Digger of Bricks

Does Anyone Know of Any Noteworthy AFOL Builders on Instagram?

While browsing around Pinterest the other day, I came across this one amazing microscale city skyline creation by Instagram user Jeff Friesen (a.k.a. jeff_works), who has build a few other micro cityscape MOCs which are all just as extraordinary. Instagram seems like the only place he has posted his work, and, since I've never browsed around Instagram for MOCs before, I started searching around the site via some the hashtags attached to his posts. Unfortunately, I really couldn't find anything at all, since many of the posts under the hashtags mostly consisted of minifigure photography. :sceptic:

So, does anyone here know of some great and/or noteworthy fan builders who only post their work on Instagram? :classic:

Hmm...account specific, I can’t recall. Have you looked through accounts like brickcentral? They’re more minifigure photography I believe though. I know there’s some who post MOC’s...the names are escaping me. :sadnew:

16 hours ago, Vindicare said:

Hmm...account specific, I can’t recall. Have you looked through accounts like brickcentral? They’re more minifigure photography I believe though. I know there’s some who post MOC’s...the names are escaping me. :sadnew:

I hadn't before, but I did just now. There are a few CMF vignettes there that are nice, but yeah, mostly minifigure photography. :sceptic:

Now the guy I originally posted about did initially start off with Instagram posts focused on minifigure photography, just like most Instagram users it seems. But currently, he's on a roll with these micro-cityscapes; so I'm wondering if he just an exception as far as MOCs go. Perhaps he'll eventually share them on Flickr instead, where most AFOLs share their creations anyway.

Thanks for the suggestion though, do you know of any other prominent Lego-centric Instagram accounts that I may have more luck at? :classic:

My favourite (and recently discovered) on Instagram is user Brick Explorer. Not only are his tiny houses cute and adorable, he has developed an interesting style gor the cottage. He's also very skilled at photography, he recreates a great atmosphere. 

Other than that it seems most Lego-related instagram accounts are minifig-photography accounts. 

2 minutes ago, Redhead1982 said:

My favourite (and recently discovered) on Instagram is user Brick Explorer. Not only are his tiny houses cute and adorable, he has developed an interesting style gor the cottage. He's also very skilled at photography, he recreates a great atmosphere.

Oooh, thanks for sharing this guy's work, he does have some beautiful little creations there! Even much of his minifigure centric photography is quite gorgeous, with an amazing blend of natural elements and lighting! :blush:

14 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

I hadn't before, but I did just now. There are a few CMF vignettes there that are nice, but yeah, mostly minifigure photography. :sceptic:

Now the guy I originally posted about did initially start off with Instagram posts focused on minifigure photography, just like most Instagram users it seems. But currently, he's on a roll with these micro-cityscapes; so I'm wondering if he just an exception as far as MOCs go. Perhaps he'll eventually share them on Flickr instead, where most AFOLs share their creations anyway.

Thanks for the suggestion though, do you know of any other prominent Lego-centric Instagram accounts that I may have more luck at? :classic:

I totally forgot to check when I was on... There’s one who does some cool Star Wars landscape stuff, RebelLUG. I’ll try to remember to write some down tomorrow. 

Since the last time I posted on this topic, I've discovered one other AFOL Instagram user who, as far as I know, does not host his creations on any other site. User lukesbrickheadz creates, as his name suggests many custom BrickHeadz MOCs that are worth checking out. :classic:

By the way, I'm delighted to say that the Instagram user I had initially wrote about in this topic's original post has earned the distinction of having his micro cityscapes being named as 2017's Best Creation of the Year by the blog The Brothers Brick

The Brothers Brick - Brothers Brick LEGO Creation of the Year 2017 [News]

Jeff-Works-Cityscapes-4.jpg?resize=640,6

On 11/6/2017 at 10:51 PM, Vindicare said:

I totally forgot to check when I was on... There’s one who does some cool Star Wars landscape stuff, RebelLUG. I’ll try to remember to write some down tomorrow. 

Hey there @Vindicare!

Have you perhaps remembered some of these users you've mentioned or maybe have discovered some new ones since then? 

6 hours ago, Aanchir said:

I only joined Instagram myself earlier this year, but here are some builders I've started following there:

Thanks for mentioning these users here @Aanchir:classic:

I don't check out AFOL constraction creations as much as a probably should, but hey, that first user's work is pretty sick, and solid looking for that matter too! :oh:

Edited by Digger of Bricks

Some MOCs also, but mainly city layout and collection, feel free to check out my profile, www.instagram.com/chilis_no

Edited by Chilis
spelling

Thanks to @Chmashdehjare, here's the Instagram page for a mother and son team who have built at least three ginormous minifigure displays for Portland OR's Bricks Cascade event over the past few years. Before their page was brought to my attention, I've only seen their work photographed by others at Bricks Cascade over on Flickr. :sweet:

Instagram - Austen & Pamela (themoctologists) 

4 hours ago, Jarema said:

As alternative for Instagram. I propose use BriXtar. 

It looks like an interesting site, but is there a way to view its content without getting the app?

22 minutes ago, LegoModularFan said:

-Port City Bricks

-BricksToGo

-allyouneedisbricks

-card.ioide 

Thank you so much for linking these here! I'll check them out soon sometime here! :blush:

5 hours ago, Boettner Builds said:

I don’t know if im noteworthy, but I’m an AFOL with a LEGO only instagram.

Are those your own creations on display in your Instagram posts?

Yes sir! Some are MOCs and others are some pretty serious MODs...

those pictures are from Brick Palooza last December.

I’m currently doing a massive overhaul of my entire city for Bricks By The Bay this year.

ill post more pictures on my instagram later.

Edited by Boettner Builds

10 hours ago, Boettner Builds said:

Yes sir! Some are MOCs and others are some pretty serious MODs...

Serious MODs indeed! That XXL Palace Cinema is stunningly impressive! :thumbup: *oh2*

Spoiler

On 4/18/2018 at 5:48 AM, Digger of Bricks said:

Serious MODs indeed! That XXL Palace Cinema is stunningly impressive! :thumbup: *oh2*

Reveal hidden contents

Thank you very much! I figured it need to be bigger and grander. I’ve turned it into my cities performing arts center.

On 11/6/2017 at 10:05 AM, Redhead1982 said:

Say @Redhead1982, are you familiar with these two builders/photographers? I just discovered them recently, and their work is similarly atmospheric... :classic:

Edited by Digger of Bricks

Adam Bliley (Blileywood) posts maybe once a month or so, but he has one of the most massive town layouts I've ever seen.

On 9/16/2019 at 2:47 PM, Digger of Bricks said:

Say @Redhead1982, are you familiar with these two builders/photographers? I just discovered them recently, and their work is similarly atmospheric... :classic:

Thanks for pointing them out. While I was familiar with BX Studio, Lego_nuts was a new profile for me, with lots of great photos and interesting MOCs.