Siegfried

CONTEST: Build your own Impulse set!

Is there a specific date our entries need to be in by?
Yes; the 21st. As I said, you have some bonus time after that, but I make no guarantees. When I'm ready I'll make a final call with around six hours notice prior to closing entries. If you are close to being finished just make a post and I will entend the time up to another 12 hours.

Assuming you are offering (you don't actually say that you are) I might be interested. I'll get back to you.

What kind of deputy would I be if I wasn't offering?

Plus, if I don't win your love in the contest, at least I can get a little on the side. That sounds exactly as wrong as I intended. >:-)

No, you have to rush, just not as much! X-D

:-D , I'll finish it tonight anyway, and post it tomorrow, thanks for the semi extension.

To the Batbrick Cave! >:-)

While I'm being a rule ranter, iamded, your entry has two minfigs... 8-|

Oh, but hear me out, please, Sinner! X-D

In official TLC sets, skeleton leg pieces have been used for decoration, for fences and such. So it can count as a piece. Same with skulls, they have been included individually in sets. As for the arms and torso, well, maybe not, but a skeleton isn't like, a traditional minifig, it's quite different parts wise to a minifig. And I did count the skeleton as 6 pieces, so I don't break the rules parts-wise. Oh please, members of EB, let this pass! :'-) (That's my puppy eyes face...)

Skeletons-count-as-6-parts hopefully on! X-D

Oh, and in other news, my other 2 entries should be up, hopefully they are legitimate! The only un-plausible thing in them is:

Park - The Indy hat, and TLC connecting Hinckley's sailboat statue to the technic pin like that.

Skellie - The inclusion of that amount of accessories in an Impulse set. X-D

~Peace

Edited by iamded

Your argument is lacking. :-/ Lego often use heads and even legs and hair as a parts, Lego often use slope as legs for females, Lego have used the droid torso on trains and for the Y-Wing, the new robot parts seem to be designed to be used in many ways other than as a full robot, but when together, all of these are a minifig. Thus, after that long rant, I have no problem with any of the parts, just the usage. I clearly stated in the rules one and only one figure as it's what the Impulse sets are.

But I'm in a bit of a grump at the moment so I'll get back to you on this...

Last entry posted, a simple little City Impulse called Construction Detour.

Kept this one basic, and very much within the intended budget. If it had wheels, I think TLG would produce it. X-D

It does include free poetry though, so obviously that's a big plus for it. *wacko*

My entry for the History, Adventure and Pirates section is in!

It's called Pirate Captain, but he's not just a pirate captain! He is the son, of Captain Red Beard, whom we met in the past Pirate sets. He is here to bring back the most holy Pirates theme!! X-D Enjoy!

I was wondering if I could use a torso decal for my minifig instead of an official one? I skimmed through all 13 pages and didn't see it asked, so I'm sorry if it was.

Thanks!

I was wondering if I could use a torso decal for my minifig instead of an official one? I skimmed through all 13 pages and didn't see it asked, so I'm sorry if it was.

Thanks!

Yes, I did neglect that rule... sure why not. Just for the fig though.
I've decided yes, but you will lose 1 vote as a sign of my grumpyness. Actually I just remembered that I have already banned another entry for similar reasons so the answer has to be no.

What's the countdown here? I finally have my ideas... :-$

Well I just spent about over an hour going though the entries and updating the section lists so I'm out of time for today! Thus the end will be at least another day. Even though they make me grumpy, I have decided to not disqualify entires with baseplates, but I will make a big note in the voting topic that since they are not allowed they should be seen as background only. ;-)

Stealth hunter: You have two entries in City and Space. I will pick one at random and delete the other unless you rectify this yourself....

iamded: I really like that entry of yours so I hope you can rework it. You could have an animal there instead of the skeleton....

On a more postive note, there are 68 entries so far! Thanks everyone for entering. There are some really good entries. Because of the Wonders of the New Board we can have up to 40 options at once, so we will be able to do in all in one topic. I will start doing the 68 thumbnails soonish.

(imperialshadows: If the offer of help is still open, I would appreciate it if you did a few of the thumbnails. I'll start on the City and Space entires, and you can do a few of the Licensed ones... but it's OK if you haven't got the time. 150 pixels seems to work well as the longest size, and I tend to crop the image if I think it's needed.)

(imperialshadows: If the offer of help is still open, I would appreciate it if you did a few of the thumbnails. I'll start on the City and Space entires, and you can do a few of the Licensed ones... but it's OK if you haven't got the time. 150 pixels seems to work well as the longest size, and I tend to crop the image if I think it's needed.)

No problem at all. Since you made lists dividing up the themes, perhaps you could pm me the one for licensed, so I don't miss any I could read the first post. :-$

Now, do I thumbnail all 3 entry pics, or just the best one for each entry?

Now, do I thumbnail all 3 entry pics, or just the best one for each entry?

