Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

6 hours ago, Roebuck said:

The "leaked" cmf list is most likely fake, so which figs do you you guys think we get in the series? it is very hard to guess and I may have half wrong, but here it goes:

1. Harry
  2. Ron
  3. Hermione
  4. Dumbledore
  5. Hagrid with Fang
  6. Moaning Myrtle
  7. Dobby
  8. Griphook
  9. Ginny
  10. Mr. Ollivander
  11. Aunt Petunia
  12. Dudley Dursley
  13. Uncle Vernon
  14. Fred Weasley
  15. George Weasley
  16. Gilderoy Lockhart
  17. Madam Pomfrey
  18. Newt
  19. Tina
  20. Queenie
  21. Jacob
  22. Percival Graves

Now it is your turn :wink:

I’ll expand on a few of the ones you put and add a few of my own

1. Harry (Christmas/H sweater)
  2. Ron (Christmas/R sweater)
  3. Hermione (Cat face/Polyjuice potion)
  4. Dumbledore (with Fawkes)
  5. McGonagall (pyjamas with Cat animagi)
  6. Moaning Myrtle
  7. Dobby
  8. Griphook
  9. Ginny (Alternate “dead” face from CoS)
  10. Tom Riddle
  11. Aunt Petunia
  12. Dudley Dursley
  13. Uncle Vernon
  14. Fred Weasley
  15. George Weasley
  16. Gilderoy Lockhart
  17. Madam Pomfrey
  18. Newt (suit from goblin club)
  19. Tina (gown from the goblin club)
  20. Queenie
  21. Jacob
  22. Percival Graves (2-sided head like Quirrell with Grindelwald head on one side and alternate hair piece)

those are my thoughts

Edited by harleydavid98

4 hours ago, R0Sch said:

Hopefully the 500€ HP set will not be just a bigger Hogwarts castle with the same minifigures as 75954.

Nope. New build and new minifigures.

Just now, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Nope. New build and new minifigures.

I suspect you’re right, but do you have any proof to back up the claim to new minifigures, I think new build is obvious

1 minute ago, harleydavid98 said:

I suspect you’re right, but do you have any proof to back up the claim to new minifigures, I think new build is obvious

It’s a 500$ Set, minifigures are a big draw for a lot of lego fans if they include the same minifigure line up as the great hall set people would just buy the great hall and save the $400. There is a super super high chance there will be new minifigures in the set 

Just now, Falconfan1414 said:

It’s a 500$ Set, minifigures are a big draw for a lot of lego fans if they include the same minifigure line up as the great hall set people would just buy the great hall and save the $400. There is a super super high chance there will be new minifigures in the set 

I’m 100% sure when they said “bigger castle” I think they were referencing previous Hogwarts castles, I don’t think they meant a bigger version of the great hall

Just now, harleydavid98 said:

I’m 100% sure when they said “bigger castle” I think they were referencing previous Hogwarts castles, I don’t think they meant a bigger version of the great hall

I was talking about the new minifigures not the build 

Just now, Falconfan1414 said:

I was talking about the new minifigures not the build 

Yes I know, but if they meant previous Hogwarts Castle builds then they obviously meant the figures included with said sets, if they didn’t then they should’ve worded it better, but that’s what I took from it

4 hours ago, Roebuck said:

The "leaked" cmf list is most likely fake, so which figs do you you guys think we get in the series? it is very hard to guess and I may have half wrong, but here it goes:

1. Harry
  2. Ron
  3. Hermione
  4. Dumbledore
  5. Hagrid with Fang
  6. Moaning Myrtle
  7. Dobby
  8. Griphook
  9. Ginny
  10. Mr. Ollivander
  11. Aunt Petunia
  12. Dudley Dursley
  13. Uncle Vernon
  14. Fred Weasley
  15. George Weasley
  16. Gilderoy Lockhart
  17. Madam Pomfrey
  18. Newt
  19. Tina
  20. Queenie
  21. Jacob
  22. Percival Graves

Now it is your turn :wink:

1. Harry (With Hedwig)

2. Ron (With Scabbers)

3. Hermione (With Crookshanks

4. Neville Longbottom (With Trevor)

5. Albus Dumbledore (With Fawkes)

6. Hagrid (With Fang)

7. Dobby (With a sock)

8. Griphook (With vault key)

9. Professor Quirrell (With Philosopher's Stone and alternate Voldemort head)

10. Tom Riddle (With diary)

11. Gilderoy Lockhart (With one of his books)

12. Newt Scamander (With briefcase)

13. Jacob Kowalski (With Niffler-shaped bread)

14. Tina (With wand permit form)

15. Queenie (With umbrella)

16. Credence (With something representing the Obscurus - a wizard's newspaper with headline related to it perhaps?)

17. Percival Graves (With Deathly Hallows necklace)

18. Gnarlak (With Bowtruckle)

19. Madam Picquery (With throne)

20. Modesty Barebone (With toy wand)

21. Chastity Barebone (With salem leaflets)

22. Grindelwald (With Deathly Hallows necklace)

Guys, I was just thinking, what if we’re completely wrong about the CMF line and it’s just characters that won’t be released in sets rather than variants? I can think of 22 easily

• Moody
  • Sirius
  • Pettigrew 
  • Lupin
  • Tonks
  • Kingsley
  • Molly
  • Arthur
  • Fred
  • George
  • Percy
  • Ginny
  • Lockhart
  • Neville
  • Seamus
  • Credence
  • Graves
  • Gryffindor
  • Slytherin
  • Hufflepuff
  • Ravenclaw
  • Moaning Myrtle

