Thanks both. It will not be RC, but next step is to finish stairs and bodywork (and then cab)...but one at the time. @Sjoemie himself thanks for train BB suggestion :thumbup:

Edited by I_Igor

Gearbox is finished and now I need to put stairs and to see how to make mudguards...but enough for today

800x1422.jpg

800x1422.jpg

(Sorry for bad image quality)

@I_Igor you are welcome, glad I could help. Progress is looking good. How are you planning to make the stairs? Simply from technic axles and connectors or something else?

I also need stairs but on the real tractor they are quite 'flimsy' so I'm not sure if it would look good on my tractor to use technic axles. 

Stairs will be made with axles and connectors or perhaps I'll make than using plate modified with holes...

2817.png

I'll see, the thing that is causing me more headache are mudguards...

I can see why the mudguards are difficult. They are quite long and rond, not an easy shape to make with technic elements. Perhaps you can use flex axles or flex hoses? 

Do the front mudguards move with the wheel while steering? 

1 hour ago, Sjoemie himself said:

I can see why the mudguards are difficult. They are quite long and rond, not an easy shape to make with technic elements. Perhaps you can use flex axles or flex hoses? 

Do the front mudguards move with the wheel while steering? 

I was planing to use flex axles for mudguards (just missing few of them) and front ones should tun with wheels. But now there is another problem, m-motor is in the way when steering to the right if I want to make smallest circle, so I'll have to redesign this a little bit...

@grum64 thank you very much :sweet:

@Sjoemie himself m-motor placement problem is solved, so after brake I'll go and finish this side; left side is much simpler to make...

Main goal was to make gearbox control lever easy to operate...

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

Sorry for unprofessional background and bad photos

Edited by I_Igor

... anyway left side (of course without mudguards) is finished...

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

Just now, BrickbyBrickTechnic said:

Do the wheels not rub against the gearbox the way you've got them?

Great MOC by the way!

Not anymore, I use frames at front and rear end of gearbox and at closest point to the chassis tire "goes" inside frame and has one half stud space between gearbox and tire. It took me a while to solve it and needed time to optimize construction. I think that the most complicated part is done, but Cab, mudguards and bonnet are still waiting to be done. Perhaps I'll play around front 3 point hitch...

10 hours ago, Sjoemie himself said:

Good progress again @I_Igor. Looking forward to see how you will tackle the bodywork. I'm still debating about how I should do it on my tractor.. 

Basic concept is to use panels, connectors and perhaps flex axles, but I'll see. In your case it is a bit simpler because your model does not have so "curvy" bonnet and rounded parts of cab :wink:

15 minutes ago, Sjoemie himself said:

With that in mind you could have built the first JCB system tractor. It has a much more boxy shape, better for reproducing in LEGO form. :grin:

I know, but it looks like shoe box :laugh:

This one is more challenging

Great progress. Like the compact and complex mechanics. Looking forward seeing how you design the cabin and the rest of the exterior.

Thanks buddy,

For cab I have just ordered curved bricks in yellow (for rear part of cab; I have black ones) so in a two - three weeks cab should be finished.

43 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

so in a two - three weeks cab should be finished

that's really fast! good luck with that!

Just now, jrx said:

that's really fast! good luck with that!

And thanks for info about new sets. Now I know that one of future projects will be CLAAS Jaguar with terratrac system at the front (with sprockets from Liebherr) and rear tractor tires. About this, since Lego has now licence with Liebherr, it is possible to make scorpion telehandler by CLAAS because it was developed together with Liebherr :wink:

38 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

And thanks for info about new sets. Now I know that one of future projects will be CLAAS Jaguar with terratrac system at the front (with sprockets from Liebherr) and rear tractor tires. About this, since Lego has now licence with Liebherr, it is possible to make scorpion telehandler by CLAAS because it was developed together with Liebherr :wink:

Sounds great!!! Just build it!

53 minutes ago, jrx said:

Sounds great!!! Just build it!

I will when the time will be right :wink:

It's good to see that someone has started to build Fastrac :) After the pictures WIP looks like a well-thought-out model. I had to postpone my construction of 4220, so I am waiting for further progress @I_Igor