dunamis

10185 Green Grocer Review

Hi,

I can highly recommend getting 10185 Green Grocer.

The real problem is that these sets are very addictive and you won't be able to stop after the first one.

Just a slight warning!

Edited by grogall

Hi,

I can highly recommend getting 10185 Green Grocer.

The real problem is that these sets are very addictive and you won't be able to stop after the first one.

Just a slight warning!

Green Grocer is now sold out at S@H. Very few stores have them left. If anyone here was on the fence - hurry and buy one if you can find it.

Thanks for all the advice guys. I am doing a few extra shifts at work this week so I might be able to by myself one next week. It looks so great :wub:.

Green Grocer is now sold out at S@H. Very few stores have them left. If anyone here was on the fence - hurry and buy one if you can find it.

NOOOOOOOOooooooo!!! :cry_sad::pir_bawling:

It is still listed as available from the UK S@H as I just caved in after the gloriousness of the Grand Emporium and ordered one. :classic:

I was just on Shop@Home and it is listed as backordered and will ship in June. There is still a chance for all of you that have yet to buy this wonderful set.

Cheers!

Hail!

Thanks for this most excellent review! Probably the funniest review ever!

But I do have a qustion, though: Is there a baseplate for each floor? Not like the first/ground baseplate, but large plates where to build each floor, or is it like many plates brought together?

Since this has been bumped up again, I thought I'd have my two cents worth. :grin:

ONE of my favorite Lego sets of all time ! :wub:

My son constantly uses the Green Grocer building for his minifig plays - the best part is the highly detailed shop with all it's food and display fridge too !

If you don't own this set, try and get it - you won't be sorry !

I'm a conformist! everyone ! :sweet:

Hail!

Thanks for this most excellent review! Probably the funniest review ever!

But I do have a qustion, though: Is there a baseplate for each floor? Not like the first/ground baseplate, but large plates where to build each floor, or is it like many plates brought together?

Its many different plates built together, for example: 2 2x4s are connected by a 2x8 underneath the 2 bricks.

LegoGalactus

Edited by LegoGalactus

It is still listed as available from the UK S@H as I just caved in after the gloriousness of the Grand Emporium and ordered one. :classic:

Bought my Greengrocer last Sunday at Lego shop Milton Keynes, and they only had a few left, less than 10 in total...

If you get it you won't be dissapointed..

Its many different plates built together, for example: 2 2x4s are connected by a 2x8 underneath the 2 bricks.

LegoGalactus

Thanks!

Hopefully picking mine up next week. Just waiting for the store to get medieval market village in as well so i can get both at the same time (and 2x vip points!)

Great review as well, looking at the pictures convinced me to get it :tongue:

I'm thinking of getting another one. One to increase my GG to 4 floors. Quite literally, it was this set, not Cafe Corner, that tore me out of LEGO obscurity and increased my inventory piece count to around 15000 in less than a year. Best big modular ever, the most pieces out of all them 4 (or 5)

I got mine today and it looks great but I wonder how many polybags with bricks it should have? Because mine does not have the same number of polybags as said in this review. Is it different depending when the set was made and bought?

I finally got around to ordering this beauty from S@H. Oddly enough, when I placed my order, it said that I qualified for the Toy Story activity book. When I received my order yesterday, the activity book wasn't there (nor was it listed on the receipt/invoice) but it would have actually been more of a surprise to me had one actually made its way to me anyway. No big deal.

Onto the set itself - pictures really do no do the Green Grocer justice. As with the other modular buildings, these things look simply amazing in person. I had thoroughly studied each of the reviews for this set at one point, but luckily there will still many surprises while building this myself. Something that I had never noticed all this time is that there is actually plastic windows in front of the curtains on the second floor. In seeing that woman in the blue overalls standing out on the little balcony in pictures, I always assumed that area in front of the curtains was open. Many of the others details are very nice, and I found myself much more impressed with the fire escape as it really is quite nifty seeing it in person.

Overall, I am extremely pleased with the Green Grocer.

I got mine today and it looks great but I wonder how many polybags with bricks it should have? Because mine does not have the same number of polybags as said in this review. Is it different depending when the set was made and bought?

My set came in a slightly different box, it did not have the cardboard tray inside. Otherwise, it still had the same amount of polybags as dunamis listed. A heads up - he has listed the total amount of numbered bags + the smaller bags found within some of the larger ones.

After reading this thread I went ahead after a lot of hesitation for days and bought GC from S@H Denmark.

Now I am a happy camper!

I saw copies of this baby in San Mateo CA 2 weeks ago. Other than that, this is also around the same time last year when Cafe Corner started to do the disappearing trick as well.

Just my two cents, but...

Although GG is probably the most addictive set to get and to build,

once you're done you most likely put it away and start looking for

a neighbour one way or the other.

And that is where it begins. Just like Grogall said, before you realise

it, you are hooked on! Tweaking a set, start creating one from your

own imagination...

If you don't buy it, you would be safe...

...probably.

Cheers!

JJ.

As alway, feel free to comment, complain and question what you see here. I'd like to hear your feedback on this amazing set.

I REEEEAAALLLLY wish to have this set but it is discontinued! ;(

Edited by Rick
Removed excessive quote

I REEEEAAALLLLY wish to have this set but it is discontinued! ;(

Please don't bump old topics when you have little to add to the discussion. Also, don't quote entire posts, especially when they contain a lot of pictures. Thanks.