sheep (white). The main build is a red sheep statue similar to 2018‘s chicken statue.

- 21154 includes Alex, two Blazes and a Wither skeleton. The build is similar to the first Nether set with a bridge. One of the Blazes can be placed on one of these long clear bars to make it float

- 21155 includes Steve, Alex in welding gear (with printed goggles), a Husk (:wub:), a cow and of course a Creeper. The main build is a Creeper statue, so it‘s literally a Creeper mine :laugh:

Edited by Lego-Freak

Hmm interesting. I both like and dislike the inclusion of statues because it gives Lego the ability to keep releasing sets similar to past sets but with one notable twist. Repetitive but effective, and I'm sure kids like the statues. However, I think there is still plenty of potential for new sets that haven't been done at all in the theme, especially now with all the updates to villages. It makes me feel less bad about missing out on the original The Village set, now that they've changed so much in game. 

I'm still hoping for a Woodland Mansion and End City in the future though! Plus I'd love to see a Lego rendition of that large beast from the newly implemented raids, as well as the Phantom mob. 

15 minutes ago, Cottin said:

I'm still hoping for a Woodland Mansion and End City in the future though! Plus I'd love to see a Lego rendition of that large beast from the newly implemented raids, as well as the Phantom mob. 

That's what I'm hoping for as well! :thumbup: The only problem I see is the colours since it can't be cheap to produce a variety of new or rare pieces in dark brown (Woodland Mansion) and lavender (End City). Nonetheless, if they were ever realized, these could turn out be some of best-selling sets within the theme among AFOLs for that reason alone, but I doubt they'd take that risk if it was more expensive than other alternatives that would sell just as well among the target audience, like this year's offerings :purrr:

BTW, I've noticed that they've updated the way Blazes are constructed for 21154. The head remains the same and the yellow hose nozzles are still being used, but the body now incorporates technic pieces so it's able to rotate :sweet:

21 minutes ago, Cottin said:

Hmm interesting. I both like and dislike the inclusion of statues because it gives Lego the ability to keep releasing sets similar to past sets but with one notable twist. Repetitive but effective, and I'm sure kids like the statues. However, I think there is still plenty of potential for new sets that haven't been done at all in the theme, especially now with all the updates to villages. It makes me feel less bad about missing out on the original The Village set, now that they've changed so much in game. 

They're called Ravagers.

And yeah, I could definitely see a neo new Village set where, instead of zombies, we get a Pillager, a Vindicator and a Ravager, as well as one or two new Villager designs (plus the obligatory Steve and/or Alex). It would only take three new prints and one new mould (two new printed versions of the Villager torso and one new printed face, one new torso print for the Pillager and one new mould with printing for the Ravager), and they've done that much before. Possibly another new torso print for a Vindicator, but that could be offset by also doing a Woodland Mansion set that would also include a Vindicator. 

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

That's what I'm hoping for as well! :thumbup: The only problem I see is the colours since it can't be cheap to produce a variety of new or rare pieces in dark brown (Woodland Mansion) and lavender (End City). Nonetheless, if they were ever realized, these could turn out be some of best-selling sets within the theme among AFOLs for that reason alone, but I doubt they'd take that risk if it was more expensive than other alternatives that would sell just as well among the target audience, like this year's offerings :purrr:

BTW, I've noticed that they've updated the way Blazes are constructed for 21154. The head remains the same and the yellow hose nozzles are still being used, but the body now incorporates technic pieces so it's able to rotate :sweet:

You've seen pictures of the sets? Where?

4 minutes ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

You've seen pictures of the sets? Where?

I've come across them on a Swedish website, but I can't post a link since the pictures are water-marked :sceptic: It's the same site that provided the additional pictures of the August Potter sets, hint hint :wink:

21 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

I've come across them on a Swedish website, but I can't post a link since the pictures are water-marked :sceptic: It's the same site that provided the additional pictures of the August Potter sets, hint hint :wink:

I don't know that one, I don't follow the massive mess that is the Harry Potter thread. Can you DM it to me?

On 5/31/2019 at 4:38 PM, Lego-Freak said:

I've now seen them too, and I'm not entirely sure how I feel yet. On the one hand, I'm just happy to still be getting these sets, but I can't help but feel a tad disappointed, too. The Pirate Ship introduced so much new stuff and a cool location! The Nether set especially just seems like a rehash of other Nether sets, though I'm happy about the inclusion of two of those new fire pieces and the updated blazes. The wool farm is going to be a lot of fun. I'm excited for a new yellow sheep, but getting another red sheep instead of a new color makes me a bit sad. Still, three sheep in what looks to be a $20 set is absolutely fantastic, so I can't really complain there. As for the Creeper Mine, it definitely looks fun, but I would have liked to have seen some more new stuff in a large set like that. The Husk's tan head is a very strange choice to me.

