Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

Putting my good-cop hat on, I declare this thread open again. 

That said—keep the conversations in here civil. Personal attacks, on anyone, don’t belong here on Eurobricks.

Additionally, please keep talk/requests for purchasing and selling over in the Buy, Sell, Trade & Finds forum—not here. 

Thanks! :thumbup:

4 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

All opinions are perfectly legitimate, and it's clear when someone is voicing an opinion. We don't need to qualify every single line with "I think, I think, I think" for others to know that it's an opinion. What's so wrong with disliking a set, that others swoop in as if they've been personally insulted? I share a lot of @LegoSims20's sentiments about the micro-scale Hogwarts set. LEGO has made a choice as to what to release as the big UCS, and it's fine to be annoyed if you don't like that choice and the outcome. On the other hand it's fine to weigh in with healthy debate too and share an opposing viewpoint - but instead of that some people seem to take one person's opinion as a personal attack and therefore spew personal attacks back.

Sadly those people have ruined it for everyone and I'm going to lock this topic for a bit for everyone to go away and cool off.

I also share some of the sentiments about the set, but I don't think it is the opinions of the set that was the problem here. It was what he called the designer, which has now been deleted, and calling for the designer to lose his job ("which he only got due to a TV show") due to the design.

I‘m going to get the Hogwarts Great Hall + Whomping willow set for sure.

Now I am either buying the Hogwarts Castle or Cloud City. I love both sets but I don‘t know which one to get eventually.

What are your suggestions?

5 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

Everyone stop with the name-calling and nastiness. We're talking about some LEGO sets for crying out loud.

All opinions are perfectly legitimate, and it's clear when someone is voicing an opinion. We don't need to qualify every single line with "I think, I think, I think" for others to know that it's an opinion. What's so wrong with disliking a set, that others swoop in as if they've been personally insulted? I share a lot of @LegoSims20's sentiments about the micro-scale Hogwarts set. LEGO has made a choice as to what to release as the big UCS, and it's fine to be annoyed if you don't like that choice and the outcome. On the other hand it's fine to weigh in with healthy debate too and share an opposing viewpoint - but instead of that some people seem to take one person's opinion as a personal attack and therefore spew personal attacks back.

Sadly those people have ruined it for everyone and I'm going to lock this topic for a bit for everyone to go away and cool off.

I’m sorry if I’m overstepping here, but it WAS a personal attack on the designer, which is definitely crossing a line. Sharing an opinion is one thing, I can respect that, but throwing personal insults at someone who isn’t there to defend himself is the coward’s way. The only person being downright nasty was him. I believe people were right to call him out for that. There’s no place for that here. Again, I apologize if this was overstepping my place but I had to say my peace. Not everyone has to like a new set, I’m not crazy about the microscale either. But people can’t just tart throwing personal insults around because they didn’t get the set they wanted.

Just now, Falconfan1414 said:

The bricktober packs will be avalible at Barnes and nobles in the us 

Is that something officially announced?

If so, do you know when they'll have them? I'm hoping to find some info about a UK release soon. 

2 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

The bricktober packs will be avalible at Barnes and nobles in the us 

gift with purchase or for sale?

8 minutes ago, topiku said:

I‘m going to get the Hogwarts Great Hall + Whomping willow set for sure.

Now I am either buying the Hogwarts Castle or Cloud City. I love both sets but I don‘t know which one to get eventually.

What are your suggestions?

I think down the road, Hogwarts Castle will have a much higher collector’s value. It will therefore be much harder to get if you eventually want to have both and they’re retired. I would get that while you can, and hopefully you’ll be able to get Cloud City eventually before it’s gone. Just my personal opinion

2 minutes ago, nikhkin said:

Is that something officially announced?

If so, do you know when they'll have them? I'm hoping to find some info about a UK release soon. 

There have been (unconfirmed) rumours elsewhere that Smyths will have them.

Just now, MAB said:

There have been (unconfirmed) rumours elsewhere that Smyths will have them.

