Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2018 - Set Discussion

11 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

I’m curious...does anyone remember when any of the age of ultron or civil war minifigures started to leak? Because hopefully these leaks mean the catalogue won’t be far behind 

roughly around the same time honestly, we should be seeing some variation of set leaks with this movie in the days to come.

So how about those Iron Man and       Proxima Midnight figs? Shame that we’re still getting completely black legs on these figs - outrider I don’t mind as much but I would’ve liked a bit of printing on Proxima. Iron man looks really good with the silver/gunmetal upper torso, and if that Iron Spider fig is legit then these are looking like some good figs so far. Excited to see more!

2 minutes ago, Tanuki said:

Why would she be smirking? In the comics she's quite serious, maybe a personality change?

I don’t know about you, but if I was evil and all of my plans were going as expected I would be smirking too. It’s probably just to show how confident she is- similar to how Hela has a smirk, as do several heroes when they’re rushing into battle and are confident of their victory. I like the smirk face a lot, and she’s overall one of my favorite new figures. 

@GoldenNinja3000, Yeah, when you say it like that it does make quite a lot of sense. She does look good, although I actually don't mind the plain black legs. Sometimes you don't need printing, you know? Iron man is meh, would like some set leaks and for the millionth time, a D2C leak or description.

17 minutes ago, Tanuki said:

@GoldenNinja3000, Yeah, when you say it like that it does make quite a lot of sense. She does look good, although I actually don't mind the plain black legs. Sometimes you don't need printing, you know? Iron man is meh, would like some set leaks and for the millionth time, a D2C leak or description.

I’m perfectly fine with the plain legs as well. Leg printing shouldn’t be wasted on figures that don’t absolutely need it. Pics of her hairpiece from the back and off of her head can be found, and I really like it!

I can't believe we are already getting Infinity War leaks.  We've skipped right past the the grainy photo stage it would seem.

I think Proxima is excellent the way she is.  I assume it will be a double-sided head.

14 minutes ago, Dr Axels said:

I can't believe we are already getting Infinity War leaks.  We've skipped right past the the grainy photo stage it would seem.

I think Proxima is excellent the way she is.  I assume it will be a double-sided head.

Yup, she has smirking face print which is alot cooler than the first one.

you can see it on IG

For those wondering how to make the most accurate looking version of Proxima Midnight, here is a rundown of updates needed to make her look more like the movie version or more like the comic version;

Proxima Midnight - movie look;

• Primarily black colour scheme with white details scattered throughout and a metallic silver arm.
  • Legs; Somewhat excusable, could be improved with black legs with white pockets/side pouches - the 2013 Scout Trooper variant would work perfectly here (potentially switching out the middle connection piece for a black one)
  • Left arm; Black, white and has silver detailing. Ideally it would have similar printing to Thor in Thor Ragnarok, though giving it the same metallic arm as Nebula could also improve the accuracy - will still clash with gold print on torso.
  • Right arm; Primarily black, with white detailing on the shoulder. A black arm or a dual molded arm similar to the one used in the CMF 'Monster Scientist' could work here.
  • Staff; Metallic silver/silver, with three spikes - a recoloured version of the weapon shown below would work fine if we do not get a new mold.
    lego-ninjago-ninja-golden-sai-spear-gold

Proxima Midnight - Comic Look;

• Primarily black colour scheme with white details on torso and a gold arm.
  • Legs; Are pure black, so works perfectly with the original figures legs.
  • Left arm; Is pure gold, so works perfectly with the original figure left arm.
  • Right arm; Is black with minor white details on some versions, should be replaced with black arm.
  • Staff; Golden, with one spike - the spear included with the CMF Flying Warrior would work perfectly.

Edited by Scarilian

With all the sites having the Black Panther sets available for pre order I hope this means we could possibly be getting the DCPI’s soon so we could see if any of the stores have them in stock early. 

Unless its just a printing error, the legs on this Iron Man are not the same as the Mk 43. The Mk 43 has sharper lines going towards the sides of the legs while the Infinity War versiom has those lines more colored in. Very similar. Essentially the same legs but technically not.

Edited by Legocity2713

Just now, Legocity2713 said:

Unless its just a printing error, the legs on this Iron Man are not the same as the Mk 43. The Mk 43 has sharper lines going towards the sides of the legs while the Infinity War versiom has those lines more colored in. Very similar. Essentially the same legs but technically not.

I was wondering about this. They reused the legs for the Mk. 46, it appeared  to me at first that they'd done it again.

23 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Whilst I would like to see what a MCU Iron Man would look like with the new helmet mold (I am probably one of the few people who like it), I think they'll stick to the old one

The old one has grown on me throughout the years. Having the new one on an MCU Iron Man would not represent the MCU shape as well, in my opinion.

35 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

Brace yourselves. Catalogue images appearing for a few themes. We may see more images of figures and possibly sets soon.

I'm really excited although I don't think we'll get any as they're more likely to be part of the summer wave of sets

Darn looking at the catalogue images, i think all we might get is a infinity war logo and a 2018 symbol. They did the same thing for the Guardians of the Galaxy 2 Sets. Unless we get a different catalogue, we won’t be seeing infinity war sets for a while longer. I am hopefully wrong and the infinity war sets appear soon 

Edited by Falconfan1414

Huh, Iron Man's new suit looks completely different from what we've seen in the trailers. It isn't outside the realm of possibility that he'd have two suits in the movie, though.

Edited by Aethersprite

Just now, Aethersprite said:

Huh, Iron Man's new suit looks completely different from what we've seen in the trailers. It isn't outside the realm of possibility that he'd have two suits in the movie, though.

Its a deconstructed Mark 43, not the new Mark 48. Or 49. Or 50. Considering AoU introduced 3 new armours, really unsure on what the designations will be for Infinity War yet

Thanos bigfig leaked on Mario’s Instagram. He isn’t sure if it’s real, but I’m leaning towards fake since the figure is wearing his helmet and shoulder armor that he doesn’t have in Infinity War.

I think it's real... But comparing the armours printing to the GotG/AoU version of Thanos, the helmet looks like it needs some different colour printing on there. The face and body look good, but the helmet just looks off. Especially the way it's just consecutive gold, it looks weird to me

I mean I kind of hope it isn't real, but I think it is

3 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I’m leaning towards fake since the figure is wearing his helmet and shoulder armor that he doesn’t have in Infinity War.

That we've seen of/heard of

5 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Thanos bigfig leaked on Mario’s Instagram. He isn’t sure if it’s real, but I’m leaning towards fake since the figure is wearing his helmet and shoulder armor that he doesn’t have in Infinity War.

I think it could be real. Who else par prints a Thanos big fig? Design looks pretty official too.  

Remember the designs that TLG receives can be very different from the final look of the film. 

I reposted Mario's pic on my Instagram.

I really hope it’s fake. It looks like a custom. It shouldn’t use the same mold as the comic version. I would be very disappointed if this is real. It would be a very cheap move my lego