It's a mixed bag I guess. Some cool stuff, but nothing mind blowing. Definitely will pick up the wool farm!

I'll be real, I'm just dying for a dark pink and a sand green villager torso...

Edited by Cheesey
Saw the pics

The set picture leaks are everywhere now, should be very easy to find. Here are my thoughts:

21153 - Really? It's like they didn't even try with that sheep statue. It looks terrible to me, but since the set will likely go on sale immediately and has a new sheep plus bricks for the stock pile, I'll be getting this one for sure. I believe this is the first time we're getting a baby sheep in Lego form as well.

21154 - It's just a mashup/ rehash of past nether sets, but with some nice additions. The new blaze design is an improvement in my eyes and I'm thrilled to get two. I also appreciate the inclusion of more of the new pixelated fire pieces. I really like the falling gravel mechanism, but the overall execution is a bit unsightly. It's also a missed opportunity to get a micro blaze and blaze spawner block, but the substitution for a play feature is fair and I get why it was done for this medium-size set. 

21155 - I'm 50/50 on this one. The build looks really cool, but it's entirely too grey for being in a mesa biome. New figure skin but the same old Steve; new husk but only one. The play features look like great fun for kids, but the main one is really silly (mine for gold then carry it way up to the top of your statue, where it will go down a waterfall to land inside a chest at the level at which you mined it :laugh_hard:) Does this mean we're getting a hopper though? I could go back and forth on this one for a while.

Overall I'm a bit disappointed with this wave, but I hope they sell well enough for Lego to continue the license. There's so much potential. What do you guys think?

9 hours ago, Cottin said:

21153 - Really? It's like they didn't even try with that sheep statue. 

Keep in mind that there are two alternate builds (a heart and a parrot), so the amount of bricks (aka wool blocks) has to accommodate all three :wink: You could still display the set with one of the other builds instead :sweet:

21154 may be a rehash, but that doesn‘t bother me at all. First off, the theme has been running for five years now and a vast majority of sets aren‘t available any more, so updating certain locations makes sense for catering to customers that missed the previous versions. Secondly, it‘s Minecraft, you can easily expand your display like that and there‘s not much in the world of Minecraft that only exists once (the Ender Dragon being the most notable exception) :wink:

Good point, Lego-Freak! On further inspection, I'm starting to appreciate the parrot statue and may opt for that build, also liking the inclusion of random blocks of dyed wool. I guess I just had high hopes since I really like the Chicken Coop model and feel like that chicken statue was perfect, not to mention it had a cool play function built in. It doesn't seem like the sheep statue does much, but we haven't seen the back of the box yet either.  

Also, it's nice to get new wood and fence types in this wave, with birch in the Wool Farm and either spruce or dark oak in the Creeper Mine. 

On 6/2/2019 at 8:23 AM, Cheesey said:

I'll be real, I'm just dying for a dark pink and a sand green villager torso hahaha xD

I wonder if they'll still make "old" villagers since 1.14 (Java/PC) basicly added so many villager skins per biome it's crazy.

On 6/4/2019 at 3:39 PM, TeriXeri said:

I wonder if they'll still make "old" villagers since 1.14 (Java/PC) basicly added so many villager skins per biome it's crazy.

I suppose I'll always appreciate the "old school" village and villagers much more. If the theme continues, I'll be curious to see how they approach the situation. Typically, LEGO has gone for a very minimalistic look in their prints, even more simplistic than the Minecraft 16x16, and the look really suits LEGO. Trying to replicate the very detailed looks on the 1.14 villagers would break this mold, so I wouldn't be surprised if they stuck to the older style.

Edited by Cheesey

21 minutes ago, Cheesey said:

I work for the server network Hypixel so we've been stuck on 1.8 since it's launch. I've more or less been frozen in time, so I suppose I'll always appreciate the "old school" village and villagers much more. If the theme continues, I'll be curious to see how they approach the situation. Typically, LEGO has gone for a very minimalistic look in their prints, even more simplistic than the Minecraft 16x16, and the look really suits LEGO. Trying to replicate the very detailed looks on the 1.14 villagers would break this mold, so I wouldn't be surprised if they stuck to the older style.

True, it's LEGO, and sets based on updates don't need to be 100% replica's of the base-generated game as some sets have player-made additions like the Pirate ship sail.

I didn't consider the large playerbase on servers, so a purple or green villager could still make sense. (simpler to make with existing mold and more recognizable).

Nitwits are still green, and Clerics still use a purple robe anyway.

The 2016 village set is already so long ago, and that set should probably have had at least 2 more villagers to begin with, maybe they'll do another village set someday, with the newer buildings but just same style of villagers.

