Ahoy, mateys!

Just a small scene today, to get some travels started - hopefully pushing me to finish the following builds in a timely fashion :grin:

The Request

Previously:
Intro

Next:
New Directions

Just as recently knighted Corentin Roseabeau is about to leave his offices, he is approached by his aide Frederick who is carrying a letter with an important looking seal on it...

37452818070_e780dc0d4e_c.jpg

Monsieur Roseabeau! Monsieur Roseabeau!

What is it, Frederick?

Monsieur Roseabeau, this letter from the Compagnie arrived. It carries the seal of the Duc himself!

Hmm... Hmm...

What is it, Monsieur? Isn't the Directeur content with the plans provided for Fort Henri?

Hmm... Hmm... Yes, it would seem that he is. He sends his sincere regards and gratitude.

Then, what is it that makes you seem so worried, Monsieur?

Hmm... Hmm... He wants more. And he expects me to head the planning and constructions myself - in Lavalette.

Hmm... This is indeed a surprise. And quite an honorable request, Monsieur.

But don't they all see that I'm busy running this arsenal here? There is just so much left to do here. We've only just started work on slipway no. 5, the timber supply from Eltina still isn't running on schedule - those yahoos just never get anything done - and it's not like there aren't any ships to be built... And I wanted to supervise Gloire's sea trials personally... So much to do, so much to do...

Monsieur, of course, I understand. But you should also see the opportunities!

Like catching the latest tropical disease? Never mind... I guess you are right. Been sitting behind that desk for too long - time to get my boots dirty again. I just need some more time to finish the more pressing issues. But we will leave within a fortnight!

We, Monsieur?

Yes, of course. I'm not going on this perilous journey without my most capable adviser.

Oui, Monsieur.

And Frederick... for the 937th time, no need to call me 'Monsieur'.

Oui, I know, Monsieur.

*Sigh*... Now - seems we need to find ourselves a ship.

About:
Well, not much to it... office building... hallway... maybe one day I'll turn this into something larger. For now it'll be licensed as a small commercial - there's business being done in offices after all.

Thanks for watching,

C&C welcome! :classic:

Vive le Roi!

Another fine build from you, KB. Really nice work with that doorway and candles along the hallway. I like the idea of having a cutaway section of the building to show the inner workings, but I think it could look better if it was a little smoother (tiled) or curved. 

And I'm glad to see you've started adding stories to your build. They are fun to read. 

A few hours later, Frederick returned to the office of monsieur Roseabeau, brandishing a note.

Monsieur Roseabeau, I know why we have so much difficulties to procure timber from Eltina, they have their own shipyards there, and monsieur Lagaufre is appropriating all the timber to build his own ships.:pir-grin:

Fantasic looking interior, KB, and I like the whole idea of the cut-away! Particularly the curtains and candlestands on the walls are fabulous, but the doorway is looking real nice too!

The whole building reminds me of the modulars, and I wonder if we will be allowed to see the whole thing?

Lastly, it is really nice to see your sigfig getting some airtime! I shall very much be looking forward to following his story, and hopefully at some point meet him sig fig to sig fig!

Fine Build, KB, But I really think you should use  a renderer, especially for smaller builds such as this. 

On 15.10.2017 at 3:35 PM, blackdeathgr said:

I really like the "autumn-al" colors of this build!

Glad you do. At first it was all in white and light yellow, but the darker look makes it appear more... bureaucratic :grin:

On 15.10.2017 at 4:20 PM, Captain Genaro said:

Really nice work with that doorway and candles along the hallway. I like the idea of having a cutaway section of the building to show the inner workings, but I think it could look better if it was a little smoother (tiled) or curved. 

Thanks, CG :classic: But yeah, quick build, didn't really put too much effort into this... I'll know now what to try out when featuring another cutaway section in a build :thumbup:

On 16.10.2017 at 3:39 PM, Bodi said:

Eltina, they have their own shipyards there, and monsieur Lagaufre is appropriating all the timber to build his own ships.

Mes Dieux! I'll demand from Calida to send the army to Eltina tout de suite! :bonaparte: :grin:

On 16.10.2017 at 3:55 PM, Bregir said:

Fantasic looking interior, KB, and I like the whole idea of the cut-away! Particularly the curtains and candlestands on the walls are fabulous, but the doorway is looking real nice too!

Thanks, Bregir :classic:

The whole building reminds me of the modulars, and I wonder if we will be allowed to see the whole thing?

So far it's not much more than what you can see, plus an empty room... but I'll probably turn it into something larger at some point.

hopefully at some point meet him sig fig to sig fig!

Sure can do :thumbup:

1 hour ago, Mesabi said:

I really think you should use  a renderer

Not sure I get what you mean with renderer :look: I'm using bluerender for all my builds :def_shrug: You got something better? Not too keen on POV-ray anymore, though :grin:

I really like the façade here KB, both the architecture and colours. Faved on flickr for future copying reference! :pir_laugh2: