Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2018 - Set Discussion

5 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

In Gotg v2, rocket is slowly fixing their ship right, what happened again? forgot about it.

He then got taken away by Taserface before he could finish the repairs. But considering the second film is set after the first (so around the year 2014/2015), they've had plenty of time to go get it back

3 hours ago, benderisgreat said:

I’m surprised no one noticed that Thor sets has Stormbringer in the description! That’s Beta Rey Bills hammer! Does it mean Thor will get new hammer or description is just wrong and refers to Jarbjor Thirs Axe?

I noticed that, I definitely think there was still some grammar errors in translation so Stormbreaker might not really be there. Out of all the sets, I'm most intrigued to see Thor and the Sanctum. The Corvus Glaive set sounds pretty cool too

Edited by Quicksilver838

Black Panther Royal Talon Fighter Attack (76100) is available for 20% off at Walmart in the U.S., but it's listed as "Black Panther Good Guy Vehicle" on the website. :laugh:

24 minutes ago, BrickSantorum said:

Black Panther Royal Talon Fighter Attack (76100) is available for 20% off at Walmart in the U.S., but it's listed as "Black Panther Good Guy Vehicle" on the website. :laugh:

I saw this. It looks like it’s just the Royal Talon Fighter though, no minifigures. It may be a third party seller.

1 hour ago, Quicksilver838 said:

He then got taken away by Taserface before he could finish the repairs. But considering the second film is set after the first (so around the year 2014/2015), they've had plenty of time to go get it back

I noticed that, I defiantly think there was still some grammar errors in translation so Stormbreaker might not really be there. Out of all the sets, I'm most intrigued to see Thor and the Sanctum. The Corvus Glaive set sounds pretty cool too

Corvus set is a big wall and a gate entering to Wakanda.

Shuri fighthing an outrider and Black Panther with Vision vs Corvus Glaive.

"Tresher" weapon running through the walls of Wakanda. 

It's like the Arena in Thor: Ragnarok set, but this one could be a gate without purchasing another one, intricate window designs and consist of Black / Purple and bit of Gold colors. Pretty cool.

As for thor's new weapon, I'll probably make a MOC as I don't like the usage of brown tilt. This set is an easy pass, considering we don't get a really interesting build. Just Groot and Thor highlights of the set.

11 minutes ago, Aegis2000 said:

I saw this. It looks like it’s just the Royal Talon Fighter though, no minifigures. It may be a third party seller.

EDIT: Just double-checked the listing, and it has photos of the minifigs and boxes, and it's fulfilled by Walmart, so it appears to be the complete set. But thanks for the heads up!

Edited by BrickSantorum

Just now, doclord said:

How does the other Wakanda set connect to the wall set?

Haven't seen the Hulkbuster set yet. And I dunno if it's connected.

What I'm trying to say is if you buy multiple of the sets it will be a great wall for display. But it is good enough if you only have one.

28 minutes ago, BrickSantorum said:

EDIT: Just double-checked the listing, and it has photos of the minifigs and boxes, and it's fulfilled by Walmart, so it appears to be the complete set. But thanks for the heads up!

You’re right, the set box is shown in images. 76099 was also 20% off, but is now out of stock. Nice catch!

Just saw on the Brick Shows page that the Iron Man brickhead (which judging by the silhouettes released a month or two back, is based on the armour with the jetpack/back thrusters) is labelled as Mark 50. Thats kind of interesting I suppose

20 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Just saw on the Brick Shows page that the Iron Man brickhead (which judging by the silhouettes released a month or two back, is based on the armour with the jetpack/back thrusters) is labelled as Mark 50. Thats kind of interesting I suppose

What would be the Mark 49 then? 

Was there a rumor that we would be getting Wong in the Sanctum set or am I misremembering? Guess it isn’t true though since he isn’t listed in the leaked descriptions

4 hours ago, TurnOffTheDark said:

What would be the Mark 49 then? 

Yeah, I think that was an accident. He used the Mark 47 in Homecoming, I’m assuming the new Hulkbuster is 48 and then his awesome new suit is 49. 

1 hour ago, Aegis2000 said:

Amazon has Royal Talon Fighter (76100) for $23.99, or 20% off. I know ToysRUs and Target will match this price for anyone interested.

When I look it's still 29.99 :(

9 hours ago, Legocity2713 said:

Was there a rumor that we would be getting Wong in the Sanctum set or am I misremembering? Guess it isn’t true though since he isn’t listed in the leaked descriptions

I think it was just a rumor but I wish it were true too! Kind of weird he isn’t here but maybe they are saving him for future Doctor Strange movie sets?

Wong was just theorised because everyone expected there to be more figures than the descriptions mentioned

A lot of people expected more figures in most the big sets. I would guess that in order to allocate budget to include the D2C they either needed to reduce the figures or they redistributed the figures to spread it out into the D2C.

