Sign in to follow this  
LucByard

[MOC] Mini Cooper alternate build

36481227210_53d56a17b2.jpg

36481227100_d57267b004.jpg

Built for Sheffield LUG's Classics on the moor event.

(note: not put in scale modelling as it's not a scale model of any existing vehicle)

I love it! If it wasn't constrained to using the Mini Cooper parts I would have some suggestions on shape, but since it is, I love how you pulled it off.

Beautiful! I'd buy the set just to make this model alone! Love the grill and headlights. Also, the little bit of exposed, souped up engine is a nice touch for the model. Two thumbs up!

That's lovely!  NPU on the headlights.  I think I'd be nice if the chassis was less rectangular and the front half followed a bit of an angle like the hood, but especially just working with the MC pieces this is really great!  :sweet:

Cool concept and good execution! I think my Cooper needs a companion.  :wink:

A question, please...  Was the piece count exact, or did you have any left over parts?  Thanks.

5 hours ago, Rotundus said:

Cool concept and good execution! I think my Cooper needs a companion.  :wink:

A question, please...  Was the piece count exact, or did you have any left over parts?  Thanks.

Glad you like it. There were plenty of parts left over, mostly small pieces. I have no idea what the count is I'm afraid, I just made it up as I went along and tried to use a little as possible as the build progressed so as to avoid running out towards the end.

What a wonderful build! *huh* That is a very different model from the original one. Nice work! :thumbup:

Have you tried to give a name for this car?