I can work with that. They have a free Harry Potter thing this weekend.

I might go along just in case they have some details. I assume the freebie is Journey to Hogwarts. 

6 minutes ago, nikhkin said:

I might go along just in case they have some details. I assume the freebie is Journey to Hogwarts. 

I still have not seen that polybag anywhere, it’s driving me nuts. I’m in the US and Target is supposed to have them but mine still doesn’t. By now, Walmart should have them too but nope. Nothing.

7 minutes ago, nikhkin said:

Ooo hadn’t heard about that

for the U.K., if it’s not Smyths, my bets are on Entertainer or Tesco, they seem to have hand a lot of TRU stock and polybags recently

1 minute ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I still have not seen that polybag anywhere, it’s driving me nuts. I’m in the US and Target is supposed to have them but mine still doesn’t. By now, Walmart should have them too but nope. Nothing.

The only place I know of it being sold is Hamley's in London. They're charging something absurd like £10 for it.

Hence why I'm hoping it's being used at the giveaway event. 

Edit: @Whovastron I doubt the Entertainer would take them. They don't stock any Harry Potter. 

Edited by nikhkin

Just now, nikhkin said:

The only place I know of it being sold is Hamley's in London. They're charging something absurd like £10 for it.

Hence why I'm hoping it's being used at the giveaway event. 

Do you know where I can find more information about he Harry Potter Smyths thing you mentioned?

Just now, Whovastron said:

Thank you very much. Heading on a road trip Saturday so will stop at one, really hope it’s the polybag, it’s all I need other than the Bricktober pack to complete the collection (unless this is the bricktober pack, who knows)

As much as I'd hope it is, I doubt it. In Europe it's free with a 40 Euro purchase, not just free. 

4 minutes ago, nikhkin said:

As much as I'd hope it is, I doubt it. In Europe it's free with a 40 Euro purchase, not just free. 

Stranger things have happened. I hope we find out about the bricktober packs soon 

38 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I’m sorry if I’m overstepping here, but it WAS a personal attack on the designer, which is definitely crossing a line. Sharing an opinion is one thing, I can respect that, but throwing personal insults at someone who isn’t there to defend himself is the coward’s way. The only person being downright nasty was him. I believe people were right to call him out for that. There’s no place for that here. Again, I apologize if this was overstepping my place but I had to say my peace. Not everyone has to like a new set, I’m not crazy about the microscale either. But people can’t just tart throwing personal insults around because they didn’t get the set they wanted.

Totally agree with this.  Personally I think it was overly zealous moderating.  If anything the poster who made a personal insult towards the designer should have been reprimanded. But instead it felt like they were being protected and everybody else suffered. Despite no other personal attacks. 

i guess some people really don’t like microscale including moderators.  Oh well water under the bridge I guess.  

12 hours ago, Huigberts Builds said:

Come to think of it, now the "leaked" Lando and Boba Fett turn out to be fake (or at least replaced or won't be released by the looks of it) I wonder what that means for  the credibility of the leaked Ollivander.

I think the Boba was probably from the Juniors Slave I that’s coming out in 2019 (that dual molded arm is hard to fake). Not sure about Lando

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

1 hour ago, Whovastron said:

Ooo hadn’t heard about that

for the U.K., if it’s not Smyths, my bets are on Entertainer or Tesco, they seem to have hand a lot of TRU stock and polybags recently

Entertainer don't sell Harry Potter stock. 

Here is the aforementioned tweet: 

Edited by LegoSims20

17 hours ago, Scarilian said:

In regards to wanting detailed portions of Hogwarts in minifigure scale, why not simply buy Hogwarts Great Hall and Hogwarts Whomping Willow and combine for a slightly more minifigure scale set.

I did already buy them on release date. I hope you're right about COS. 

Umbridge looks too kind. Slughorn looks good. I hope Hooch has a double-sided head for her glasses. 

IMG_20180822_192439.jpg.34c1b41ad4005dd288b67ee7a42f6eb8.jpg

Edited by LegoSims20