Captain Braunsfeld

A more elaborate Western House

Hello,

moving on with the development of Western City Houses:

800x1186.jpg

Now this house has been inspired by the lego ideas project of Marshal Banana.

However, my version is more simplified - more Captain-Braunsfeld-ish.  :grin:

800x1046.jpg

So, here you see the rich banker in his house. And below his wife.... fiancee.... mistress....?

Enjoy the weekend!

Edited by Captain Braunsfeld
(pictures now on Bricksafe instead of flickr)

Lovely design, and I really like that color scheme. The columns in particular are very nice. It would look great in a bigger layout.

Nice design on the columns, seems so simple but adds a nice bit of texture and contrast.

I agree about the colors and the columns, simple but so effective. Another great build.

On 28.10.2017 at 11:03 AM, Captain Dee said:

Lovely design, and I really like that color scheme. The columns in particular are very nice. It would look great in a bigger layout.

Thanks - it WILL look great in a bigger layout as this is what it was built for (BrickMania Antwerpen)

On 28.10.2017 at 5:18 PM, gcanik said:

Nice design on the columns, seems so simple but adds a nice bit of texture and contrast.

Thanks - I like that too.

On 29.10.2017 at 9:16 AM, Faladrin said:

Once again a very good western house. A great addition to the incoming layout ! Can't wait to see it IRL !

:laugh: I am also already very excited!

14 hours ago, ramar said:

I agree about the colors and the columns, simple but so effective. Another great build.

Thank you, Sir!

The white and brown is very unexpected but works well. The design itself looks simple but gets the job done just fine, I feel like any more detail would have subtracted from the feel of it. I'd very much like to see a town built in this style.

On 3.11.2017 at 1:50 PM, runnybabbit223 said:

The white and brown is very unexpected but works well. The design itself looks simple but gets the job done just fine, I feel like any more detail would have subtracted from the feel of it. I'd very much like to see a town built in this style.

I did not try a whole town in one style. As you can see in my other postings, I have tried to bring some variety in terms of colours and building styles.

Honestly, I really like this one the best so far. Quite a shame I can't come to Antwerpen to celebrate our Western layout together! But, I'm already working on new modules that will go on display next year!

Bully good house! And just the MOC I needed to get my mind working on a saloon for my own Western town... Do you have any other MOCs like these?

MAC