Robert8

Disney Princesses 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

not sure if its ok to post this but i found a video with closeups, it looks like we will get elsa in her ice dress ( again, getting tired of the ice dress would really like the coronation dress, why do they keep using her ice dress?) 

Edited by 9v system
Confidential Watermarked Images

On 28.09.2017 at 11:01 AM, 9v system said:

not sure if its ok to post this but i found a video with closeups, it looks like we will get elsa in her ice dress ( again, getting tired of the ice dress would really like the coronation dress, why do they keep using her ice dress?) 

I strongly suspect it *will* be the coronation dress. Remember those are mockup pictures. We got Anna in coronation dress this year, and Elsa is the only one still missing.

And they plan to release a small set that that includes Elsa only? Too much coincidence.

9V I would take that down, because it has the confidential marks on it.

Well that video with confidential images was up for a while, so I hope everyone that wanted to got a good look, but yes that should not have been here. Please look elsewhere for the images, but of course feel free to discuss here!

In my opinion there is way too much Frozen and Cinderella stuff. Way too little love for Snow White, Mulan,  Pocahontas and Princess and the Frog. Now Mulan finally gets a set, but it's just as small as the one Snow White got. And what's even worse is that she isn't even in the outfit most of us remember her in. Such a shame. And the new Cinderella and Frozen sets aren't even creative, just a rehash of what we already got. We got also many Little Mermaid sets but at least we get something new with every new set. I wouldn't even mind the Frozen and Cinderella sets if they gave us the villains for both movies and the mise for Cinderella, but no, just another castle and whatever the Frozen one is supposed to be. A real waste of sets.

16 hours ago, Huigberts Builds said:

In my opinion there is way too much Frozen and Cinderella stuff. Way too little love for Snow White, Mulan,  Pocahontas and Princess and the Frog. Now Mulan finally gets a set, but it's just as small as the one Snow White got. And what's even worse is that she isn't even in the outfit most of us remember her in. Such a shame. And the new Cinderella and Frozen sets aren't even creative, just a rehash of what we already got. We got also many Little Mermaid sets but at least we get something new with every new set. I wouldn't even mind the Frozen and Cinderella sets if they gave us the villains for both movies and the mise for Cinderella, but no, just another castle and whatever the Frozen one is supposed to be. A real waste of sets.

Patience, when the mulan movie is out it would be ration tht  lego release some mroe typical Mulan set.

46 minutes ago, deskp said:

Patience, when the mulan movie is out it would be ration tht  lego release some mroe typical Mulan set.

I think so. 

And frozen set is due to Olaf's frozen adventure, 21 minutes mini movie in theater,  end of November. Before Coco's movie. Explains Elsa's blue dress and Olaf in this set. ( I don't speak about frozen 2 in 2019...)

If Maleficient minidoll is confirmed, it would be a great news for me. And a new Sleeping beauty to. The first one is difficult to find. But my main expectation is the micro fairy :blush:

Edited by sousmarineuse
Wrong translation

13 hours ago, sousmarineuse said:

I think so. 

And frozen set is due to Olaf's frozen adventure, 21 minutes mini movie in theater,  end of November. Before Coco's movie. Explains Elsa's blue dress and Olaf in this set. ( I don't speak about frozen 2 in 2019...)

If Maleficient minidoll is confirmed, it would be a great news for me. And a new Sleeping beauty to. The first one is difficult to find. But my main expectation is the micro fairy :blush:

It's poor that there's only one fairy.

5 hours ago, Pop Star c o said:

I guess the other 2 fairies will appear later

6 hours ago, Pop Star c o said:

Indeed. Maybe it would be on brick & piece later to get 2 more. 

But I expect more a complete minidoll fairies wave than a micro doll one.

Micro dolls are cute. And absolutely necessary all three together (poor lonely microdoll).  But the three fairies in minidoll way, like in Cinderella set,  would be so great!!!! (and maybe, later, Tinkerbell & cie). 

Pure speculation, dreams are  life, etc, etc, etc. 

11 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

I guess the other 2 fairies will appear later

Aaaaaaaa, ok!

