7 minutes ago, Dr.Cogg said:

The Ice Emperor is on instagram.

Interesting. I’m guessing the red armored ice zombie is his second in command, with the other three going down the ranks. I wonder if the snakes will have something similar.

21 minutes ago, crimsondeity said:

Interesting. I’m guessing the red armored ice zombie is his second in command, with the other three going down the ranks. I wonder if the snakes will have something similar.

I hope not, that armour is too good for it to be exclusive to two characters. I hope it's more of a 'royal guard' deal. 

But as for the Emporer himself . . meh. I dunno, just something about his mouth is very unattractive . . the red one looks so much better with the trans clear head and arm. 

EDIT: Okay, I somehow missed that the Ice Emperor also has a trans blue arm, but that's not better because it means they probably use the same torso. 

5 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Does anyone else think we might see Pythor this season? My theory is that these snakes are the evolutionary ancestors of the present-day Serpentine, mummified and preserved, and Pythor has somehow awakened them. And then the ice zombies rise up in opposition to them and Ninjago gets caught in the middle. 

Probably no Pythor this season, he would have been mentioned already as he's one of the biggest Nijjago villains. But I'm also really curious who these new snakes are. Maybe they will retroactively say they were always there but never mentioned before like Vermillion.

The Vermillion were artificially created by the elder time twin.

The red armored Samurai is probably General Vex.

Edited by Dr.Cogg

15 minutes ago, Dr.Cogg said:

In their armored form yes. But they were first generation spawn of the Great Devourer so chronologically they existed even before they first showed up and were retroactively added to the story as 6th tribe of serpentine.

37 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

In their armored form yes. But they were first generation spawn of the Great Devourer so chronologically they existed even before they first showed up and were retroactively added to the story as 6th tribe of serpentine.

I still think that they're affiliated with the Water element. Like how each of the original four tribes corresponded with one of the four original Ninja and their elements, and the Anacondrai obviously correspond to Lloyd and Energy, the Vermillion match Nya and Water. After all, they're born in swamps. 

Definitely curious to know more about the mummy snakes. 

Edited by Feng-huang0296

1 hour ago, Dr.Cogg said:

I don't think such a character would appear in the smallest set.

49 minutes ago, dimaks13 said:

I don't think such a character would appear in the smallest set.

Who knows for sure? I mean Morro minifig was both in the biggest Possession set 120$ and in cheap 10$ Airjitsu flyer.

16 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

Who knows for sure? I mean Morro minifig was both in the biggest Possession set 120$ and in cheap 10$ Airjitsu flyer.

Spinners are a different story, I meant 70671.

6 hours ago, Dr.Cogg said:

Actually they're the first spawn of the great devourer

10 hours ago, crimsondeity said:

Someone over on the Chan posted set descriptions (caveat emptor, natch), and mentioned an empress. I'm guessing the pearl gold snake with the female torso print is her. Also sounds like it's zombie ice ninjas versus fire mummy snakes, with the ninjas caught in the in the middle.

Oh, and supposedly a Destiny's Bounty remake.

28 minutes ago, K_Tiger said:

Oh, and supposedly a Destiny's Bounty remake.

I wouldn't exactly call it that.

54 minutes ago, K_Tiger said:

Also sounds like it's zombie ice ninjas versus fire mummy snakes, with the ninjas caught in the in the middle.

This wave is definitely sounding unique, instead of Ninja vs badguys, It's Ninjas between two warring groups. (Unless it turns out one side is actually good)

I am curious to see how the Chima crossover will play out (if the rumors turn out to be true). Chima has been retired since 2015, it's kinda strange that they decide to do a crossover now.

24 minutes ago, Lego David said:

I am curious to see how the Chima crossover will play out (if the rumors turn out to be true). Chima has been retired since 2015, it's kinda strange that they decide to do a crossover now.

You would have to scroll through like a million tweets, but Jan said he would say that he didn't believe it and he would eat his words later then Tommy A replied "I hope you are hungry, Jan." So I think it's going to happen.

Plus Davyd on YouTube agrees and so does TannerFishies.

And there are some people that LOVED Chima ( Like me. ).

22 hours ago, Exetrius said:

But that applies to many - if not most - themes. Think of Atlantis, Ultra Agents, but also to Dimensions and much loved CMF. 

Irrespective of theme, that seeming disregard even applies to one of the most versatile subcategories of headgear parts, HAIRPIECES, which nowadays are introduced faster than they're recolored. :def_shrug:

22 hours ago, Thedarkmaster2 said:

different colors

I don't understand what this response means. :shrug_confused:

22 hours ago, Thedarkmaster2 said:

So you admit you don't know?

Sort of? :def_shrug: I guess @Aanchir has comprehensively illustrated your point somewhat, because if Lego can fail to further utilize/recolor even the most versatile of molds for many years after the fact, why shouldn't they introduce seemingly dead-end parts? I guess the ones I'd have the most hope for aren't necessarily guaranteed a future, and visa-versa. :sad:

Still, I subjectively find the whole thing to be screwed-up nonetheless. :sadnew:

21 hours ago, Dr.Cogg said:

The Ice Emperor is on instagram.

Oh great, another variant armor part encrusted with ice on the opposite side... :hmpf:

5 hours ago, Lego David said:

Heh, I wouldn't mind seeing a Ninjago/Nexo Knights crossover soon afterwards if that's indeed the case. Rather than merely Ninjago, how 'bout they name such a crossover "NexaGo Ninja Knights"? :tongue:

3 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Heh, I wouldn't mind seeing a Ninjago/Nexo Knights crossover soon afterwards if that's indeed the case. Rather than merely Ninjago, how 'bout they name such a crossover "NexaGo Ninja Knights"? :tongue:

As a big fan of Nexo Knights I would love to see a Ninjago/Nexo Knights crossover and if so hopefully we'd get a few crossover sets that are heavily leaning towards Nexo Knights. Honestly if humanoid animals things cross over with ninjas I feel like high tech knights have a high chance of doing so. 

Just now, Nexogeek said:

As a big fan of Nexo Knights I would love to see a Ninjago/Nexo Knights crossover and if so hopefully we'd get a few crossover sets that are heavily leaning towards Nexo Knights. Honestly if humanoid animals things cross over with ninjas I feel like high tech knights have a high chance of doing so. 

Regarding the more definite rumored crossover, I'd just hope they'd give any of Chima's returning characters a somewhat more consistent look, primarily by fixing their Anime/Magna eyes somehow to make them work a degree better alongside their human counterparts.

1 hour ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Oh great, another variant armor part encrusted with ice on the opposite side... :hmpf:

Eh? I thought it was just switched around. Cool either way 

Digger of Bricks, if you hate the Ninjago theme so much, why are you on this thread (yes I said hate, because all you do is complain about new molds, which ever theme has).

1 hour ago, Dr.Cogg said:

Digger of Bricks, if you hate the Ninjago theme so much, why are you on this thread (yes I said hate, because all you do is complain about new molds, which ever theme has).

I don't consider his discussion being hateful of the theme I view it as hes just expressing his opinion on the new molds regardless of how critical. Isn't that one of the points of topics like this is so discus each other opinions? 

4 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Actually, I'm pretty sure it's the same part, just backwards. 

And please no . . 

I hope that if there is a Chima crossover we get actual minifigures from Chima. I was in a dark age for most of Chima, but I actually really liked the theme, looking back, and wish I got more stuff from it. This sounds like it might be a way to make up.