I'm going to do quite a massive deconstruction of what to expect, so the working out will be in the spoiler tag for space :P

Spoiler

Either way, here are the confirmed figures we have (in bold)

Earth Characters (11/22)

• Iron Man (2 Variants)
  • Captain America
  • Thor
  • Black Widow
  • Bruce Banner
  • Falcon
  • Spider-man
  • Black Panther
  • Shuri
  • Doctor Strange
  • Vision
  • Wong
  • Okoye
  • Winter Soldier
  • War Machine
  • Scarlet Witch
  • Maria Hill
  • Ned Leeds
  • Loki
  • M'Baku
  • Ant-Man
  • Hawkeye

Space Characters (4/8)

• Star Lord
  • Gamora
  • Rocket Raccoon
  • Groot
  • Drax
  • Nebula
  • Mantis
  • The Collector

Main Villains (6/6)

• Thanos
  • Black Dwarf/Cull Obsidian
  • Proxima Midnight
  • Corvus Glaive
  • Ebony Maw
  • Outrider (Same version in multiple sets)

Ignoring any surprise reveals, we are missing 14 characters in Lego form in this wave of Infinity War sets so far;

1. Wong
  2. Okoye
  3. Winter Soldier
  4. War Machine
  5. Scarlet Witch
  6. Maria Hill
  7. Ned Leeds
  8. Loki
  9. M'Baku
  10. Nebula
  11. Mantis
  12. The Collector
  13. Drax
  14. Ant-Man
  15. Hawkeye

From that list, Okoye and Loki were released recently so no real need for a re-release. Loki could possibly get one but we dont know how involved the character is in the movie to justify it. This drops the remaining figure list to 12;

1. Wong
  2. Winter Soldier
  3. War Machine
  4. Scarlet Witch
  5. Maria Hill
  6. Ned Leeds
  7. M'Baku
  8. Nebula
  9. Mantis
  10. The Collector
  11. Drax
  12. Ant-Man
  13. Hawkeye

In terms of importance that we know of so far; M'Baku and Ned Leeds are minor characters reducing the chances of getting them further. I expect both will be used simply to establish what Black Panther and Peter Parker have been up to respectively before Infinity War or will be used to set-up the events afterwards. As such i dont think we'll see either of these get a figure as both have a chance to get a figure in future movies more focused on the characters.

1. Wong
  2. Winter Soldier
  3. War Machine
  4. Scarlet Witch
  5. Maria Hill
  6. Nebula
  7. Mantis
  8. The Collector
  9. Drax
  10. Ant-Man
  11. Hawkeye

The Collector and Maria Hill were both previously difficult to acquire, the Collector being an SDCC exclusive for 2014 while Maria Hill was exclusive to the Helicarrier. These two are admittedly the least likely to get a re-release due to them both being fairly minor characters likely not having as large a role in Infinity War. Ant-Man seems to have a minor role in the movie given the lack of appearance in the marketing, though they may be attempting to hide the characters involvement due to a role the character plays.

As such that leaves my final list of expected figures as the following;

1. Wong
  2. Winter Soldier
  3. War Machine
  4. Scarlet Witch
  5. Nebula
  6. Mantis
  7. Drax
  8. Hawkeye

After the calculations above my final expectations for the remaining figures we will get are;

1. Wong (New Figure, given we have not had this character before)
  2. Winter Soldier (Would likely be a repeated figure of the Civil War variant just with an arm without the star)
  3. War Machine (Would likely be a repeated figure of the Civil War variant just with a shoulder cannon)
  4. Scarlet Witch (Would likely be a repeated figure of the Civil War variant)
  5. Nebula (New Variant, given neither of the prior versions would match)
  6. Mantis (Would likely be a repeated figure of the GOTG2 version)
  7. Drax (Could either be a repeat or a new variant)
  8. Hawkeye (Could either be a repeat or a new variant)

Edited by Scarilian

8 minutes ago, YoshiBlockr said:

You forgot vision and hawkeye

Sorry about that - edited it to include them. I believe Vision is in the Thresher set.

From what we know about the sets there is no information of a hulk figure, only of a bruce banner one. Kind of werid, no? We had 2 hulks in the AoU line, and no hulk in this 6 sets? There better be one in the 7th set or in the d2c.

Just now, ItamatTheGreat said:

From what we know about the sets there is no information of a hulk figure, only of a Bruce banner one. Kind of weird, no? We had 2 hulks in the AoU line, and no hulk in this 6 sets? There better be one in the 7th set or in the d2c.

We've got two big figs in this line - Thanos & Black Dwarf/Cull Obsidian. I'm not sure what another Hulk big fig would really offer as i'd want it to be different enough to justify getting it.

Just now, Scarilian said:

We've got two big figs in this line - Thanos & Black Dwarf/Cull Obsidian. I'm not sure what another Hulk big fig would really offer as i'd want it to be different enough to justify getting it.

I agree. We received two variants of Hulk in 2017, plus Red Hulk. I’d rather get a different character than Hulk if it were going to be a repeat of the Age of Ultron variant.

13 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

Sorry about that - edited it to include them. I believe Vision is in the Thresher set.

He is. However, I would think Loki might have a spot in these sets. Although we received him in 2017 as well, he was in the trailer in what looks to be a pivotal offering.

Edited by Aegis2000