Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2018 - Set Discussion

I'm up for the idea that we are going to get a variant of Thanos in other set/ Really, the only problem is the helm because it looks like a one piece with his armor so I'm okay with that Thanos figure. 

16 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

At the moment Cull Obsidian/Black Dwarf and the new Spider-man suit seems the only hope for that - which is a bit unfortunate.

My money is on Spidey, they will do justice with that Iron Spider armor. 

Thanos not having the glove makes sense actually I think in the set thanos appears in he has a sword and a space bike and is trying to grab the infinity ganulet 

It's always amazing to me how much AFOLS hate Lego's style. Simplified is kind of the defining trait of the design. Obviously this is real, just like the Black Panther ones that "looked fake" were. 

1 minute ago, InnerRayg said:

It's always amazing to me how much AFOLS hate Lego's style. Simplified is kind of the defining trait of the design. Obviously this is real, just like the Black Panther ones that "looked fake" were. 

Indeed. But that's the use of this forum I think to tackle about the things we like and don't. Thanos is okay, not that really bad. But personally hope that this is not the only Thanos fig that we are going to get for Infinity War wave. 

58 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

I get why it happened, I'm just waiting for that one standout figure to be revealed - the one where they put all this money they were saving and effort into. The figure where i kind of don't mind the others lacking as much detail because they put a ton of detail into one.

At the moment Cull Obsidian/Black Dwarf and the new Spider-man suit seems the only hope for that - which is a bit unfortunate.

Though in theory we could get Thanos variants for the 2019 Avengers, as Infinity War was originally meant to be a two-parter and in theory it's possible we could see Thanos again if he survives/returns after Infinity War.

Thanos was confirmed to be the villain in Avengers 4 as well, so I hope we get an accurate helmet-off version in 2019. 

37 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Thanos not having the glove makes sense actually I think in the set thanos appears in he has a sword and a space bike and is trying to grab the infinity ganulet 

Maybe the leak makes sense, but said Gauntlet should absolutely be included in the set. It’s the final battle, and the inclusion of Infinity Stones in each set should mean we get a Gauntlet to put them in 

39 minutes ago, InnerRayg said:

"Simplification" is fine, laziness is not. It makes no sense to recycle a figure that is completely different in the film. Especially if it is the most anticipated character by millions of fans ?

3 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

The thing is, I don't believe we've ever had Bigfig arms and hands in that lilac color before, so how could those have been obtained if this was a fake? 

I suppose someone could have painted over them for that color, maybe?

I have a set of custom Fantastic Four figures from eBay. The Thing (obviously) has orange, sculpted rocky arms. They don't need official LEGO molds to make a fake big fig

A lot of people have the equipment to make good looking counterfeit LEGO, or even to print onto an existing mold (I.E. taking the 2016 Thanos and printing over it)

The face is the only thing that makes me think this is real, it looks so legit. Or its a really good custom... Only time will tell

1 hour ago, Alberto Brick said:

"Simplification" is fine, laziness is not. It makes no sense to recycle a figure that is completely different in the film. Especially if it is the most anticipated character by millions of fans ?

We don't know if he'll wear his armour at any point in the film. We just know he'll mainly not wear it. If this figure is legit, and he does wear his armour, then the recycling makes sense

I was/am really hoping they make a new mold altogether for Thanos. The big fig mold being hunched over just does not suit him very well. Nor is it much fun to play with due to its lack of posability. 

1 minute ago, Quicksilver838 said:

We don't know if he'll wear his armour at any point in the film. We just know he'll mainly not wear it. If this figure is legit, and he does wear his armour, then the recycling makes sense

Right, Russo's said he doesn't need an armor once he has the gauntlet make sense that this fig doesn't have the gauntlet yet so he wearsatleast the shoulder pads and helmet. 

14 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Ok, let's assume it starts with the armor, then it takes it off and puts the glove (unlikely): it's still in the "Final Battle" set, so it still does not make sense.

The recycling does not make any sense. Lego Batman Movie and Gladiator Hulk have set a new standard of detail and precision for bigfigs. You can not go back

3 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Right, Russo's said he doesn't need an armor once he has the gauntlet make sense that this fig doesn't have the gauntlet yet so he wearsatleast the shoulder pads and helmet. 

Wear the glove at the end of Age of Ultron. And he attacks Thor at the end of Ragnarok. It will have the gem of space very soon! There is no time to make a "final battle" set without a glove ?

Edited by Alberto Brick

Just now, Aegis2000 said:

The Thanos pictures have been removed from the Instagram page, seemingly confirming its authenticity.

Booom, Lego looking for this! 

16 minutes ago, Aegis2000 said:

The Thanos pictures have been removed from the Instagram page, seemingly confirming its authenticity.