Edited by TeriXeri

22 minutes ago, TeriXeri said:

True, it's LEGO, and sets based on updates don't need to be 100% replica's of the base-generated game as some sets have player-made additions like the Pirate ship sail.

I didn't consider the large playerbase on servers, so a purple or green villager could still make sense. (simpler to make with existing mold and more recognizable).

Nitwits are still green, and Clerics still use a purple robe anyway.

The 2016 village set is already so long ago, and that set should probably have had at least 2 more villagers to begin with, maybe they'll do another village set someday, with the newer buildings but just same style of villagers.

I think a set like that would be fantastic! Include some Illagers and the new beast and that could make a great large set.

The Wool Farm is apparently available in the US but the other two sets from the wave are no where to be found. 

Edited by Cottin
User error -- sometimes I fail at using computers lol

Been playing a lot of Minecraft lately and trying to think what the next wave might look like.

At some point we'll likely see some sets based on the Village and pillage update. I'm willing to bet there will be a smaller one that represents a raid and larger one of a Pillager Outpost. Would be great if they could slip a new Iron Golem in one of them, seeing how it's been some time since we've gotten one. It would also be a good chance to make some of the new Villager skins.

They could make a Bamboo Jungle set with pandas. Not really sure about the main build though. perhaps some kind of player-made Panda habitat?

Since they've already made a head mold for the Ocelot, it wouldn't be too difficult to make some of the new cat skins.

They still haven't made a set of the Desert Temple, either.

Once 1.15 has been out for awhile we'll probably see a $20 sized set of a Bee farm, much like the Wool Farm and Chicken Coup.

Edited by LegoTFGuy

On 8/29/2019 at 10:12 AM, LegoTFGuy said:

Been playing a lot of Minecraft lately and trying to think what the next wave might look like.

At some point we'll likely see some sets based on the Village and pillage update. I'm willing to bet there will be a smaller one that represents a raid and larger one of a Pillager Outpost. Would be great if they could slip a new Iron Golem in one of them, seeing how it's been some time since we've gotten one. It would also be a good chance to make some of the new Villager skins.

They could make a Bamboo Jungle set with pandas. Not really sure about the main build though. perhaps some kind of player-made Panda habitat?

Since they've already made a head mold for the Ocelot, it wouldn't be too difficult to make some of the new cat skins.

Do you have psychic abilities? *huh* According to jedijacpenguin, the next wave will include the following sets:

- The panda nursery

- The Pillager outpost

- The village raid

- The taiga adventure

- Creeper bigfig with ocelot

- “Pig” bigfig with baby zombie (most likely a pigman) 

These are some impressively accurate predictions :laugh:

On 9/21/2019 at 12:32 AM, Lego-Freak said:

Do you have psychic abilities? *huh* 

Haha I thought the same thing when I read his post, it's such a crazy coincidence. Also, only six sets are named but there are seven slots for this wave according to Brickset, numbers 21156 through 21162. Maybe it's just a polybag, but I wouldn't mind another D2C set personally.

5 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

https://www.stonewars.de/news/lego-minecraft-2020/

Descriptions of the sets, albeit in German :wink: Can‘t wait to see pictures, these sound amazing! 

Seriously? We’re getting Pillagers and foxes? Yay, 1.14! Kinda surprising though since we still don’t have a Drowned, or a Vindicator or Evoker . . actually, maybe there’ll be a Vindicator or Evoker in the Illager Raid? With seven minifigures . . I’d hope for only one player character, that way we could have two Villagers (preferably updated for 1.14), two Vindicators, an Evoker and a Pillager.

Out of these I think I’m most excited for the Pillager Outpost, I love Outposts, even if this one is bound to be shrunken significantly. (Even if it’s sounds like they’re reusing the Dragon Hunter character from the End Battle,) Also definitely going to pick up the Taiga set because that means sand green and I always need more sand green. Definite maybe on the Panda Nursery and Illager Raid, I’ll want a closer look though.

All in all, this sounds like a great wave, much better than the one for this year (the only set from this year that I really like and have integrated into my Minecraft display is the Shipwreck).

The only thing that's missing here is the Illager Beast... Maybe they're referring to all characters and mobs as "minifigs" for simplicity's sake, so it may still be among the seven unknown ones. If not, that'd be quite a missed opportunity... when would they ever show up in a set? 

I'm surprised to learn that the Taiga set is the smallest of the wave. I'm expecting something like The Melon Farm and The Nether Fight based on the description -- basically a tiny square of terrain and the four figs/mobs. 

The Panda Nursery sounds like a missed opportunity by only including one panda considering there are multiple expressions for the pandas as well as baby pandas.

Can't wait to see some pictures though!