Momotof

Lord of the Rings Ongoing Discussion

Do you guys know, if Lego reuses moulds from weapon bags in other combinations? I can't see Lego putting the same bag as in the Rivendell set with Elven Blades and Boromir's sword into every set that includes Anduril or Sting, which would be pretty much every set.

7 hours ago, Gorilla94 said:

Do you guys know, if Lego reuses moulds from weapon bags in other combinations? I can't see Lego putting the same bag as in the Rivendell set with Elven Blades and Boromir's sword into every set that includes Anduril or Sting, which would be pretty much every set.

They have in the past, with similar bags containing the visors/helmet attachments for Boba Fett in SW and kitchen equipment and small animals like ladybirds in Friends.

18 hours ago, Gorilla94 said:

I mean anytime a Mandalorian shows up in Star wars and they need a range finder, we always get the pack that also includes the clone visors, and in the Ninjago crystallised every set that came with any golden weapon included all the others as spares. They are all made from the same mold so that are made together.

That said I'm sure they could and hopefully will make a separate sting mold, dusk molded to glow blue and a different mold for a the reforged Anduril ( and the  unbroken Narsil.)

Edited by Agent Kallus

On 3/20/2023 at 7:32 PM, QuiggoldsPegLeg said:

Regardless of what happens, it would be a crying shame if we never get figures of Éowyn, Faramir, or the Witch King.

And a soldier of gondor 

On 3/24/2023 at 8:28 PM, Gorilla94 said:

tbf they made that little baggie for this one set specifically so no more sets are currently promised....

Thanks! :) 

Well, there was the leaked Design for Barad Dur, we got the perfect Horn piece for a Balrog, several new lotr moulds Lego could perfectly reuse... I think there is no chance we won't see more sets. Personally I'd love to see Erebor, which I know is pretty unlikely xD

11 hours ago, Gorilla94 said:

Thanks! :) 

Well, there was the leaked Design for Barad Dur, we got the perfect Horn piece for a Balrog, several new lotr moulds Lego could perfectly reuse... I think there is no chance we won't see more sets. Personally I'd love to see Erebor, which I know is pretty unlikely xD

for sure. I'm just saying if rivendell doesn't sell well we won't get more sets that's what the designers said atleast

I've been taking out my old LOTR and hobbit sets. My Radagast's arms are very tight. No doubt they are going to snap at some point. Any thoughts on how to prevent the arms from breaking?

28 minutes ago, Shroffy123 said:

I've been taking out my old LOTR and hobbit sets. My Radagast's arms are very tight. No doubt they they are going to snap at some point. Any thoughts on how to prevent the arms from breaking?

If the arms are tight then the torso would more likely crack not the arms themselves.  I'm not sure what you mean though are the arms tight when you move them up and down?

48 minutes ago, zoth33 said:

If the arms are tight then the torso would more likely crack not the arms themselves.  I'm not sure what you mean though are the arms tight when you move them up and down?

Yes. When I try to move the arms there is alot of resistance 

38 minutes ago, Shroffy123 said:

Yes. When I try to move the arms there is alot of resistance 

Yeah sometimes they loosen up or sometimes the torso cracks.  Arms have a tendency to crack at the hands.  I've never had an arm crack at the shoulder where it meets the torso.  

I'm hoping the torso doesn't crack. If it's the arms I can replace. I'm wondering what I can do to loosen them so there isn't much resistance 

Maybe try some soap.  Lubricants can take the paint off torso and arms.  

2 minutes ago, Shroffy123 said:

I'm hoping the torso doesn't crack. If it's the arms I can replace. I'm wondering what I can do to loosen them so there isn't much resistance 

Like use some soapy water.  

Edited by zoth33

3 minutes ago, Shroffy123 said:

Thank you. I'll try that. I just realized the back of the legs to my azog minifig are cracked 😕

That sucks I hope that doesn't happen to mine.  A few of my Thorin and Aragorn torsos have cracked.  

On 3/25/2023 at 1:28 AM, Gorilla94 said:

I can't imagine them re-using the same combination again.

However, I do think we will see the elven blades, sting, axes ect. again, but with the addition of re-forged Narsil and Glamdring.

