Anonknee Muss

Marvel Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

58 minutes ago, NeutralNoodle said:

What are the chances of getting another Bricktober pack? I think it would be a good way of getting Ronin, scale suit Cap, Rescue, and a new Rocket. 

Unfortunately pretty low, those were usually just TRU exclusives and the only reason we even got it at all in the US is Lego having to reshuffle excess stock after the surprise closure.. Hopefully if the GWP significantly spiked orders or proved super popular so they'll do similar stuff in the future.

18 hours ago, HyperOnion said:

Overall really like the FFH wave, but the jet set is fairly baffling from Lego's end--why would they make the big exclusives Happy and Fury? I can't imagine any kid is going to push for that set over the other two.

I don't know why anyone would buy that set besides fury and completionistism

17 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

Probably, Hydro-man will turn into a human form in those scenes? While Molten-man is just a big ugly beast.

Hopefully. i would have rather had a build for a large hydro-man, so my only hope is that in the movie hydro man turns into a human form.

3 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

If only they included the Ditko (black and red suit) Man, I'ma go broke on April. 

Me too. As is I'm bricklinking peter parker, and buying the 2 smallest endgame sets, 2 armor rooms, and $200 on the star wars april releases i want. And I just bricklinked a 2014 destroyer, too... my wallet is going to be decimated within 2 weeks.

38 minutes ago, legozebra said:

Unfortunately pretty low, those were usually just TRU exclusives and the only reason we even got it at all in the US is Lego having to reshuffle excess stock after the surprise closure.. Hopefully if the GWP significantly spiked orders or proved super popular so they'll do similar stuff in the future.

Yeah, as much as I'm hoping they surprise us with something that has rescue,scale armor cap, ronin, QR hulk, and somehow the ditko suit, I can't see any chance now that toysrus no longer exists as it once did. Also, bricktober packs were rarely for licensed themes, so getting one was an irregularity.

3 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

That suit would have made it much more worth it for sure. I’m honestly surprised we got the stealth suit and not that suit. Between the smaller Endgame sets, the FFH sets, the 20 Anniversary Star Wars sets (and the heavily rumored UCS Tantive IV), and the HP sets, I’m gonna go broke between April and June

I'm actually saving a crap ton of money this year as I was planning on buying all Endgame, FFH, Harry Potter and Jurassic World sets this year. As far as revealed sets go I only want the Armour Room, Molten-Man Battle, Hydro-Man Attack and probably all of the HP sets except for the Knight Bus. Jurassic World and the other marvel sets are really underwhelming (though I might bricklink Fury and some of the JW figures).

As someone who loves smaller/medium sized sets because of my budget, I think the molten man set is a great value. Cheapest way to get mysterio, 2 exclusive figs including my favorite variation of Spider-Man in this movie, and the build looks fun. Probably one of my most anticipated sets of 2019.

Edited by TOTDForever

1 hour ago, TOTDForever said:

As someone who loves smaller/medium sized sets because of my budget, I think the molten man set is a great value. Cheapest way to get mysterio, 2 exclusive figs including my favorite variation of Spider-Man in this movie, and the build looks fun. Probably one of my most anticipated sets of 2019.

Agreed, and like I said earlier, I may get two so I can turn one of them into Surtur

3 hours ago, benderisgreat said:

If it's distributed as horrible as 2018 one, when only a few people in NA region can get and the rest of us have to pay ridiculous amount of money, no thank you. I'd rather they don't do it at all.

That's bad. I know they suck at handling the release of 2018 IW pack but that doesn't mean you could hinder other regions getting it IF EVER there would be. :innocent:

2 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Yeah, as much as I'm hoping they surprise us with something that has rescue,scale armor cap, ronin, QR hulk, and somehow the ditko suit, I can't see any chance now that toysrus no longer exists as it once did. Also, bricktober packs were rarely for licensed themes, so getting one was an irregularity.

Or they could do minifigure pack ala Knightmare Batman. If this movie is big as Infinity War (even more bigger in my opinion) and the popularity of the film. I can see it happening. 

Bricktober 2018 didn't happen mostly on US, but other countries had it. So why do you guys think that it won't happen again? Didn't TRU announced recently that they'll be back on business with different name? I'm no expert with this things but if they aren't open in US does it affect the whole world in distributing a Bricktober pack? :look:

29 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Agreed, and like I said earlier, I may get two so I can turn one of them into Surtur

You should post about it on eurobricks if you do I'd love to see a custom surtur

57 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

that'd be so cool. You'd do a brick built face, right?

56 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

That's bad. I know they suck at handling the release of 2018 IW pack but that doesn't mean you could hinder other regions getting it IF EVER there would be. :innocent:

Or they could do minifigure pack ala Knightmare Batman. If this movie is big as Infinity War (even more bigger in my opinion) and the popularity of the film. I can see it happening. 

Bricktober 2018 didn't happen mostly on US, but other countries had it. So why do you guys think that it won't happen again? Didn't TRU announced recently that they'll be back on business with different name? I'm no expert with this things but if they aren't open in US does it affect the whole world in distributing a Bricktober pack? :look:

Yeah, that's true. We could see an endgame bricktober pack and then get screwed over in the us again

A rescue with 2 outriders would be the best case scenario for something like knightmare batman. No new molds, but some great prints and army building. (not that we need any outriders now, but you know they'd do it.

1 hour ago, SpiderJazz said:

Bricktober 2018 didn't happen mostly on US, but other countries had it. 

Oh, and what does Australia count for? Chopped liver?

I would be so down with a Marvel minifigure pack, though. 

