Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2018 - Set Discussion

7 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Oh yeah? I'd certainly like to see your take on it. I'm thinking of installing a large staircase on the ground floor that attaches via the Technic pin holes on the second floor and can be removed in order to get at the pizzeria on the other side (since I'm putting it in my city on a corner).

My city uses a lot a facade buildings since i like being able to display figures in side so im going to actually divide the building by removing the turn pin pieces and make 2 seperate buildings to put in different areas, but i will be looking for ways to change the interior, i want to take out the trap door and move his desk up there then turn the second level into another apartment

Aquaman sets were not in leaked catalog, but we know for sure we are getting them. So probably there are Ant-Man and The Wasp set or sets, we just don't know about them.

7 hours ago, legosamsonite said:

My city uses a lot a facade buildings since i like being able to display figures in side so im going to actually divide the building by removing the turn pin pieces and make 2 seperate buildings to put in different areas, but i will be looking for ways to change the interior, i want to take out the trap door and move his desk up there then turn the second level into another apartment

I would love to modify the Sanctum and create a full building, but I love the idea of the corner buildings and the playable interiors so I most likely won’t get around to it. 

18 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I would love to modify the Sanctum and create a full building, but I love the idea of the corner buildings and the playable interiors so I most likely won’t get around to it. 

Oh i meant 2 seperate open back buildings so i can easily display figures inside

50 minutes ago, legosamsonite said:

Oh i meant 2 seperate open back buildings so i can easily display figures inside

Yeah, I know, I just quoted you because we were both thinking of ways to change the Sanctum. I might also separate it, that’s not a bad idea. 

1 hour ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Sets are up on Walmart’s website, apparently. I don’t know if they’re available to purchase/preorder, though. 

I just checked and didn’t see them. They’re definitely street-dated in some stores, unfortunately. 

So I’ve had some of the sets a few days now, here’s a little review:

Outrider Dropship Attack -

the minigures are quite good, the outriders are better than most of the one-off armies, but the sub-Ultrons are my favourite. But then having 6 arms is just silly, why not use the Garmadon mould? Would have worked perfectly. Cap’s hair is too light and widows torso should have been black with sand green printing, and she should have white hair. Apart from that the minifigs are good. The dropship has some great pieces and colours, and is a nice small scale recreation of the on-screen vehicle, would work great in a Wakanda diorama, even if the scale is off. Oh, and cap’s “shield” works fine to me.

overall a nice little battle pack, however having just Cap and 3 outriders would have been better.

Thor’s Weapon Quest:

Groot is a good minifig, although I hope this rumoured polybag is real, because the bored teen expression doesn’t really work for an adult Groot Minifigure, there should be leg printing and some more shades of brown in the print, so unfortunately this comes across a bit plain. Rocket is good, but just a repeat, his weapon is inexcusably lazy. Thor is good but again just plain, the solid black just looks boring compared to all his previous colourful iterations. His weapons is great though, a good size and doesn’t stand out as brick-built.

the ship is alright, probably looks better when with the Gurdian’s ship. The colours and pieces are great, lots of useful parts. The little forge thing is meh, pretty rubbish, but all the power blast pieces are great.

Hulkbuster Smash-Up:

the minigures are a mixed bag. Bruce’s repeat is another inexcusable bout of laziness. Falcon has some improvements which are welcome, but still feels lacking. The wings work better in person than they look, although the previous mould was good enough I think. Proxima Midnight is great from the top to her waist, then some more plain black leg laziness. The outrider ive already mentioned but it’s nice to get another.

I hated the Age of Ultron Hulkbuster; it looked like bad out of scale Duplo. This is still out of scale, but damn is it actually well designed this time. Every weird detail is actually accurate upon inspection of promo ar (such as the grey joint pieces sticking out from the legs, they are the knee joints on the actual armour). The stickers and placement of colours are all accurate and everything is pretty perfect. My only criticism is the shoulders are a bit small and out of place compared to the rest, and the torso could easily be reduced by a bricks height. Apart from that I was pleasantly surprised with this, the set that was at the bottom of my purchase list. 

