56 minutes ago, sirslayer said:

I've noticed on your differentials, it's dual gear!!! Is that for the PTO and do you have and example of a PTO?? Looks great my friend !! 

Thanks Victor

Front dual is to minimize differential clicking and rear is for PTO because there is no place for another m-motor... Model is driven with XL-motor and servo is for steering. 

Since I have to wait for some two months to become info if servo motor is available for one my project; I have some time to deal with another...this time I'm trying to make 1:15 Scale JCB Loadall 560-80 (based on Unimog tires). So far I have some hour of building time and started with front axle. Just a note; Fastrac will be assembled. Here are some development images and I apologise for bad picture quality.

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

I hope for better weather to make photos at daylight.

Regards

Edited by I_Igor

Interesting choice! Since I've finished my claas telehandler I've been looking at projects like yours!

@I_IgorHave you already planned what functions your JCB will have? What engines will you use?

Edited by eric trax

@eric trax

My plan is to make it powered by 2 L-motors (geared down of course and I hope to add fake 4 cylinder engine), to install 3 steering modes using 2 m-motors, to have telescopic boom that raises and to have tiltable fork at the end sinc there is no 21 stud wide bucket...of course it will take a time to make stiff and light construction with all those motors inside...

I was planing to make CLAAS Scorpion, but to fit my chosen scale (1:15) I had to us Tumbler tires which are extremely wide IMHO for such machine. (Don't like balloon tires)

I'll probably make new Lexion when I purchase new dark bluish gray XL sprockets (I have simple terratrac solution, but have to make both tracks and wheels drive for harvester)

Regards

Edited by I_Igor

To see what I plan to make, here is a image of real telehandler

(I have used as link because I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post image from Mascus seller...)

Edited by I_Igor

Few pf elements have arrived so I have decided to make some development of my Fastrac and this weekend I had few free hours. For propulsion are two L-MOTORS used because they have more mounting points than XL-motor...

800x1067.jpg

800x600.jpg

As you can see I'm trying to make is simple as possible and at the same time sturdy by using frames as much as possible.

Any comments, questions, ideas, criticism are welcome.

As usual things does work out as planned, but in the meantime 2 black 7 x 11 frames have arrived  yesterday.:wub: today afternoon I had several hours to play around with them and have decided to make JCB Fastrac 4220 chassis based on them. I must admit that I'm pleasently surprised with them. Now if later (next) year light bluish gray would be available for my two projects that are on standstill for now that would be great. Anyway base for Fastrac chassis is done and you can see how it looks like below (I'm sorry for bad images quality due to cloudy weather today, so I've decided to make photos later ...)

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

Edited by I_Igor
Forgot that we have 29th December today..

Well in the USA, the cheapest price for one 7x11 frame is $2.32 USD !!!  I thought $1 per unit was expensive but over $2 dollars !! wow.. @I_IgorHow much did it cost you, if you don't mind me asking?? 

Just now, sirslayer said:

Well in the USA, the cheapest price for one 7x11 frame is $2.32 USD !!!  I thought $1 per unit was expensive but over $2 dollars !! wow.. @I_IgorHow much did it cost you, if you don't mind me asking?? 

There were only 2 black available here in Croatia and it costed me about 4 USD per piece, since shipping is some 0.5 USD, it is not for bad; shipping from outside (of Croatia) would cost me additional 10 bucks...White ones are cheaper - some 2 USD but I needed black, so black chassis is on the way and hope to finish chassis this year (on Silvester).

6 hours ago, jorgeopesi said:

Sometimes I hate when new good parts arrive because they make us rebuild our MOCs and begin the never ending MOC story...

In this case I like it; I was waiting more than year and half for this part to be available here to rebuild chassis. And when I find some 5 hours time I'll rebuild it very easy.

3 hours ago, jorgeopesi said:

I understand you it is a very good part.

It helped me to save about 10 other parts with just this construction. ..

