Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2018 - Set Discussion

29 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Thor have the same face printing with thunder sparks on his BOTH eyes! (atleast, on the first face print)

I'm hoping that in the second face print will have the eye patch.

Disappointing for the Thor face. The torso and hair look great (finally not the blond color for him!) but why would they just reuse the Ragnarok face??

He’s missing an eye, and they couldn’t faithfully represent that??

This is what ticks me off about Lego cutting corners. 

Edited by GoldenNinja3000

5 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Disappointing for the Thor face. The torso and hair look great (finally not the blond color for him!) but why would they just reuse the Ragnarok face??

Hide contents

ya know it's like they are on the 95% of the fig missing the 5% just to dissapoint us collectors, missing the dual molded legs, correct hair color just a minimal detail that could've done easily.

Really like teen Groot, but he really needed leg print with leaves and tree like print. Thor though look weak, torso might be right, but why does he have 2 eyes? Falcon looks the same as CW version, nothing special. Honestly as of now I'm completely disappointed in IW minifigures, very weak lineup overall. 

22 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Hide contents

In fairness, the eye patch was added in post production, so it's possible they didn't even know he would have it.

I will also say that just because he begins the movie with an eye patch doesn't mean he ends it with one. So, who knows, it could still turn out to be accurate to some part of the movie.

Just now, SirRicco said:

LEGO Probably based the the Figure on this Concept Art. 

That’s for sure what they based the figure off of. This design was probably given to Lego 2 years ago and was finished before a certain detail could be added

I haven’t had a problem with the rest of the minifigures, for the most part. But no eyepatch? I don’t want to believe it’s a fault of concept art, as it’s a plot point in a fil prior to a Infinity War. That’s upsetting, I was looking forward to it.

I thought to at least purchase 1-2 sets for figures and parts... but even Lego City figures seem to have more going on these days..

- no dual molded legs for Spidey
- only a few figures actually have leg printing: 1 villain, Iron Men, Spidey, Strange (who should have dual molded legs), BW
- Black Panther, Falcon, some villains and now Thor look just odd without any leg print. The pattern just cuts off
- Im sure it ain't TLG's fault, but reused face for Thor...

Lego has to cut the budget and the Super Heroes theme was never really strong with leg printing - still, it's alarming how quality decreases..

Just now, Aegis2000 said:

I haven’t had a problem with the rest of the minifigures, for the most part. But no eyepatch? I don’t want to believe it’s a fault of concept art, as it’s a plot point in a fil prior to a Infinity War. That’s upsetting, I was looking forward to it.

Imagine, they had to make a final concept, before beginning to mass produce at least about a few months ago. Probably Much longer. Since Marvel kept the mutilation a secret, there's no way they could have known this early. But yeah, whatever  the reason Im dissapointed too.

We're now just missing Black Panther, Shuri, Starlord, Gamora, Rocket, Peter Parker, Bruce Banner and Vision

Alot from those characters could be re-used of existing designs. I have a mix emotions for this wave, 

Set description proving that those character who aren't mentioned is not in the sets I guess, but who knows..

Just now, SpiderJazz said:

We're now just missing Black Panther, Shuri, Starlord, Gamora, Rocket, Peter Parker, Bruce Banner and Vision

Alot from those characters could be re-used of existing designs. I have a mix emotions for this wave, 

Set description proving that those character who aren't mentioned is not in the sets I guess, but who knows..

We have already seen Bruce banner, he is the same one as the ragnorock figure 

Just now, Falconfan1414 said:

We have already seen Bruce banner, he is the same one as the ragnorock figure 

are we sure that's the minifig from IW? I mean yes I saw that fig but there's alot of old fig in that picture too, and did someone confirmed that it will be the same? 

Just now, SpiderJazz said:

are we sure that's the minifig from IW? I mean yes I saw that fig but there's alot of old fig in that picture too, and did someone confirmed that it will be the same? 

Lego took the figure down that Mario power posted so I guess you can say it is real

2 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

And Scarlet Witch!

Yea Marvel didn't let anyone know about the eyepatch until after Thor Ragnarok so they couldn't know. I'm okay with that, but what I'm not okay with is all these bland figures.. A few minor characters is fine imo but giving the 'main' cast no leg printing, no arm printing and very meh torso prints for most of them. 