The Wakandan weapon (the style is the same as the Talon fighter so I’m gonna say this is Wakandan) is fine and better than the Veronica cage thing in the last set.

out of these 3 sets is reccomend the Hulkbuster the most, the dropship is worth the £12 if you’ve got it spare. But the weapon quest is only worth it if you don’t wanna buy Thor and Groot separately, and if you wanna connect the ship to the Guardian’s ship desperately 

I have a question. Do we know when the infinity war BrickHeadz are being released? I doubt March 3rd right? I may be mistaken but I don’t think we got an official release date for them. 

5 minutes ago, Invincible_LEGOMAN said:

I have a question. Do we know when the infinity war BrickHeadz are being released? I doubt March 3rd right? I may be mistaken but I don’t think we got an official release date for them. 

I don’t think we do; they haven’t even been officially revealed yet. The Brickheadz for The Last Jedi and Justice League all came out after their respective films released.

2 hours ago, Whovastron said:

But then having 6 arms is just silly, why not use the Garmadon mould? 

Nope, awful idea. Would make them way too tall. Literally all you have to do to make the Outrider accurate is take off 2 of the arms.

Just a helpful tip to anyone not going the route of buying the sets via Shop@Home. Although they are not on Walmart.com as of right now, they are in the database at roughly 20% off.

Purchasing them ASAP Saturday morning (or any time this week if they’re available) would save you more money than VIP points would allot to you. 

Edited by Aegis2000

25 minutes ago, Aegis2000 said:

Just a helpful tip to anyone not going the route of buying the sets via Shop@Home. Although they are not on Walmart.com as of right now, they are in the database at roughly 20% off.

Purchasing them ASAP Saturday morning (or any time this week if they’re available) would save you more money than VIP points would allot to you. 

Tempting, but I think I’m going to buy them at the Lego Store. I’ve never bought a wave all at once before or used a large amount of VIP points and if I’m using VIP points to get the Hulkbuster I’ll just get everything there. 

4 hours ago, Invincible_LEGOMAN said:

April.

April 1st.

I think Lego just designed a new part for Iron Spider and the Four-winged Iron Man suit and then decided to use it for the Outriders. Chances are they already have plans to re-use the piece in other sets, for a Doctor Octopus perhaps? Either way, chances are Lego was given concept art for the Outriders that may have had them with six arms instead of four OR the images were of a quality where it was difficult to tell OR they felt the new piece they designed looked odd without the lower two arms attached and just decided to include extra arms.

Have we got any chance of seeing a review of the Hulkbuster; Ultron Edition prior to release? Given it's flaws and D2C nature i understand it is unlikely, but interested to see the general consensus on this set and perhaps a review would help ease my decision to get it xD

Edited by Scarilian

3 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Does anyone know when will the promotions for March 3rd be announced? 

I received a Lego Shop@Home email for the Hulkbuster announcement. Nothing was detailed with that, so I suppose it’s anyone’s guess.

I called my local Lego Store asking about the March 3-4 special offers, and I was told that it was most likely a gift with purchase. The woman I talked to said that Lego often keeps their cards close to the chest and the employees will only find out about the offer the day it starts. If I had to guess, I’m assuming we’ll see a character polybag (maybe Teen Groot but I hope not), some sales, and double points on select items. 

On 2/25/2018 at 10:09 AM, Aegis2000 said:

Wait is it guaranteed that the prices will be 20% off?

27 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I called my local Lego Store asking about the March 3-4 special offers, and I was told that it was most likely a gift with purchase. The woman I talked to said that Lego often keeps their cards close to the chest and the employees will only find out about the offer the day it starts. If I had to guess, I’m assuming we’ll see a character polybag (maybe Teen Groot but I hope not), some sales, and double points on select items. 

Great. Hope it is a new character and not Groot. But well... it doesn't matter to me, because I won't buy Thor's Weapon Quest. But I still hope it won't be Groot.