Indeed, it is an option! 

7 hours ago, LegoAndDisney said:

A Maleficent Minidoll is official! She's in the pictures for the set.

I only saw bad quality prelims. Thanks for confirmation. 

34 minutes ago, sousmarineuse said:

Indeed. Maybe it would be on brick & piece later to get 2 more. 

But I expect more a complete minidoll fairies wave than a micro doll one.

Micro dolls are cute. And absolutely necessary all three together (poor lonely microdoll).  But the three fairies in minidoll way, like in Cinderella set,  would be so great!!!! (and maybe, later, Tinkerbell & cie).

I think there will appear in Elves.

57 minutes ago, Pop Star c o said:

I think there will appear in Elves.

They are molded after the Disney characters. If they are going to appear as pixies or something in the Elves theme, I think they will need a new mold

If you search Instagram under the #legoleak, there is an image posted by a user of minidoll Maleficent, and she's not that bad looking for a minidoll. 

6 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

If you search Instagram under the #legoleak, there is an image posted by a user of minidoll Maleficent, and she's not that bad looking for a minidoll. 

Oh that's nice. Now as long as she's not in a very expensive & half-built castle, that's an auto-buy

She is scary and cute at the same time :classic:

Reminds me more Maleficent movie than Sleeping Beauty animation. 

And it seems she is in the expansive mid castle.... with the micro fairy and Sleeping Beauty

Honestly? She looks terrible. I don't know what majority of you are looking at LOL!

What's with the huge black eyebrows? The headpiece looks totally wrong on a minidoll; the headpiece she wore covered her entire head; neck as well. The fact that it only goes up to her cheeks looks terrible. Each to ones own, if you guys like it, but I'd say she's far worse than Ursula was from the Little Mermaid set wave and that's saying something. Oh and I am actually a fan of minidolls, especially for the princess-type characters. But Wow...Maleficent doesn't work at all.

Sometimes some Disney Princess sets are released earlier than January, like in November or December.  Does anyone know if that might happen this year and with what sets?

Also, I'm really looking forward to the sets!  The Sleeping Beauty castle looks great with Maleficent, and even though we have a lot of Ariel sets already, that boat looks amazing!  I'll probably get both of those.

I get what people are saying that there's been a lot of Cinderella and Frozen, while Mulan, Pocahontas and Tiana are being neglected.  But think of this - Pocahontas, Mulan and Tiana spent most of their movie outside.  There might not be as many buildings or locations that they could turn into sets compared to the other princesses.  I guess Tiana's restaurant could work but otherwise she spent most of the movie as a frog too, so there's that to think of.  But I mean, what would they even do for Pocahontas?  A cliff???  I agree though that it's unfortunate that the first set with Mulan is small, so I can see why that would be disappointing to some people.  But Snow's is a junior set, so it kind of makes sense that it's simpler and smaller.  Of the sets I've seen - Ariel's boat, Cinderella's castle, Aurora's castle, Elsa, and Mulan - I think they all look wonderful.  I wouldn't blame the creators of LEGO, personally I think it's Disney's influence.  Even with other merchandise, Tiana, Pocahontas, and Mulan often don't get the same exposure that the other princesses do.  And if the Frozen sets are popular and selling well, it would only make sense for them to keep making more, even though it gets annoying to some of us.

To summarize, I like the sets for 2018 and I think the creators of Lego are doing an amazing job.

Edited by Elf Gal
About the sets.

Blue micro fairy,  flying in star wars cloud,   is so cute :blush: 

And I saw Zorg  too. Is it a fake?  And is there a specific topic? 

Edited by sousmarineuse
Zorg

Isn't anyone interested in or curious about the build and swap feature the new sets seem to be implementing???

Ariel has a new face and her eyes are different.  I think it looks nice and I also like her pink dress.  It uses that new poofy skirt piece.  Not sure how I feel about the Merriweather fairy . . . something about the face is throwing me off but oh well, what can you do.  Maleficent is BEAUTIFUL!  I love her dress!  Her design is so amazing.

Edited by Elf Gal