Thanks! Just the first/best please. For extra points you can make them all links, post them here and then all I have to do is cut and past them into the vote thread... ;-) But it would be a big help with just the thumbnails. Please add their name (I forgot to do that last time), but use a standard font so mine will match. (Any san-serif font is OK, just tell me what you pick!)

Thanks very much!

Thanks! Just the first/best please. For extra points you can make them all links, post them here and then all I have to do is cut and past them into the vote thread... ;-) But it would be a big help with just the thumbnails. Please add their name (I forgot to do that last time), but use a standard font so mine will match. (Any san-serif font is OK, just tell me what you pick!)

Thanks very much!

Lucida Sans is always nice and readable. I'll do the whole Licensed set, so they'll all match. Do you want them linked to their full size counterpart, or the post in this thread so someone can see the other pics?

Lucida Sans is always nice and readable. I'll do the whole Licensed set, so they'll all match. Do you want them linked to their full size counterpart, or the post in this thread so someone can see the other pics?
Sounds good. The link should go to the post, that way they can read the descrition as well. With 68 entries thumbnails are a must! :-D

Sounds good. The link should go to the post, that way they can read the descrition as well. With 68 entries thumbnails are a must! :-D

No wait please! :'-( I'm just about to post my final entry!

Ok, all done. 200 made a better height because of the boxed entries and a few people with names that are far too long *cough*Supreme Commander Grievous*cough* ;-)

Did make one assumption and moved adik_sa_lego from City to Licensed since it is a license, and one such set was already in the group.

In a few cases, they could have been narrower, but I didn't want it to seem like some entries were given a size advantage any more than already naturally occuring from their original images.

So, barring additions, licensed has 22 entries counting iamded's potentially disqualified one, which I did anyway.

Whole set of images ended up smaller than a couple of the individual entries. :-| Resize, people! >:-(

adiksalego.jpg batbrick.jpg brickchic.jpg

copmike.jpg graynar.jpg hewkii9.jpg

iamded.jpg imperialshadows.jpg jayber1974.jpg

kaboom4.jpg legofreak.jpg legolyons.jpg

mutley777.jpg piranha.jpg ricecracker.jpg

saracen.jpg sirnadroj.jpg skelliesgang.jpg

slyowl.jpg stealthhunter.jpg supremecommgrievous.jpg

tinypiesrus.jpg whitefangsg.jpg

Edited to add entry #23: Supercopmike, mild mannered reporter for the Daily Fabuland Tattler. ;-)

Yay! I FINALLY finished my comments:

Rupee Clock: A neat little impulse that has some useful parts.

Nyundi: A an awesome little cute buggy that I would definitely buy, great job on the boxart too.

Hopeless Magic: A very big for 27 pieces entry, I love the minifig and web and pumpkin head.

Lt.Veers: Good photography, a very sweet little city set with appropriate details.

adik sa lego: I would so buy this! Great mf and details, like a real set.

kaboom4: A good first entry, I love the lamp posts and shrubery. Plus a female mf!

xwingyoda: Hilarious! I love your toilet design!

Lego-Freak: An awesome entry, I would also buy this, great parts and just like a real Spongebob set!

PaulC: A sweet little gun turret, I love the mf and clever design.

zero1312: I love old Johnny's face! Awesome extras too!Slyowl: A wonderful Pirate one that i wolud easily buy in multiples for the lovely mf and food pieces.

Graynar: A clever and well made Not-zi impulse, I would buy.

imperialshadows: A very cool set, I would buy, but the real "treasure" is that fantastic boxart you've made!

Stealth Hunter: A very nive little impluse, I would buy for the minifig and mouse droid.

Lego Lyons: A very unique one, the ariel guy is cool, I would but for the great selection of pieces there.

Sir Nadroj: A nice little impulse with a good statue and lovely golden chest!

Quarryman: I would SO buy this! Great extras like monkey, fireplace and chicken leg too!

whitefang sq: A nice little Indy underwater adventure, I would get for more sharks.

Lt. Col. Thok: A cool "big" entry, good way to make a tower out of 27 pieces.

KhoRne: My favourite so far! I would definitely get this homeless impulse, please make it so TLC!

Copmike: My what a lovely car out of 27 pieces! Great job, I'd get for the pink!

hewkii9: I love vikings! What a great design you have there, I would buy for more boats and vikings!

mutley777: A wonderful SW entry! That transport is superb and practically perfect, I would buy!

skelliesgang: Yay a Batman entry! I love Scarecrow's labaratory, very nice extras, I would get a few.

imperialshadows: Simply wonderful! I've always wanted jawas and this is perfect!

kaboom4: A simple, but useful and nice entry.

Sir Nadroj: Haha! I would so buy this! A female mf like that? Must get!

Piranha: Is that really 27 pieces? I count more than that....Good entry though.

whitefang sq: A very clever tree that I would buy a few of for the brown pieces, foliage and minifig.

SirNadroj: I would SO buy several of this! A female mf and wonderful piratey extras is a win in my book!

