Caffeine

What's your ethnicity?

What a crazy topic! :tongue: Generalising - it seems that American and Dutch people have their ethinicities mapped out to the exact percentile! :laugh:

I agree with most of the sentiments that ethnicity has very little real meaning. I'm not sure how people work out the percentages either - I assume people are assuming equal contribution from all four grandparents or eight great-grandparents? I don't agree with this - I look exactly like my dad but in personality it's more of a 50/50 split. It depends on who's genes dominate (look at eye colour, hair colour etc)? This isn't supposed to be a definitive answer but just trying to give an indication of how complicated it really is!

I only really know as far as my grandparents - both my dad's parents were Scottish, and my mum's mother was Scottish (from near Perth) but my mum's father was Polish (fled over here during WW2) - this is not an unusual composition since I'm from Scotland! So I'll let those who want to put numbers to everything work that one out...

I am: German Irish French American. Mostly American and Irish, hardly at all French.

100% Minifig... So shut up!

jifel

We Finns are so inbred and secluded as a nation that I'm most probably 100% Finnish to the tee. :tongue:

Also, what inane person thought of describing white people as "Caucasian"? If you know anything about geology, Caucasus is an area in the Middle East where native people for sure don't have white skin. Silly business...

Typical white North American mutt. I have some English, Swedish, and Cherokee backgrounds... and probably more that I don't know about.

We Finns are so inbred and secluded as a nation that I'm most probably 100% Finnish to the tee. :tongue:

I guess it's the same with us Swedes, my family is 100% Swedish in at least 7 generations. :hmpf: Quite boring...

Also, what inane person thought of describing white people as "Caucasian"? If you know anything about geology, Caucasus is an area in the Middle East where native people for sure don't have white skin. Silly business...

The term "Caucasian" comes from the theory that Caucasus was the origin of the Indo-European people. So it was Indo-Europeans that was called Caucasians and those could be from Europe, West Asia, North Africa and India and had a wide selection of skin colours. But this term isn't really used any more, at least not in scientific connections, since there was a lot of doubtful racist theories included in this thinking.

I'm pretty sure i'm somewhere around 100 % American...?

I think your 90% texan and 10% american. Gotta love Texas. I lived in Abilene on and off for 4 years and a solid year in George West. Are you shuttin' the border down. I never see any news about the border in Texas. Get the emigre to work.OH YEah one more thing NOBAMA.Palin 2012

45% Mexican and 55% American And proud of it!

Theres not to much mexicans here. :sing:

No that's because they don't try to learn ANGLAISE. Instead we cater to their pathetic whims. I my Grossmutter came here from germany, She learned English in three months and worked (indentured servant/ Slave) in cottonfields in Memphis along side Blacks for five years just to get a greencard then had to wait another 10 years to get citizenship. I can speak English/German/ and Some Spanish, but I won't give an illegal a potato if he don't try to learn the language and then march his A$$ back across the Rio Grande.

I'm 100% pure beef, topped with two slices of cheese and Darn those commercials! I'm %100 percent frickin-American! You gotta problem with that, punk? :angry::tongue:

I am equal parts Slovak, Irish, German and Swedish.

That is... Interesting, there are quite alot of people here with ancestors from our corner of the woods. :grin:

Stauder

My mom is American (originaly her ancestors came from holland) and my dad is british.

So I'm Holmericish, I guess

I'm 100% Irish.

Born and educated in Dublin but now living and working in England. My wife is English so I guess my offspring will be 50% English but I won't hold that against them! :tongue:

Cheers

Rog

Not sure what percents, but I am British, Irish, Scottish, Czech, and German. And probably some other stuff.

No that's because they don't try to learn ANGLAISE. Instead we cater to their pathetic whims. I my Grossmutter came here from germany, She learned English in three months and worked (indentured servant/ Slave) in cottonfields in Memphis along side Blacks for five years just to get a greencard then had to wait another 10 years to get citizenship. I can speak English/German/ and Some Spanish, but I won't give an illegal a potato if he don't try to learn the language and then march his A$$ back across the Rio Grande.

This is the internet where everyone is entitled to their opinion, so I'll have to respectfully disagree with you here. My parents were illegal immigrants to the United States in 1980; they became "real" Americans when President Reagan signed the Immigration Reform and Control Act in 1986. Long before this law came into existence, they learned English, assimilated themselves into American culture/community and were always grateful this country gave them a chance. They've worked hard all their lives and continue to this day. To generalize and name call in the manner you did is both disheartening and offensive to say the least. I seemed to have turned out alright, illegal parents and all.

As I'm sure no one wants to see this morph into a political argument, this is where my post becomes on topic. :tongue: My parents are from El Salvador, which makes me 100% Salvadoran (bonus points for anyone who knows where this country is :thumbup: )

As I'm sure no one wants to see this morph into a political argument, this is where my post becomes on topic. :tongue: My parents are from El Salvador, which makes me 100% Salvadoran (bonus points for anyone who knows where this country is :thumbup: )

post-2723-1246883004.jpg

Just so you know, I already knew where it was, I just googled "World Map" and circled it on there. :wink:

Just so you know, I already knew where it was, I just googled "World Map" and circled it on there. :wink:

That's good, I was only half kidding when saying that( :tongue: ), I would hope everyone knows their world map nowadays (especially if you live on this side of the world).

100% American (you know, some English, French, Irish, and German blood, and rumors of other blood as well) conceived, born, raised and still living in Switzerland, and most of the time I just consider myself a human-being. My son is Swiss, and much of the time he considers me not to be human... :tongue: .

This is the internet where everyone is entitled to their opinion, so I'll have to respectfully disagree with you here. My parents were illegal immigrants to the United States in 1980; they became "real" Americans when President Reagan signed the Immigration Reform and Control Act in 1986. Long before this law came into existence, they learned English, assimilated themselves into American culture/community and were always grateful this country gave them a chance. They've worked hard all their lives and continue to this day. To generalize and name call in the manner you did is both disheartening and offensive to say the least. I seemed to have turned out alright, illegal parents and all.

I'm Glad you assimilated into US culture but the majority of illegals from South and Central America do not. Pm me if you want to discuss further. For you euros out there Senator Kennedy came up with the immigration act not Reagan also it states that if you are from Europe you have less of a chance to get a green card. Only People of color need apply.

I'm Glad you assimilated into US culture but the majority of illegals from South and Central America do not. Pm me if you want to discuss further. For you euros out there Senator Kennedy came up with the immigration act not Reagan also it states that if you are from Europe you have less of a chance to get a green card. Only People of color need apply.

The original post was about not having many Mexicans here on the EB boards, so please step down from your soapbox about immigration. That is not the point of this topic.