Waterbrick Down

Heroica RPG - Quest #159: An Unexpected Return - Hovels

On 10-4-2018 at 3:57 AM, Zepher said:

"I don't want to leave the gardens until we have a better idea of what the Hel crawled into Eubric, and how much of a hold it's got on the place. Lady Luck might have been a lovely distraction, but those flowers weren't natural." Boomingham hands the bouquet to Petaldan. "Eric, if Lady Luck catches up with us, you take the rest of the party and find the others. I'll stick around and have a word with her. Before anyone goes complaining about the plan, it's not a pointless sacrifice. I'm not looking to get killed, just arrested." Boomingham smirks. "There's quite a few Veterans I think it'd be worthwhile to have a word with, and there might be a friend or two of our's spending some time on this newly minted Fort Freedom or whatever they're calling it. Of course, getting captured isn't plan number one, so let's keep moving." Boomingham leads the party, quickly, to the Silverlight Grove.

"She was lovely, yes", Eric chimed in. He clicked his tongue at Boomingham's plan. "We're stronger if we stay together, but if it comes to that scenario I'll be sure to follow your advice and save my own skin first", he grinned.

On 13-4-2018 at 5:54 AM, Waterbrick Down said:

As Germ brushes away some of the Ivy he finds the outline of a door leading into the garden. As the black knight runs his hand over the border, the door glows slightly and a reflection of Germ appears.

Boomingham ducks around to the front of the villa and finds the door locked with no lights showing through the windows.

"That's an odd gate. Still, it can be that difficult to figure out if a novice arbomancer found out before. What if we try a reverse motion? Instead of trying to open the door, you pretend as if you're closing it?", Eric raised his shoulders.

9 hours ago, samurai-turtle said:

What sort of dumb magic is this? I push inward, he pushes outward. I pull outwards, he pulls inward. If I run way he will do the same. If I...that is when Germ just turned around and leaned back on the image. That is when Germ's back reminded him is was still sore, as he maded an audible noise. 

Germ's reflection turns around and leans back against the door as well..

7 hours ago, Khorne said:

"That's an odd gate. Still, it can be that difficult to figure out if a novice arbomancer found out before. What if we try a reverse motion? Instead of trying to open the door, you pretend as if you're closing it?", Eric raised his shoulders.

Should I pretend to lock it too? Well I am running out of ideas...

Then mimicking slamming a door and then locking it to boot. And just for add measure pointed at the "image" stateing "Stay in their then" along with a few curse words. 

"Maybe if we try to break it down, he will as well..."

56 minutes ago, samurai-turtle said:

Should I pretend to lock it too? Well I am running out of ideas...

Then mimicking slamming a door and then locking it to boot. And just for add measure pointed at the "image" stateing "Stay in their then" along with a few curse words. 

Germ's reflection mimics him exactly, pointing at him and mouthing the same words.

Elphaba steps forward and examines the door.
25404690297_36491a070f_t.jpg
"This looks like one of those Gentlemen Doors I've heard about. No idea how it opens though."

3 hours ago, Palathadric said:

"Maybe if we try to break it down, he will as well..."

...maybe, I will call that plan "I had enough this and it is getting destroyed". The only other way I know of to open a door is to slide it open...

Then tries to slide it to left then to the right next is up and then finally down. 

2 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

Elphaba steps forward and examines the door.

"This looks like one of those Gentlemen Doors I've heard about. No idea how it opens though."

A what now? 

Could the unlock mechanism be in another part of the gardens? 

Just now, samurai-turtle said:

...maybe, I will call that plan "I had enough this and it is getting destroyed". The only other way I know of to open a door is to slide it open...

Then tries to slide it to left then to the right next is up and then finally down. 

The door does not seem to slide from side to side, but only inward or outward.

Just now, samurai-turtle said:

A what now? 

Could the unlock mechanism be in another part of the gardens? 

"A Gentlemen Door. If the unlocking mechanism was in another part of the garden, that would make it quite difficult for someone inside to get out wouldn't it?"

1 hour ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"A Gentlemen Door. If the unlocking mechanism was in another part of the garden, that would make it quite difficult for someone inside to get out wouldn't it?"

A Gentleman Door? What the "Hasbro" is that? I never heard of it...It could be a one way door. 

On 2018-04-15 at 6:00 AM, samurai-turtle said:

A Gentleman Door? What the "Hasbro" is that? I never heard of it...It could be a one way door. 

"I've heard of doors referred to as Gentleman doors, they are often enhanced either by mechanic features or by magic. Don't know what good that knowledge is for us in this situation though..."

Boomingham approaches the door, his forehead prickling with agitation. Surely Lady Luck will be upon them soon, and everything in his body tells him to smash the damn thing but he does his best to resist his instincts. Instead he scrutinizes his reflection. What a good looking fellow, even if there’s a bit of flab in the stomach region he is sure the mirror is adding to agitate him further. He pokes his own stomach. 

“Would you mind terribly opening the door?” he asks his reflection.

5 hours ago, Zepher said:

Boomingham approaches the door, his forehead prickling with agitation. Surely Lady Luck will be upon them soon, and everything in his body tells him to smash the damn thing but he does his best to resist his instincts. Instead he scrutinizes his reflection. What a good looking fellow, even if there’s a bit of flab in the stomach region he is sure the mirror is adding to agitate him further. He pokes his own stomach. 

“Would you mind terribly opening the door?” he asks his reflection.

Elphaba looks at Boomingham incredulously, rolling her eyes. “Such a gentleman.”

