Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2018 - Set Discussion

37 minutes ago, Aegis2000 said:

DC is only getting two (plus the RC Batmobile). And DC only got two summer sets in 2016. It’s not unheard of.

I guess, but I find it a bit strange after Marvel had 5 in 2016 and 4 in 2017. I wonder when we’ll get comic sets again now that we’re seeing 3 MCU movies every year. 

3 hours ago, AmericaLego said:

While viewing the catalogue and specifically the Infinity War sets, I noticed that underneath some of the sets the words “salida December 31, 2018”. This translates to the sets departure on December 31 of this year. I find that shocking, if true, that they would leave after 9 months.

If this translation is correct, it kind of makes sense. I doubt that they would stop production of them completely, just that they are likely to be phased out of the Lego Website.

I doubt they would want Infinity War sets around the same time as Avengers 4 sets.

1 minute ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I guess, but I find it a bit strange after Marvel had 5 in 2016 and 4 in 2017. I wonder when we’ll get comic sets again now that we’re seeing 3 MCU movies every year. 

2019 is packed with three MCU movies, two DCEU movies, two Lego movies, Star Wars 9 and a flurry of other sets.

2020 seems likely though;

• GotG3 - normally we only get three sets for the GotG movies
  • Doctor Strange 2 (Rumored) - previous Doctor Strange movie only received a single set
  • Black Widow (Rumored) - which is unlikely to get more than a single set

Seems like there would be room for other sets.

1 hour ago, Scarilian said:

If this translation is correct, it kind of makes sense. I doubt that they would stop production of them completely, just that they are likely to be phased out of the Lego Website.

I doubt they would want Infinity War sets around the same time as Avengers 4 sets.

2019 is packed with three MCU movies, two DCEU movies, two Lego movies, Star Wars 9 and a flurry of other sets.

I know 2019 has the lego movie sequel, but what is the other lego movie?

16 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Billion Brick Race, I think. 

Ah thanks, wonder what that one will be about. not a fan of when they do two a year for the fact sets for lego movies are typically pretty good

40 minutes ago, Nexogeek said:

Ah thanks, wonder what that one will be about. not a fan of when they do two a year for the fact sets for lego movies are typically pretty good

Yeah, this year was a bit overwhelming with the extreme number of high quality Batman Movie and Ninjago Movie sets. 

11 hours ago, Nexogeek said:

I know 2019 has the lego movie sequel, but what is the other lego movie?

Yeah, it's The Billion Brick Race. Though we have not heard much on that movie so we might not see it happen till 2020.

In 2019, all 3 Marvel films are coming out in one half of the year (Feb, May and July) so there could easily be summer comic-based sets

15 hours ago, Scarilian said:

2020 seems likely though;

• GotG3 - normally we only get three sets for the GotG movies
  • Doctor Strange 2 (Rumored) - previous Doctor Strange movie only received a single set
  • Black Widow (Rumored) - which is unlikely to get more than a single set

Seems like there would be room for other sets.

With the Disney purchase of Fox, I hope when the MCU Fantastic Four movie comes out we get a Baxter Building set. That would be amazing.

28 minutes ago, TurnOffTheDark said:

Will they atleast display them at some toy fair since they are coming out in the first half of 2018?

• LEGO does not have a stand at all at the London Toy Fair (23-25 Jan)
  • Severe reporting and photography restrictions will be in place at Nuremberg (31 Jan – 4 Feb)
  • LEGO will not be exhibiting the summer releases at the New York toy fair (17-20 Feb) Only products launching the first half of 2018 will be in the LEGO booth this year at Toy Fair. They will not be showing any products launching June or later.

Source

So to summarize a timeline of when to expect things

23 - 25th Jan; Toy Fair London

• No Lego on Display so we wont really see much around this time other than potential leaks

Around the end of Jan/start of Feb

• More news/details of the D2C set will appear
  • A calendar image for March will appear potentially revealing the D2C Infinity War set
  • If the D2C itself is important enough we may get a press release similar to the AoU Helicarrier (Though notably that had a VIP release which may push the reveal earlier than the Infinity War D2C)

31 - 4th Feb; Toy Fair Nuremberg

17 - 20th Feb; Toy Fair New York

• This will provide more images of the six main Infinity War sets likely from various angles in person
  • The D2C itself may be on display

Around the 14th May

• The exclusive Infinity War set will be revealed, due to spoilers it will likely not be revealed until after the movie
  • It will likely be revealed around the 14th similar to the Spider-man Civil War set
Edited by Scarilian

31 minutes ago, Scarilian said:
  • LEGO does not have a stand at all at the London Toy Fair (23-25 Jan)
  • Severe reporting and photography restrictions will be in place at Nuremberg (31 Jan – 4 Feb)
  • LEGO will not be exhibiting the summer releases at the New York toy fair (17-20 Feb) Only products launching the first half of 2018 will be in the LEGO booth this year at Toy Fair. They will not be showing any products launching June or later.