I was quite surprised those two were not already included, given the relative ease to which they could have been included in the single mould that all of weapons were made in.
All they needed was to design them and add them to the sprue and maybe give us one less axe and broken Narsil :shrug_confused:

Hi, has anyone anywhere found Rivendell on sale other than from Lego directly? It is not clear to me whether it is meant to stay TLG exclusive. Thanks

Not here yet, altho i saw the hulkbuster, the hogwarts express, black panther bust and the mandalorian star ship all hete while having the exclusive tag on lego.

the mandalorian and hogwarts express even are cheaper since today (500 and 420 euro) and at that particular retailer i got some nice extra discounts from work (425 for the mandalorian I can get). 

edit: my bad, they are now rare items opposed to exclusive. Probably means they didn’t sell to good.. while im pretty sure the hulkbuster was exclusive

Edited by unclejeffie

1 hour ago, unclejeffie said:

edit: my bad, they are now rare items opposed to exclusive. Probably means they didn’t sell to good.. while im pretty sure the hulkbuster was exclusive

It might be that they are exclusive for the first three months.

Yes, many of these larger sets are exclusive for the first three months and then go out to other retailers. No idea whether that will apply to Rivendell though.

Does anyone think that Lego will answer if Rivendell sold well enough to make more sets (like a definitive statement) or do you all think we will just be in limbo till next year and maybe get a leak of a new set like Baradu Due or line (or not).  I am hoping since lego has essentially publicly told us that this needs to sell well if we want more LOTR (designer reviews, and multiple ambassador reviews state this - about as public a declaration as we can get) then we would also get some type of public announcement that yes it sold well enough to get more.  Probably too much to hope for that Lego would provide a public follow up on sales after they indicated they would not make more sets without sales.

Edited by Lordhelmet

21 hours ago, Shroffy123 said:

I've used hot and soapy water and it worked. For reference, I used it on my 2007 Troll Witch/Queen. It worked but I regret not using it on all my 2015 iron man torsos because they have all shattered 

20 hours ago, zoth33 said:

That sucks I hope that doesn't happen to mine.  A few of my Thorin and Aragorn torsos have cracked.  

I had an Aragorn, legolas, and gimli bagged up for a few years in anticipation of a LOTR return. I built them when I finished Rivendell. my hand was shaking SO much and Gimli and Aragorn created cracky sounds when putting on their legs. Not going to touch them and will keep them on display. 

1 hour ago, kuzyabricks said:

I've used hot and soapy water and it worked. For reference, I used it on my 2007 Troll Witch/Queen. It worked but I regret not using it on all my 2015 iron man torsos because they have all shattered 

When applying the hot and soapy water. Did you remove the arms and apply it inside the socket? Or left arms in and applied?

53 minutes ago, Shroffy123 said:

When applying the hot and soapy water. Did you remove the arms and apply it inside the socket? Or left arms in and applied?

I put the piece under running hot soapy water, let it stay in the water for a little bit and then took the arms out while in the hot soapy water. Mind you I've only tried this once but it did work compared to when I didn't use this method.

4 hours ago, Lordhelmet said:

Does anyone think that Lego will answer if Rivendell sold well enough to make more sets (like a definitive statement) or do you all think we will just be in limbo till next year and maybe get a leak of a new set like Baradu Due or line (or not).  I am hoping since lego has essentially publicly told us that this needs to sell well if we want more LOTR (designer reviews, and multiple ambassador reviews state this - about as public a declaration as we can get) then we would also get some type of public announcement that yes it sold well enough to get more.  Probably too much to hope for that Lego would provide a public follow up on sales after they indicated they would not make more sets without sales.

I feel like some indication is not impossible. But I also think it is still too early to tell.

It did sell well, it seems, when it first came out, and perhaps Lego is looking at how the set will fare over the next coming months as well. I feel that they may not only be testing the waters in terms of the theme of LOTR itself, but also how the market received such a style of building (choice of Rivendell - never made in that scale before), and how people reacted to the price point (they will probably consider this in determining the size of the next project). 

I feel Rivendell was perfect. Expensive but worth it. The price may deter a lot of people from buying right away, but I am hoping a lot more will buy eventually.