I will get the Groot figure just so that I have it, but I really hope we get a set like the Spider-Man Bridge Battle to make up for all this mediocre things.. Although I know better :(

Shuri leaked. Can’t tell if it’s a new hairpiece or the Leslie Jones Ghostbusters one. Her outfit looks cool (different to what she wears in Black Panther). I hope she has her panther gauntlets as weapons but I doubt it. New face print though, that’s amazing!

Just now, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Shuri leaked. Can’t tell if it’s a new hairpiece or the Leslie Jones Ghostbusters one. Her outfit looks cool (different to what she wears in Black Panther). I hope she has her panther gauntlets as weapons but I doubt it. New face print though, that’s amazing!

It’s the Leslie jones hair piece. I double checked 

I guess I like Shuri, though I’ll admit I’d rather have her Black panther variabr (with gauntlets, shown in the trailer, that outfit). We may yet get Gauntlet accessories for her, but I think she looks alright. And she’s good to get.

Edited by Aegis2000

Just now, Aegis2000 said:

I guess I like Shiri, though I’ll admit I’d rather have her Black panther variabr (with gauntlets, shown in the trailer, that outfit). We may yet get Gauntlet accessories for her, but I think she looks alright. And she’s good to get.

I like the color of her torso. The Leslie Jones piece works very well and looks pretty good, the only issue is that’s it has a little too much volume for Shuri. Maybe Nakia’s torso could be used for a purist custom warrior version? 

1 hour ago, SpiderJazz said:

I think we've already seen Vision. I saw a really blurred image of him with a more angry expression on a BrickLite Studios YouTube video. I'm not sure how reliable it is though

26 minutes ago, RealGeronimo11 said:

I think we've already seen Vision. I saw a really blurred image of him with a more angry expression on a BrickLite Studios YouTube video. I'm not sure how reliable it is though

Though fitting, that expression was unfortunately a custom. We have yet to see the official variant.

How would you rate the leaked minifigures? 

Here are my thoughts:

Iron man (New torso variant): 5/10

Iron man (HUD face, new torso, and new legs): 9/10

Spider-Man: 7/10

Doctor strange: 7/10

Captain America: 7/10

Black Widow: 8/10

Thanos: 6/10

Corvus glaive: 6/10

Ebony maw: 8/10

Proxima midnigh: 8/10

Outrider: 6/10

Teen groot: 9/10

Thor: 8/10

Falcon: 7/10

Shuri: 7/10

Note, I base it off if they have lack of printing, wrong hair pieces, and inaccuracies.

Also that infinity gauntlet is perfect except it has four stones on the front instead of five... So close Lego, it's a great mold but not with that inaccuracy.

3 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

And Scarlet Witch!

Scarlet Witch wasn't mentioned in any of these set descriptions, am I right? Did I miss something?

2 hours ago, RealGeronimo11 said:

That's fake, I saw it.

42 minutes ago, Amazing Bricks said:

How would you rate the leaked minifigures? 

Here are my thoughts:

Iron man (New torso variant): 5/10

Iron man (HUD face, new torso, and new legs): 9/10

Spider-Man: 7/10

Doctor strange: 7/10

Captain America: 7/10

Thanos: 6/10

Proxima midnigh: 8/10

Outrider: 6/10

Falcon: 7/10

Note, I base it off if they have lack of printing, wrong hair pieces, and inaccuracies.

Also that infinity gauntlet is perfect except it has four stones on the front instead of five... So close Lego, it's a great mold but not with that inaccuracy.

Iron man (New torso variant): 7/10

Iron man (HUD face, new torso, and new legs): 10/10

Spider-Man: 8/10

Doctor strange: 9/10

Captain America: 8/10

Thanos: 7/10

Proxima midnigh: 9/10

Outrider: 7/10

Falcon: 6/10

My thoughts.. What more can you ask for? With the new Ironman possibly mk48 it's the most detailed fig ever minus the Centurion. it even has an eye printing like mk17 (heart breaker)

2 hours ago, Aegis2000 said:

Though fitting, that expression was unfortunately a custom. We have yet to see the official variant.

Ah, I did think it was weird

Just a heads up, on Amazon US, the Rhino Attack set from the Black Panther is already on sale for $15.99 and it’s not even out yet.