Actually pictures are still around. Mariopower said he'd delete his before LEGO can give him a strike

Just now, Quicksilver838 said:

Actually pictures are still around. Mariopower said he'd delete his before LEGO can give him a strike

Did he get a warning for uploading leaks?

Just now, SpiderJazz said:

Did he get a warning for uploading leaks?

I believe he did for Proxima, deconstructed MK43 and Outrider, hence why they were removed from his page. Its the same principle as posting leaks here, LEGO doesnt want the photos out, they can sue or potentially shut down an Instagram page that posts them. I think they've definitely gotten stricter on their policy of leaks

This is nurse joker all over again :sadnew: Look at it, at the face, I really doubt its authenticity. But if I'm wrong I just hope he looks better in person. 

I'm happier we are getting the leaks now rather than seeing these when they are officially unveiled, if i saw all of these under-detailed or inaccurate designs at once not sure how I'd survive the disappointment xD

Some are salvageable via customizing, but currently this wave is underwhelming. We've seen three figures and a potential big-fig - and none have really stood out - and one of them has been the main villain. I hope it changes though with other figures revealed.

Edited by Scarilian

14 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

That was who I was going off of. There are a few pages sharing them in their streams.

3 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

This is nurse joker all over again :sadnew: Look at it, at the face, I really doubt its authenticity. But if I'm wrong I just hope he looks better in person. 

Well, not exactly. This time around, we know we’re going to get a Thanos in this wave. 

1 hour ago, Scarilian said:

I'm happier we are getting the leaks now rather than seeing these when they are officially unveiled, if i saw all of these under-detailed or inaccurate designs at once not sure how I'd survive the disappointment xD

Some are salvageable via customizing, but currently this wave is underwhelming. We've seen three figures and a potential big-fig - and none have really stood out - and one of them has been the main villain. I hope it changes though with other figures revealed.

Correct. Imagine introducing the figure without seeing in prior to the official unveil.

So I'm okay with what we're getting. What I don't actually like with this IW leaks is the deconstructed MK43. It looks so boring......

1 hour ago, Quicksilver838 said:

I believe he did for Proxima, deconstructed MK43 and Outrider, hence why they were removed from his page. Its the same principle as posting leaks here, LEGO doesnt want the photos out, they can sue or potentially shut down an Instagram page that posts them. I think they've definitely gotten stricter on their policy of leaks

I see, thanks for the info. I know that TLG can auto delete those pics but giving them a warning to turn down the whole account on IG is very powerful move.

I actually think the figures aren't that bad. There are two sets with Iron Man in so if there's another, it has chance to be a lot better; although she doesn't have leg printing, Proxima Midnight looks pretty cool; Lego leaks have had things missing in the past so the outriders might have 4 arms like they should and the only thing that I think isn't that good about Thanos is the helmet because it isn't in the trailer or statue etc. I think what we have to remember at this point is there're no confirmations on whether these are real or not yet so we should take them all with a grain of salt. Also, does anyone know why the leaked descriptions label Thanos with a sword?? That doesn't sound right to me

76107 Thanos: The Last Battle sounds really fake and weird. Thanos with helmet, sword and even a bike and he hasn't got Infinity Gauntlet... something very weird is going on.

Just now, THELEGOBATMAN said:

76107 Thanos: The Last Battle sounds really fake and weird. Thanos with helmet, sword and even a bike and he hasn't got Infinity Gauntlet... something very weird is going on.

Not sure how in-detail we can get, but from the description i believe the Bike belonged to the Gaurdians Of The Galaxy and was probably added solely for play-ability. Same with Thanos's sword - which is just for the conflict. In the movie it'll probably just be him using the Infinity Gauntlet to do insane things that couldn't really be replicated.

Edited by Scarilian

19 minutes ago, RealGeronimo11 said:

Also, does anyone know why the leaked descriptions label Thanos with a sword?? That doesn't sound right to me

He could conjure something up out of nowhere if that’s in the film (that reality stone works wonders!). They could easy make this for a bigfig to hold using the helicopter rotors such as with the various mechs throughout the Nexo Knights/Ninjago themes, downsized of course. 

21 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Darn looking at the catalogue images, i think all we might get is a infinity war logo and a 2018 symbol. They did the same thing for the Guardians of the Galaxy 2 Sets. Unless we get a different catalogue, we won’t be seeing infinity war sets for a while longer. I am hopefully wrong and the infinity war sets appear soon 

I really believe we will get catalogue leaks soon because the same thing happened for a big movie like Civil War, Guardians of the Galaxy vol.2, while highly anticipated, will not have the same stakes and gravity as Infinity War so I feel that IW will follow suite with how sets for CW were leaked as opposed to Guardians