LM71Blackbird

[COR-FB-Class 7 Ship] Quinnsville Shipyard Contract

Legostone's Class 7 ship

40482533312_0c092be418_b.jpgLS Ship 4 by LM71Blackbird, on Flickr

After the most recent shipping activity that damaged and claimed several ships to depths of the Brick Seas, the Monezterrell shipyards have become overloaded with work. The shipwright's there have been busily repairing vessels that were either recently acquired or had been damaged during their latest trade run and work on large unfinished vessels like this one had to be moved elsewhere for completion. To assist with the overflow, the newly built Quinnsville shipyard offered to finish this large vessel for a small fee. It's completion was achieved and was now ready for pickup.

39814751824_99634136e4_c.jpgLS Ship 5 by LM71Blackbird, on Flickr

25640656097_e03f6a0a9a_c.jpgLS Ship 2 by LM71Blackbird, on Flickr

First off, thanks too @Legostone for letting me finish his WIP LDD ship. It was pretty fun to do. Right now she sits at about a little over 6k pieces (yes, LDD did crash a few times! :distressed:). She's got two decks, and around 32 guns.

For those interested, the Quinnsville shipyards are working at low capacity at the moment, so if anybody needs ships finished or built (in LDD), the shipyard is excepting more contracts. If there is enough people who may want to hire the uses of my shipyard, just let me know. I will adjust the Quinnsville Shipyard thread accordingly to accommodate for those business dealings and include prices, limitations, etc. 

Thanks for checking out this build. C&C are welcome and appreciated!

Good work on the brick build stern and the increasing tumble home is excellent! 

But not to be nitpicking but isn't this a single deck vessel? thought the half/quarterdeck and forecastle deck didn't count in deck numbers.

And what part is it that you used to connect the jibboom to the bowsprit ?

Thanks for finishing my vessel! Great to see some sails on it and a full out crew and some extra details :D Have I already sent payment? Now to see what I use this vessel for...

@Bartthis part?

A very nice vessel! I especially like the stern (especially the non-protruding captain's cabin; a fairly lifelike feature), the sails and the colors

6 hours ago, Bart said:

Good work on the brick build stern and the increasing tumble home is excellent! 

But not to be nitpicking but isn't this a single deck vessel? thought the half/quarterdeck and forecastle deck didn't count in deck numbers.

And what part is it that you used to connect the jibboom to the bowsprit ?

Thank you! I wish I could take credit for it all, but I just had my hand in the masts, rigging and some detail work. The hull design credit goes to Legostone.

As for the deck numbers, I have no clue... that would be a question for more experienced ship builders...

3 hours ago, Legostone said:

Thanks for finishing my vessel! Great to see some sails on it and a full out crew and some extra details :D Have I already sent payment? Now to see what I use this vessel for...

@Bartthis part?

Your very welcome! Yes, if I remember correctly I did receive payment. :thumbup: 

2 hours ago, blackdeathgr said:

A very nice vessel! I especially like the stern (especially the non-protruding captain's cabin; a fairly lifelike feature), the sails and the colors

The stern was Legostone's, I merely added more details and colors and rounded the stern walls.

Gorgeous!  Lovely ship, Blackbird, and some awesome sails there!  The ship's curves and overall color-scheme are excellent too - you've really finished this WIP off nicely! :pir-sweet:

2 hours ago, Garmadon said:

Gorgeous!  Lovely ship, Blackbird, and some awesome sails there!  The ship's curves and overall color-scheme are excellent too - you've really finished this WIP off nicely! :pir-sweet:

Thank you!

That's a nice looking frigate, with lots of nice details. I also think it should be a single deck ship, and class 7 is somewhat overrated, isn't it?

22 minutes ago, Bodi said:

That's a nice looking frigate, with lots of nice details. I also think it should be a single deck ship, and class 7 is somewhat overrated, isn't it?

Its based on a 6 midsection prefab, though the lower part has been removed. In-line with the suggested number of midsections we have by now :thumbup:

46 minutes ago, Legostone said:

Its based on a 6 midsection prefab, though the lower part has been removed. In-line with the suggested number of midsections we have by now :thumbup:

I see, this makes sense.:classic: