Sign in to follow this  
Commander Beltar

[Ep. XVII][Empire][Week 10] Retaliation

Movements: We would like to down 1, then left 2 to collect the bonus on O19, then continue down to R19, with the preference being down and left.

(Since I didn’t exactly feel like making an even more pic heavy build with a lot of dialogue and what not, here’s a bit longer of an intro describing what has happened.)

Beltar and his squad have been moving across the surface of Endor for days now, through forest, rock, river, and a lot of mud. Over the past couple days, the squad has been the target of several attacks led by the Native Ewok’s who are hunting and leading the Rebels to their location. Two days ago, they made it into the night camp and silenced TK-9162, they awoke at the sound of the Native’s knife finishing the deed. The next day, they were ambushed while beginning their journey through the plains of Endor, killing their commanding officer: Colonel Oppenheimer with an arrow and blaster to the chest. Today, there was no surprise attack, there was no cover in these plains save for a few groves of some dark type of bamboo and sparse trees for a sneak account to have worked successfully. This time Beltar’s squad took the fight to them, or at least TK-1702 did. An arrow whizzed by them and hit the Acting-Colonel in the arm, and the singular Rebel beside the Native took a potshot which hit the Acting-Colonel in the head, what a load of luck he struck. Beltar ducked behind the slight ditch in the ground to help Acting-Colonel Faist with his Med’ supplies. TK-1702 took it upon himself, and in a moment of pure adrenaline, dropped his load of blasters and gear and drew his knife and sprinted at the attackers, he dodged the Native’s spear and the knife found its way right into the creatures face. He then rushed over to the Rebel, and killed him with a bit of a struggle. It seemed like he had rehearsed this event in his dreams, perhaps the last time he was on Endor he had a really bad experience, more than he cared to admit, and coming back to Endor must have triggered something.  After patching up acting-colonel Faist, he demanded that we take a rest before moving. TK-1702 kept pacing around the bodies he killed, still eyeing the surrounding brush for anything that moved, he had already killed a squirrel after diving into a bush, as his paranoia hit a new level. Beltar and TK-9873 took a perimeter walk and where just returning to the location where the skirmish had just taken place.

40071369261_99e4664f30_c.jpg

Beltar: We’re back hotshot, you good now?

TK-1702: While you were gone, I’ve already seen movement about 5 clicks out. We need to get going.

TK-9873: We’ll be fine! It seems like you need a bit of a rest yourself.

40071368891_4ee58378af_c.jpg

TK-1702: Rest… I don’t need rest. Not when those barbarians are closing in.

Beltar: Look- I don’t know what you saw when you were setting up the shield generator before- or if this has reminded you of some-

TK-1702: They came in waves. It’s what they’re doing now. I don’t like it.

TK-9873: Alright, well ease up a bit!

40071368511_5f5f331317_c.jpg

Acting-Colonel Faist: Just, let him be. Beltar, Peterson- perimeter report?

Beltar: Nothing around within 3 clicks from what we saw. Not sure what crazy over there was talking about. But it is entirely possible there are more of them coming. But I am not sure why they would direct so much attention at us, when the have bigger fish to fry.

Acting-Colonel Faist: Yes, especially with that shield generator. Whoever failed to log Endor’s map in the Consolation’s database, and in the other Imperial Destroyers should be punished severely. At least the enemy doesn’t know where to look as well…. I’d reckon I have a few ideas where to look though. Anything else?

TK-9873: We may be able to meet up with reinforcements if we get moving. I’ve picked up on comm chatter that there maybe be something around sector O19. I recommend we move there as soon as possible.

40071368141_a9e2ec1dc4_c.jpg

Acting-Colonel Faist: Alright then, let’s get moving if we have that kind of window available.

Beltar: With all due respect sir, you need rest. Give it a couple hours before we get moving.

40071367831_9e51b06b2f_c.jpg

Acting-Colonel Faist: Fine. In 2 hours we move.

40071367371_f84e6b2dbd_c.jpg

Beltar: That’s fine by me. All we need to do now is round this gear up and get that lunatic to move.

TK-9873: I’ll get the gear, well some of it. We can probably ditch some of it. Maybe make a makeshift crutch or something with one of the blasters for the Colonel.

Acting-Colonel Faist: No no, I’ll be quite alright walking.

40071366981_fa20e86420_c.jpg

Beltar: Alright. Well, we might as well enjoy these couple hours of rest.

Beltar looked up to the stars where the Death Star II sat, he could almost see the explosions of the fighters on both sides becoming pulverized to ashes and dust, and the capital ships fire leaving burn marks on hulls. He was surprised the Empire didn’t divert more forces to Endor, twenty-five thousand destroyers and they only brought a couple dozen destroyers and light cruisers plus a Super, but he was informed there would be a ‘special show’ sometime in the battle. He had no idea what that meant. Beltar hoped that Alyin and the dozen or so other pilots he knew where having better luck and more fun than he was having down here on this mud-ball.

====

Spoiler

I forgot to add all the extra photos here, I'll do that later..

40071366681_43ec19b104_c.jpg

40071369701_efdb61ea18_c.jpg

40071365651_ce50da1629_c.jpg

^this photo was taken hours after at night since I forgot to take one without figs thus the terrible lighting... 

Well that’s it for this weeks build, hopefully you enjoyed! It was quite nice to write a lot of text, haven’t done that in a while, hopefully it was effective at getting the point across. I took a little bit of liberty of making the plains biome very lush, as even though we saw the dry planes in the Ewok movies, I’d like to think the entire planet is practically green (save for the deserts). Oh yeah- still a lot of terrain. I’d like to try something like Gubi’s build two weeks ago which a whole lotta mixtures between bricks and plates and tiles, but that is a whole new level of terrain, and I have no idea where to begin with that with my poorly sorted parts- oh well. Oh, and sorry for the wonky lighting which changed a couple times. (my bad!) Anyways, thanks for reading, C & C welcome!

~Beltar

Edited by BEAVeR
Made the topic title conform the episode rules