Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2018 - Set Discussion

WHOA! I just saw a new promo up on agoodfella’s Instagram page. Spend $250 (just about the entire wave) and receive an Iron Man mosaic! Is this just an in-store promo? It’s incredible!

20 minutes ago, Aegis2000 said:

WHOA! I just saw a new promo up on agoodfella’s Instagram page. Spend $250 (just about the entire wave) and receive an Iron Man mosaic! Is this just an in-store promo? It’s incredible!

I saw that, but I think it could be a promotion just for that store if nothing has been announced online. I’ll ask about it at my store tomorrow and see what they say but I’m not expecting to get it. 

11 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I saw that, but I think it could be a promotion just for that store if nothing has been announced online. I’ll ask about it at my store tomorrow and see what they say but I’m not expecting to get it. 

Agreed. I threw three Sanctums into the Shop@Home cart to reach the $250 threshold and no  mosaic promo appeared. 

Just checked out the S@H page. Got a strange, cliched, surreal feeling that all of this is already finally happening. What a time to be alive!!! :excited:

18 minutes ago, Winkerbean said:

I've just picked up 3 of Thanos sets from Argos 

Screenshot_20180303-100306.png

If I was to order the Thanos set to deliver at home, what are the chances of me actually getting it versus the Thor set?

2 hours ago, LegoFan117 said:

If I was to order the Thanos set to deliver at home, what are the chances of me actually getting it versus the Thor set?

I ordered Thanos Ultimate Battle an hour or so ago from Argos at £19.99. When I clicked it was immediate pickup and then they changed it to pick up next Saturday from my local Argos. I got the confirmation email but I will be surprised if they honour a £50 reduction. The local store was still showing one available so I started driving. It sold out on the way and then quickly sold out at all the other nearby stores one at a time. Not sure if it really sold out though.. or if they just realised their mistake.

You can still find it on the Argos website by typing Lego Thanos if anyone can get another retailer to price match by looking at a live website screen.

Edited by mattbazza

2 minutes ago, mattbazza said:

I ordered Thanos Ultimate Battle an hour or so ago from Argos at £19.99. When I clicked it was immediate pickup and then they changed it to pick up next Saturday from my local Argos. I got the confirmation email but I will be surprised if they honour a £50 reduction. The local store was still showing one available so I started driving. It sold out on the way and then quickly sold out at all the other nearby stores one at a time. Not sure if it really sold out though.. or if they just realised their mistake.

You can still find it on the Argos website by typing Lego Thanos if anyone can get another retailer to price match by looking at a live website screen.

I've placed the order, but I haven't received a confirmation...

Reserved the Thanos set at Argos in Leeds, went to collect and they brought out Thor set. I asked if they had the correct item in stock (anticipating being asked to pay the additional £50, which I would have done since I wanted the set anyway) and to my surprise the assistant went into the back, and came out with the Thanos set and let me walk off with it at the £19.99. 

35 minutes ago, Kevii23 said:
 I also came across this comparison:

Could someone do this with the newer milano?

Edited by LuxorV
Please do not quote images from the same page, and especially the post above yours. Thank you.

https://candidbricks.com/2018/03/02/lego-avengers-universe-event-prepare-infinity-war/

Store only promotion for '
Suntec City East Wing Singapore '

5 hours ago, Winkerbean said:

-Snip-

5 hours ago, LegoFan117 said:

-Snip-

2 hours ago, mattbazza said:

-Snip-

-Snip-

Unfortunately the order number is for Thor's Weapon Quest. They have cancelled a majority of the orders made and are giving people a 10% discount off next order. If you try to get the set in person then they will hand over the Thor's Weapon Quest. It may be possible for you to have a scenario like JaHawk2009 where you get the Thanos Ultimate Battle set, but it's unlikely and up to the store managers discretion. They are aware of the glitch so are in the process of fixing it, so unfortunately chances are your orders will be cancelled.

Edited by Scarilian

I've placed the order, but I haven't received a confirmation...

I couldn't even order it. I saw it earlier, but I think it's too late and they noticed. They also listed the Thor set at the Milano set price, in case people were wondering what happened.

ALSO: if you'e in the UK and missed out on the TRU Civil War set, it' now availale at The Entertainer and other places.

I got a cancellation text and subsequent email saying 10% off next order. Unfortunately too late with this one.

I might have been OK if I had checked this thread while parked at Tesco just around the corner from Argos but I drove home 6 miles first. I had planned to have exactly the same conversation that JaHawk2009 had.

Maybe the 10% offer will come in handy sometime.

Long time lurker - came here to say I was successful with the Argos mistake!

- Website would not allow me to add to basket 'item unavailable'

- iOS Argos App displayed set with £19.99 price but said unable to check stock for collection or delivery

- Chanced it and drove to local store, in-store computer said they had 1 in stock (for £19.99)

- Took ticket to counter and purchased, as expected Thor's Weapon Quest was sent down instead.

- Disputed it saying it's the wrong set, they found it but initially said I couldn't have it (offered refund).  

- After speaking to the manager for a while the employee returned and said they wouldn't be doing this from now on,
and that they've flagged the error to head office, but as a goodwill gesture they would honour the purchase and allow me
to walk away with their only 76107! 

Edited by thecallumread
spelling

Just bought every Infinity War set. I came in 10 minutes after opening and almost all the regular Hulkbusters were gone and they only had 3 of the Ultimate Battle set left after I bought mine. No teen Groot keychain, sadly, and no Iron Man mosaic. I have no clue what’s happening with the keychain, I’m disappointed that I didn’t get it. 

Just ordered the Milano from Argos. The price was £19.99, but they don't have any in stock. I'll get it later on in the week. Hopefully it won't be more expensive when I go to get it then.

Edited by ood0
They cancelled the order

55 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

https://candidbricks.com/2018/03/02/lego-avengers-universe-event-prepare-infinity-war/

Store only promotion for '
Suntec City East Wing Singapore '

Unfortunately the order number is for Thor's Weapon Quest. They have cancelled a majority of the orders made and are giving people a 10% discount off next order. If you try to get the set in person then they will hand over the Thor's Weapon Quest. It may be possible for you to have a scenario like JaHawk2009 where you get the Thanos Ultimate Battle set, but it's unlikely and up to the store managers discretion. They are aware of the glitch so are in the process of fixing it, so unfortunately chances are your orders will be cancelled.

Thanks for making me aware mate - really appreciate it.

5 minutes ago, ItamatTheGreat said:

What do you mean? The mech? How?

Using the Mighty Micros one

17 minutes ago, Hulk_Smash said:

Gotta say, the Hulkbuster wearing the Infinity Gauntlet looks pretty good.

How can Hulbuster wear Infinity Gauntlet?