Momotof

Lord of the Rings Ongoing Discussion

4 hours ago, Lordhelmet said:

I purchased some spare hair pieces (3 Legolas ones, and a Bilbo one for Sam). I also picked up three Legolas dimension heads, all of that was pretty cheap ($1.50 each for the Legolas hair, $1.25 for the Bilbo hair, and $.75 for the Legolas face) on brick link.  I had some other stuff I was ordering but those were my least favorite parts of the new set so I figured they would be an easy cheap fix.  

The Legolas hair piece was the part I wanted to change the most (especially after the pictures above- although I do like the new torso print).  I am fine with the Elrond and Arwen face/hair (I do think the older ones were better, but these new ones were fine to me).  Plus the cost of Elrond and Arwen parts are way higher, and I do not want to take apart my old ones as I only have one of each of them.

I am also going to swap out the new Legolas hair pieces with one of my old Haldir figures who I think the new hairstyle would look better on than the old Legolas one.

Excited to get the set on Sunday, hopefully they do not run out at my local store.

I hope they don't run out for me either. I'm thinking they won't given the price point. 

14 hours ago, Shroffy123 said:

I hope they don't run out for me either. I'm thinking they won't given the price point

I know, we will see.  I am only going to be at the store ten to fifteen minutes before it opens, so pending a long line, or very few quantity I should be able to get one.  On the positive side, if I can't get it day one, I will wait until the first 2X VIP points and order it online and get the extra $25 toward another lego set some day.  

1 hour ago, Lordhelmet said:

I know, we will see.  I am only going to be at the store ten to fifteen minutes before it opens, so pending a long line, or very few quantity I should be able to get one.  On the positive side, if I can't get it day one, I will wait until the first 2X VIP points and order it online and get the extra $25 toward another lego set some day.  

Wouldn‘t 2x VIP mean 50€?

11 minutes ago, LegoAUT said:

Wouldn‘t 2x VIP mean 50€?

Yes, but regular VIP points would be $25 so it would $25 more ($50 total) for 2X.  So waiting for 2X VIP gains $25 in lego VIP points vs. day a day one purchase.

2 hours ago, Lordhelmet said:

Yes, but regular VIP points would be $25 so it would $25 more ($50 total) for 2X.  So waiting for 2X VIP gains $25 in lego VIP points vs. day a day one purchase.

Ah yeah, right! Haha

Called my local lego store and they said they’re getting a lot of Rivendell sets for launch. So it sounds like they’re going to be pretty well prepared for a launch for once. Which is good because I won’t be able to get there until a little bit later in the morning on Sunday 

2 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Called my local lego store and they said they’re getting a lot of Rivendell sets for launch. So it sounds like they’re going to be pretty well prepared for a launch for once. Which is good because I won’t be able to get there until a little bit later in the morning on Sunday 

Good to hear, hopefully they still sell out by the end of the day still but we call get one :)

Going to call my local mall tomorrow to find out what the earliest time they open is. Got the lawn chairs and portable charger ready lol it's going to be a long two hours just staring at the display. Got lucky with the lion knight's castle release cause the security guard let me into the mall early. 

Going to buy this on day 1...but I am still quite worried that I don't have any furniture at home to set it on! LOL

I measured my bookcase, shelves and console tables and it seems 14-16 inches is thereabouts of standard depth. The only furniture I have that could accommodate this is my buffet!!! LOL But if I decide to encase it in a WickedBrick case, it probably would overhang!

Perhaps the best way is to detach that garden/ gazebo section. That way the great hall/ fellowship section can easily fit on top of a standard console table or shelf.

I decked my Lego room with mostly IKEA furniture. (I am kind of curious where Lego got the furnitures/ consoles featured on their publicity photos).

Edited by hikouki

1 hour ago, hikouki said:

Going to buy this on day 1...but I am still quite worried that I don't have any furniture at home to set it on! LOL

I measured my bookcase, shelves and console tables and it seems 14-16 inches is thereabouts of standard depth. The only furniture I have that could accommodate this is my buffet!!! LOL But if I decide to encase it in a WickedBrick case, it probably would overhang!

Perhaps the best way is to detach that garden/ gazebo section. That way the great hall/ fellowship section can easily fit on top of a standard console table or shelf.