Boomingham blows a raspberry at Elphaba. Should have never let a witch come along. "Least I had an idea. Lot of good knowing the name of the damned gate does us." Boomingham scratches his head, thoroughly out of ideas. "You think we need to hold it open for someone else? There's only so many ways doors operate. You pull on it, in which case they're pulling on it as well, or you push it, in which... they push on it as well." Boomingham scratches his head again and realizes he's picking a scab, drawing blood. He licks his fingers and dries to rub away the bleeding. "Maybe we hold a mirror up to it? Does anyone have a mirror?"

3 hours ago, Zepher said:

Boomingham blows a raspberry at Elphaba. Should have never let a witch come along. "Least I had an idea. Lot of good knowing the name of the damned gate does us." Boomingham scratches his head, thoroughly out of ideas. "You think we need to hold it open for someone else? There's only so many ways doors operate. You pull on it, in which case they're pulling on it as well, or you push it, in which... they push on it as well." Boomingham scratches his head again and realizes he's picking a scab, drawing blood. He licks his fingers and dries to rub away the bleeding. "Maybe we hold a mirror up to it? Does anyone have a mirror?"

"Hold on for just a second or two while I try and get us a bit more information!" Ezeran scratches his chin and tries to reach out to the void channeling ether through an emerald, a ruby, an amethyst, a sapphire and a diamond respectivly to see if he could get any information about the door and if it posed any direct threat.

5 hours ago, Zepher said:

"Maybe we hold a mirror up to it? Does anyone have a mirror?"

Wouldn't be easier to cover it up with something, like mud or the original vines. 

As Ezeran started to cast his spells, Germ started to dig up some dirt to make some mud with his Shovel. 

9 hours ago, MysticModulus said:

"Hold on for just a second or two while I try and get us a bit more information!" Ezeran scratches his chin and tries to reach out to the void channeling ether through an emerald, a ruby, an amethyst, a sapphire and a diamond respectivly to see if he could get any information about the door and if it posed any direct threat.

Ezeran feels that the door poses no threat, but that the amethyst may come in handy.

7 hours ago, samurai-turtle said:

Wouldn't be easier to cover it up with something, like mud or the original vines. 

As Ezeran started to cast his spells, Germ started to dig up some dirt to make some mud with his Shovel. 

Germ digs around, but unearths nothing.

Ezeran puts all gems back in the bag except the amethyst which he graps firmly as he rapidly throws a tonic in the maws of the symbiont. He then tries to cover the door in darkness.

Edited by MysticModulus
changed action

“Cover the door in darkness so it can’t see what we’re doing,” Boomingham orders Ezeran, as if the idea had been wholly his. Once the door is covered he pushes the door in.

Torald sees the others struggling with the door. He walks to it, bowing his head to his reflection. How are you doing, good sir? After you, He gestures his reflection can pass first. Hoping this works...

8 hours ago, MysticModulus said:

Ezeran puts all gems back in the bag except the amethyst which he graps firmly as he rapidly throws a tonic in the maws of the symbiont. He then tries to cover the door in darkness.

6 hours ago, Alfadas said:

Torald sees the others struggling with the door. He walks to it, bowing his head to his reflection. How are you doing, good sir? After you, He gestures his reflection can pass first. Hoping this works...

Torald's reflection responds in kind, stepping aside and gesturing for him to come through.

34997035535_5a52b3077b_q.jpg
"No, I insist, you first."

As Torald approaches the door, his reflections stays put. The battle mage pushes the door just as Ezeran's darkness spell envelops the area in shadow, cutting all visibility but also making a reflection impossible. Inside the darkened room, the Party can see a green cloaked figure lying on the ground, covered in white vines breaking through the stone floor.

Torald's reflection responds in kind, stepping aside and gesturing for him to come through.

34997035535_5a52b3077b_q.jpg
"No, I insist, you first."

As Torald approaches the door, his reflections stays put. The battle mage pushes the door just as Ezeran's darkness spell envelops the area in shadow, cutting all visibility but also making a reflection impossible. Inside the darkened room, the Party can see a green cloaked figure lying on the ground, covered in white vines breaking through the stone floor.

Like I said dumb @$$ magic...Is that him, Wally? I guess we should get him out of that mess, who ever that might be. 

Takes his Shovel (& Pickaxe) and starts cutting the plants. 

Boomingham scowls as Torald takes what was basically his idea and does it more successfully. It's probably because he touched that damn demonic book earlier.

"Well all, let's help out the boy." Boomingham uses Scupperer to hack at the vines as well. "Looks like these bad boys did get further than we thought after all." Glancing over his shoulder he frowns deeper. "Last one in, close the door. We've got an angry lady on our tail."

3 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

Ezeran closes his eyes as his body is trembling for an instant. "Waldorf??"

The party works to loosen the missing arbomancer, Waldorf, from the vines. The mage groans.

40584512162_806dd257b3_t.jpg
"Ugg, my head hurts. What happened? I was having the sweetest of dreams, Annabelle and I were on our honeymoon and... and... where am I? Ezeran, Torald? What are you doing here?"

The party works to loosen the missing arbomancer, Waldorf, from the vines. The mage groans.

40584512162_806dd257b3_t.jpg
"stupid dead sheep shoes, my head hurts. What happened? I was having the sweetest of dreams, Annabelle and I were on our honeymoon and... and... where am I? Ezeran, Torald? What are you doing here?"

Ezeran let out a sigh of relief and the symbiont smiles. "Thank the realms that you are alive, you hade us worried there. Well, it's a long story but to sum it up: the veterans are back and we suspect a demonic infestation that will make the threat of the Triffid look like a picnic with zombie kids in comparison. What do you remember before everything obviously went black for you?"