5 hours ago, benderisgreat said:

If it's distributed as horrible as 2018 one, when only a few people in NA region can get and the rest of us have to pay ridiculous amount of money, no thank you. I'd rather they don't do it at all.

lego's handling and distribution on the bricktober set is as good as the organisers of the fyre festival haha

Yeah, the IW bricktober pack was something I totally wish was better distributed, as I totally would have snagged that one for sure. Hopefully they don't repeat that same mistake any time soon.

I'm thinking about using the Hoskins head from the new Jurassic World Isla something wave for Happy Hogan. I think it might work better for his FFH appearance. Not really sure yet since I haven't seen very clear images of him yet (the previous version looked a little too angry)

22 minutes ago, Huigberts Builds said:

I'm thinking about using the Hoskins head from the new Jurassic World Isla something wave for Happy Hogan. I think it might work better for his FFH appearance. Not really sure yet since I haven't seen very clear images of him yet (the previous version looked a little too angry)

Is that the same head that has been used for the Lex Corps goons? If yes, I'm doing the same thing only minus is the alternate face is very angry like you've mentioned otherwise it works for Happy Hogan. His suit is generic.

4 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Oh, and what does Australia count for? Chopped liver?

I would be so down with a Marvel minifigure pack, though. 

That's what I'm talking about. Let's face it, they f**ked up with the promotion in the US coz of TRU's s closing, but that doesn't mean TRU in Asia and others couldn't have another because there's no TRU in the US. 

25 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Is that the same head that has been used for the Lex Corps goons? If yes, I'm doing the same thing only minus is the alternate face is very angry like you've mentioned otherwise it works for Happy Hogan. His suit is generic.

Yes that's the one. But it looks like the new wave of sets have that head with new expressions. (1 side appears to be slightly smirking) I hope the yet to be revealed side comes closest to Happy.

10 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

Bricktober could happen again but since Bricktober 2018 a lot more countries have lost their TRU like the Netherlands, Belgium, Germany etc. 

IF lego would be doing it again I'd say its most likely for them to be doing the promotion themselves

8 hours ago, Huigberts Builds said:

that could work pretty well

10 hours ago, BrickBuilder1 said:

Yeah, the IW bricktober pack was something I totally wish was better distributed, as I totally would have snagged that one for sure. Hopefully they don't repeat that same mistake any time soon.

Yes, I wish I could have gotten it, but they made it so difficult to get. If they do another one it better release along a wave of sets.

Just got an email saying 2x VIP points from now until March 31st! Does anyone know if we will be able to use this for the endgame sets or are those sets for sure coming out on April 1st?

2 hours ago, PizzaTime_2099 said:

Just got an email saying 2x VIP points from now until March 31st! Does anyone know if we will be able to use this for the endgame sets or are those sets for sure coming out on April 1st?

The manager at my local Mastermind told me that they wouldn't be on shelves till the 1st due to Lego actually enforcing street dates this time around, so it's pretty likely that we won't be able to take advantage of the 2x points. :cry3:

Local retailers are getting shipments of the Funko POPs for Endgame, with a street date of March 31st. I’m pretty sure this is the blanket release date for Endgame products, and they’ll fall within the Double VIP promotion window.

4 minutes ago, HalfBloodPrince said:

Why does everyone keep complaining about the endgame sets, yet they still buy them.... Pretty foolish.

Well it's probably the last chance for us to get new versions of some characters that might leave the mcu after this movie. So I kinda wished they went all out for them, especially since it's such a big event. But instead they get a send-off in a suit that appears everywhere. So we might never get a shot at the cool comic accurate suits they wear in the movie. But for that exact same reason I'm still going to buy them, since it's probably our last chance to get certain characters.

47 minutes ago, Huigberts Builds said:

Well it's probably the Last Chance for us to get new versions of some characters that might leave the mcu after this movie. So I kinda wished they went all out for them, especially since it's such a big event. But instead they get a send-off in a suit that appears everywhere. So we might never get a shot at the cool comic accurate suits they wear in the movie. But for that exact same reason I'm still going to buy them, since it's probably our Last Chance to get certain characters.

I dunno about it being our last chance to get certain characters. Certain MCU variants of characters for sure, but I doubt this is the last Iron Man figure we'll ever see. As for my purchasing choices, I've got versions of most of the figures in this wave already so I only really care about the builds this time around. Therefore I'm probably not going to be getting any sets from the Endgame wave other than the Quinjet which looks like it'll be pretty easy to mod into a classic space-styled set.

37 minutes ago, shadefoundry said:

As for my purchasing choices, I've got versions of most of the figures in this wave already so I only really care about the builds this time around. Therefore I'm probably not going to be getting any sets from the Endgame wave other than the Quinjet which looks like it'll be pretty easy to mod into a classic space-styled set.

Dude, literally, that is my exact way of thinking with the Endgame sets. I've gotten plenty of the characters, so I'm just going for the Ultimate Quinjet because it is a sleek looking quinjet, and it does look very easy to mod into a spaceship.

49 minutes ago, shadefoundry said:

I dunno about it being our last chance to get certain characters. Certain MCU variants of characters for sure, but I doubt this is the last Iron Man figure we'll ever see.

Oh yeah I'm sorry I was purely talking about the mcu. Should've made myself more clear. Of course it's not the end of the world, and we still got a few nice variations, especially the Iron Man ones. But still, you would expect more of such a big cinematic event that's the end of an era.

2 hours ago, HalfBloodPrince said:

Why does everyone keep complaining about the endgame sets, yet they still buy them.... Pretty foolish.

Personally, I’m probably only going to get the Hall of Armor since it’s the only one I like and it’s something I’ve wanted since Iron Man 3. But I might get the Cap set on sale for the new helmet and shield.