Source

So to summarize a timeline of when to expect things

23 - 25th Jan; Toy Fair London

• No Lego on Display so we wont really see much around this time other than potential leaks

Around the end of Jan/start of Feb

• More news/details of the D2C set will appear
  • A calendar image for March will appear potentially revealing the D2C Infinity War set
  • If the D2C itself is important enough we may get a press release similar to the AoU Helicarrier (Though notably that had a VIP release which may push the reveal earlier than the Infinity War D2C)

31 - 4th Feb; Toy Fair Nuremberg

17 - 20th Feb; Toy Fair New York

• This will provide more images of the six main Infinity War sets likely from various angles in person
  • The D2C itself may be on display

Around the 14th May

• The exclusive Infinity War set will be revealed, due to spoilers it will likely not be revealed until after the movie
  • It will likely be revealed around the 14th similar to the Spider-man Civil War set

Okay that's good, I was more concerned about the infinity war sets not making an appearance at NYTF, they are my most anticipated sets of the year

2 minutes ago, TurnOffTheDark said:

Okay that's good, I was more concerned about the infinity war sets not making an appearance at NYTF, they are my most anticipated sets of the year

Giving the timing of NYTF (17th-20th Feb) i dont really see any reason why they would not be there, especially if they are released barely a week or so afterwards. We already have official images leaked at the moment so Lego are likely preparing to unveil the sets officially in a press release (given if they were just for Lego's website we probably would have seen other angles of the sets revealed along with potential box art.

2 hours ago, Whovastron said:

In 2019, all 3 Marvel films are coming out in one half of the year (Feb, May and July) so there could easily be summer comic-based sets

Don’t forget the Winter 2020 wave. The first Marvel film in 2020 isn’t till May, so we’ll 100% get comic sets then.

Wow, people are speculating about 2020 :laugh: :grin:

Can I say one thing about 2018? Please :laugh:

There is one number missing between Infinity War and Summer Batman wave. It is 76109. I think it might be Ant-Man and The Wasp retailer exclusive set.

15 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Wow, people are speculating about 2020 :laugh: :grin:

Can I say one thing about 2018? Please :laugh:

There is one number missing between Infinity War and Summer Batman wave. It is 76109. I think it might be Ant-Man and The Wasp retailer exclusive set.

Or a regular set just because the number is before the summer release sets

2 hours ago, legosamsonite said:

Or a regular set just because the number is before the summer release sets

Or no set at all because Lego doesn’t use every number.

I'm not too sure why people want a Ant-Man & The Wasp set so much, other than potentially for the figures - and even then we'll get Ant-Man and Wasp either in the exclusive set, D2C OR Avengers 4 sets for certain given they are popular characters. The only thing we may miss out on if we did not get an 'Ant-Man & The Wasp' set would be the villains and potentially the original Hank Pym and Wasp.

Edited by Scarilian

1 hour ago, Scarilian said:

I'm not too sure why people want a Ant-Man & The Wasp set so much, other than potentially for the figures - and even then we'll get Ant-Man and Wasp either in the exclusive set, D2C OR Avengers 4 sets for certain given they are popular characters. The only thing we may miss out on if we did not get an 'Ant-Man & The Wasp' set would be the villains and potentially the original Hank Pym and Wasp.

I like getting a set for each movie, and I really want a Wasp figure. We don’t know how much they’re in Avengers 4 so I don’t want to rely on getting the figures from those sets. Plus I really want more MCU villains and Ghost sounds like a very interesting one who I would like to get. 

6 hours ago, Minecraft Architect said:

Don’t forget the Winter 2020 wave. The first Marvel film in 2020 isn’t till May, so we’ll 100% get comic sets then.

Actually the first film is Captain Marvel in March. So that will likely get Sets in January  

5 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

Actually the first film is Captain Marvel in March. So that will likely get Sets in January  

Captain Marvel comes out next March (2019), actually.

2 hours ago, Scarilian said:

Wasp isn't going to be in Infinity War, so she won't be in any of the sets. Ant Man's role could be... sizeable, simply a cameo, so he'll likely be out the running for an Infinity War set. So either they release a set or two in the summer to tie in to the movie, or they wait until Avengers 4

26 minutes ago, TheBrickPal said:

Captain Marvel comes out next March (2019), actually.

Oh I miss read the post I quoted, my bad