I decked my Lego room with mostly IKEA furniture. (I am kind of curious where Lego got the furnitures/ consoles featured on their publicity photos).

I still have to clean out a shelf to put it so for the next few weeks rivendell will be occupying the dinner table. (My dad will not be happy 🤣)

Have we found out what's hidden inside the tower yet? 

All the reviews seem to omit this, I presume they were told not to reveal it?

7 hours ago, TheDoctor said:

Have we found out what's hidden inside the tower yet? 

All the reviews seem to omit this, I presume they were told not to reveal it?

Yes, my understanding is nothing is hidden inside the tower, it appears to be where BIlbo's desk is and Elrond's book shelf from the reviews.  There is the one part at the base of the tower but there are no hidden features in there.  

As I keep looking at the set images the more detailed and beautiful the build seems. But idk I still really want play scale sets with launching features, trapdoors, swinging axes etc. The og lineup was filled with them and made kid me fall in love with the sets. I really hope baradur and Rivendell are just the beginning....

Quiet in here lately.  Everyone getting ready for a big purchase?

I called my Lego store and they said they have quite a few sets.  I’ll be there an hour before they open so hopefully the crowd is good but closer to opening than when I get in line.  Would like to see it sell out on day one.

3 hours ago, Lordhelmet said:

I called my Lego store and they said they have quite a few sets.  I’ll be there an hour before they open so hopefully the crowd is good but closer to opening than when I get in line.  Would like to see it sell out on day one.

Waiting outside of mine for three hours haha I'm getting it first 😂 

10 hours ago, Lordhelmet said:

I was planning on getting there just after the shop opens, but now i'm thinking I need to be there sooner if you guys think there will be queues!

I hope it's that popular! (I imagine there will be some scalpers hoping to cash-in, that was the problem with the BTTF delorean in the UK) 

5 hours ago, TheDoctor said:

I hope it's that popular! (I imagine there will be some scalpers hoping to cash-in, that was the problem with the BTTF delorean in the UK) 

This set will be on shelfes till 2025, so even if it sells out quickly at the beginning, there is no need to be nervous/ rush and whoever pays scalpers more than what Lego prices the set is just tremendously stupid.. same for the Delorean btw, there even where times were you got that set with considerable discounts. 

21 hours ago, Lordhelmet said:

I've been rearranging my shelves and building a new IKEA Billy bookcase, trying to work out where this set would look best. :laugh:

I think I'm just gonna order it online rather than go down to my local Lego shop.Do we think the website might crash? 

I was hoping that we'd get the spring vip parts. I should wait for double VIP or a better GWP. I will have to modify brickhead Frodo's hair severely and the tiny house doesn't really interest me. But even though I should wait, I don't think I will.

Edited by Agent Kallus

I was going to stay up and order it tonight but I really am not interested in the new GWP (I quite liked the moving truck!) so I may pass and wait until a double VIP event now 

7 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

I've been rearranging my shelves and building a new IKEA Billy bookcase, trying to work out where this set would look best. :laugh:

I think I'm just gonna order it online rather than go down to my local Lego shop.Do we think the website might crash? 

I was hoping that we'd get the spring vip parts. I should wait for double VIP or a better GWP. I will have to modify brickhead Frodo's hair severely and the tiny house doesn't really interest me. But even though I should wait, I don't think I will.

I really wish they had done a better GWP.  Disappointing that they picked a set on the shelves (and most LOTR fans who wanted it probably already bought it) and the worst of the three LOTR brickheadz sets too.

Just ordered Rivendell on the online shop!!!! With the two small GWPs (40630 and 40583). So happy :-)

Edited by Altair1

Just placed my order. Two GWP. Unfortunately one is the Frodo/Gollum Brickheadz. Which I already have. 

16 minutes ago, Altair1 said:

Just ordered Rivendell on the online shop!!!! With the two small GWPs (40630 and 40583). So happy :-)

8 minutes ago, th0r1n said:

Just placed my order. Two GWP. Unfortunately one is the Frodo/Gollum Brickheadz. Which I already have. 

What is the second GWP?  I just knew the Frodo and gollum.

also congrats!  I am excited to pick one up tomorrow.

Edited by Lordhelmet