LegoLyons: A sweet little Batman entry, I would definitely get a few for the mf and money.

Legolyons: Haha! I love this, the drunken pirate, very clever.

Batbrick: I'm admittingly happy with this one, I like the grandfather clock, bad Paintjob though!

Zero1312: A cool little Exo entry, I would buy for the minifig, I love the way you've made the flyer!

Slyowl: I love it, I want a Walrus fig! great job.

Lt. Col. Thok: Awesome little mailman entry, I want one!

whitefang sq: A nice little police entry, those guns are nice.....

Stealth Hunter: Very cool, I like the hoverbike and mf.

Stealth Hunter: I love the traffic light! Great little city entry!

swan45 I'm not sure on the barricade, but useful pieces and a nice fig there, me want that torso!

TinyPiesRUs: I love it! I would so buy multiples of this, that chinese guard is great and so are your extras!

hewkii9: A very well built speeder there, I would buy for my first clone mf.

Tanotrooper: I love it! I really want a Roman theme now, I love your mf and extras.

jayber1974: A very cool little space vehicle, I love the flaps on it.

Piranha: A cool entry, I would buy, but I think you have more than 27 pieces again....

alex54: A great little city entry, I want that bicycle and letter tiles!

ricecracker: A cool movie entry, I love your treadmill, great work there.

ricecracker: This is so inspired! I would love this, I really need more flames and Johnny Lightning is great!

ricecracker: Yay a female mf! Great work, I really want a bike and basketball too!

hollisbrick: I like this half entry, I really need more archers too.

skelliesgang: A fantastic entry! I would so buy! But i count 28 pieces....

jayber1974: A well thought and built entry, I love the board computer.

xenologer: A great little tractor! I love it, I would definitely buy.

supremecommandergrevious: Wow! An awesome robot and fig there! But I count more than 27 pieces..

TinyPiesRUs: Yay! I love this scene, great mine cart and fig, I want it now!

Saracen: Nice little licensed entry, I really want that fig, I love the gun platform too!

Batbrick: Post-apoc, nothing else need be said! Hehe, I love post-apoc.....

supremecommandergrevious: Fantastic entry! I love your speeder, brilliant job!

voxel: Haha! This is great, I love the autopsy look of it, wonderful job!

iamded: This City entry is hilarious! I love the oldman and statues, clever.

iamded: Great skellie entry, I want one, love the extras too, very useful, I would buy!

iamded: Ooh, Warhammer! I love this entry, good use of the orcs, too bad about the skellie being a second fig, I'd definitely purchase it...

LandLubber: I love that buggy! Give me 456 of them right now!

Landlubber: A very clever Ninja entry, I would buy several! Love the dojo construction!

brickchic: A great entry besides the baseplate, I love how much you've done!

brickchic: A nice Harry potter impulse with great extras!

imperialshadows: A fantastic city entry, I love your lamp post, I want one, or ten.

Lego-Freak: A cool Exo entry with some nice pieces! I love that gun too.

Mr.Tiber: Awesome pirate entry, I definitely would get one, fantastic extras, I want them!

Batbrick: Woo! Mountain troll and bad attempt at phtography AND humour ON!

Hinckley: Yay, an undead pirate impulse! Very clever, I love the rock and extras!

Hinckley: Haha! Pink war on, even if this hilarious entry is a little absurd!

Stealth Hunter: I had never thought of this, very clever and well executed for a blacksmith.

DJ Force: Great to see another Exo entry, I love the mf choice, your Rover is sweet.

copmike: Superman, great scene done in hilarious Copmike mode, well done.

Klaus-Dieter: A brilliant market scene, I love the "reversable" head and extras, great job!

xwingyoda: Hahaha! This is the worst SW impulse ever and as such is the best! I love how hilarious this is, wonderful as always Yoda.

xwingyoda: Wow! The most un-PC entry ever! This is brilliant stuff, TLC, we need these sets stat! Good mf choice too!

Yay done! Again!

Edited by Batbrick

iamded: I really like that entry of yours so I hope you can rework it. You could have an animal there instead of the skeleton....

Oh darn. Well, I'm going out tonight (after I post this actually), and won't be back to my bricks until tomorrow midday. So like 10.00 Australian time. I could quickly modify it then, but if I'm too late it's fine to remove it from the contest. I don't want to hold up the whole contest just for one entry. :-$

~Peace

Stealth hunter: You have two entries in City and Space. I will pick one at random and delete the other unless you rectify this yourself....

I decided to delete the city entry, cause I like the hoverbike better.

Is there still a chance to post an entry for castle?

I decided to delete the city entry, cause I like the hoverbike better.

Is there still a chance to post an entry for castle?

Yes. (I would have picked the bike too!)

History, Adventure and Pirates

22 entries.

legolyons.jpg

Hi

Sorry to be a pain but thats not the main pic for my entry, this one is.

2333971315_971dd972ed.jpg\

The one you used is a drunken mess.

:'-)