After completely chaotic week I had few hours time today to work on RC Fastrac. After some work I have managed to make propulsion using 2 XL motors and solution works without any flaws, no clicking or popup gears, no popup CV joints because I had to use ball joint for Unimog torque tube. At this point I have special thank to @efferman who's Scania wrecker was an inspiration for drivetrain solution. It is still unfinished rear chassis and rear axle but I hope to optimize it this month (since my last update was last year :laugh:)

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

After a while I had some time to work on Fastrac this weekend; and most of chassis is finished. Final model will be representing 2020 JCB Fastrac 4220 with 710/60R30 tires (overall width 2700mm) and featuring 2 black lower stairs on right side same dimensions as on left. There will be no fake engine (for the first time in my MOC). Model is driven with 2 L-motors geard down 8-24 tooth, steered with servo and one m-motor for front and one for rear PTO. As you can see I use frames wherever I can to save weight and parts count. To make it easier (and a bit lighter and to save some parts I have decided to build cab without sun roof. Here are two new images and after a brake I'll continue to work on it.

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

...left side is finished...

800x1067.jpg

...and right side is finished...

800x1067.jpg

Edited by I_Igor
Added images...

Cab structure is finished and now I need only to make yellow top...it seems that @jorgeopesi infected me because I have spent very looooong time to make cab structure using less parts as possible (thanks to 7 x 11 frame and "biscuit" pieces...)

800x1422.jpg

800x1422.jpg

800x450.jpg

It looks good and very complex with few pieces. We do not need 4000 pieces to have fun, we have fun using the less pieces we can to get functions. Well then it would habe to be quite cute but that is not my forte yet...

8 hours ago, jorgeopesi said:

It looks good and very complex with few pieces. We do not need 4000 pieces to have fun, we have fun using the less pieces we can to get functions. Well then it would habe to be quite cute but that is not my forte yet...

Thanks Jorge.

Indeed, the only places with high number of pieces will be rooftop with yellow plates and some 20 ½pins, hood and I suppose that rear mudguards would be made from number of #3 connectors...but structure is the simplest I can get with 3 7x11 frames ad about 10 5x7 frames...as you can predict there will be no fake engine in this (I hope final) version.

Regards

... finished cab

800x1422.jpg

800x1422.jpg

...as you can see lots of plates are used and what you don't see ~~ 20 ½ pins...

Sorry for bad (and rotated?) photos; better photos will be taken outside when model is finished. Next preoccupation is to make compact front hitch (probably something similar to Version) and pto...

So far the only thing that I'm not sure is how to make lighter rear mudguards that look "authentic" instead using #3 connectors...

This weekend weather is very nice and I had some free time to continue build on (what I hope will be) final Fastrac version. I hope that images are acceptable this time in terms of quality. The main thing that needs to be done is front hood and two minor details; rear hitch needs 2 additional small lifts 1 x 3 and I need to design simple add-blue fuel tank reading part (just a loolks of course).

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

9 hours ago, AFOLegofan66 said:

This is finally looking great...with lots of time, parts and rebuilding!! Awesome!

Thanks, indeed I needed lots of trial and error to make optimal chassis etc, now I just hope to find enough time this week to finish hood and to continue other projects....

Regards

You can see how much work it cost to redesign the chassis. It's great that you managed to fit all these functions!

I'm most curious about how you will design the hood. I hope you won't let me down @I_Igor! : D

10 minutes ago, eric trax said:

You can see how much work it cost to redesign the chassis. It's great that you managed to fit all these functions!

I'm most curious about how you will design the hood. I hope you won't let me down @I_Igor! : D

The hood I plan to make similar to one before, but first I have to sort out yellow slopes and tiles... Mikhail there are two reasons for long redesign:

- I was stubborn and wanted to integrate  big tech if battery box and fake engine and

- I was constantly distracted with other obligations...

Kind regards