I know the first wave of sets are 1-2 with a bit of 3 thrown in, but what if the CMF isn’t and is just figures not in this wave? As a sort of tease for the next wave, if they do the same again, 3-4 with a bit of 5 thrown in

The mix of figures in a licensed CMF is fairly predictable. Any Harry Potter CMF will include at least one variant of Harry, Ron and Hermione... There's simply no way an HP poly bag would not include Harry, etc. front and center on it. With 22 figures in the series, it should also include a few of the "second string" of main characters like Dumbledore, Snape, McGonagall, Draco, etc. The rest will be obscure, quirky characters that might not ever make it into a future set (I would put characters like the Dursleys in this category, along with house ghosts, The Fat Lady, etc.)

Characters who also appear in other sets will be differentiated by additional detail (dual-molded arms/legs, side arm/leg printing, soft goods, accessories, etc.) or unique outfits/variants (Hermione as Millicent's Cat, Ron Barfing Slugs, Harry in Quidditch Uniform, Harry/Ron in Christmas Sweaters, etc.)

There is plenty of precedent for this... just look at the Disney, Simpsons, LEGO Movie, LEGO Batman Movie, and LEGO Ninjago Movie CMFs, all of which follow this formula.

Edited by jdubbs

Maybe we will have minifigs of FB in the D2C with the rumors of having a young Dumbledor in minifig

But i don't think we will have a mix in CMF between HP and FB.

I will remplace the fb character in your list by ravenclaw and Hufflepuff  students and their ghost

6 hours ago, harleydavid98 said:

Guys, I was just thinking, what if we’re completely wrong about the CMF line and it’s just characters that won’t be released in sets rather than variants? I can think of 22 easily

• Moody
  • Sirius
  • Pettigrew 
  • Lupin
  • Tonks
  • Kingsley
  • Molly
  • Arthur
  • Fred
  • George
  • Percy
  • Ginny
  • Lockhart
  • Neville
  • Seamus
  • Credence
  • Graves
  • Gryffindor
  • Slytherin
  • Hufflepuff
  • Ravenclaw
  • Moaning Myrtle

I know the first wave of sets are 1-2 with a bit of 3 thrown in, but what if the CMF isn’t and is just figures not in this wave? As a sort of tease for the next wave, if they do the same again, 3-4 with a bit of 5 thrown in

There's no way they'd do a CMF without variants of Harry, Ron and Hermione at least. You can't do it without the main characters.

21 minutes ago, Black Numenorean said:

Maybe we will have minifigs of FB in the D2C with the rumors of having a young Dumbledor in minifig

But i don't think we will have a mix in CMF between HP and FB.

I will remplace the fb character in your list by ravenclaw and Hufflepuff  students and their ghost

We definitely will have a mix of both in the CMF. I don't see any scenario where they wouldn't do that.

25 minutes ago, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

There's no way they'd do a CMF without variants of Harry, Ron and Hermione at least. You can't do it without the main characters.

Well remove Credence, Graves and Myrtle and replace them with Harry, Ron and Hermione and I’ll stick with the rest for my wish list

Edited by harleydavid98

Are we 100% sure the CMF will have 22 minifigs?

Seems a lot to me...

Edited by just_one

55 minutes ago, just_one said:

Seems a lot to me...

I'm not sure if this part has been confirmed. It is a strange number. 20 in a series makes much more sense, as it is then 3 of each per box, just like the two Batman Movie series, and TLNM series.

12 minutes ago, MAB said:

I'm not sure if this part has been confirmed. It is a strange number. 20 in a series makes much more sense, as it is then 3 of each per box, just like the two Batman Movie series, and TLNM series.

The LEGO retailer catalog clearly shows 22 figs for the August CMF. 

Just now, jdubbs said:

The LEGO retailer catalog clearly shows 22 figs for the August CMF. 

Wait, I thought that the CMF was confirmed for September roughly around the time the D2C set is coming out?

1 hour ago, harleydavid98 said:

Wait, I thought that the CMF was confirmed for September roughly around the time the D2C set is coming out?

It’s August. That may be the 1st or the 31st, or anywhere in between. The April CMF was released on the 1st, for reference. 

And the D2C is now rumored be coming out closer to Christmas, or so some say. These things are all subject to change... a few of the SW products in the catalog have been cancelled, for instance. 

Edited by jdubbs

Just now, jdubbs said:

It’s August. That may be the 1st or the 31st, or anywhere in between. The April CMF was released on the 1st, for reference. 

And the D2C is now rumored be coming out closer set to Christmas, Or so some say. These things are all subject to change... a few of the SW products in the catalog have been cancelled, for instance. 

Ah right, I’ve got ya, out of interest (I’ve never taken any interest in CMF’s before) how close to release are characters announced?

The list of characters could leak any time between now and then, and there has been at least one purported list already, though most people believe it to be fake or at best inaccurate. Photos would likely leak a month or so before release, and official photos distributed some weeks before release. But LEGO is doing things a little differently with this line, so anything is possible. 

6 hours ago, just_one said:

Seems a lot to me...

Confirmed.

5 hours ago, harleydavid98 said:

Sets - August

CMF - September

D2C - December

45 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

CMF - September

The italian(?) catalogue says   " Agosto 2018 "

I assume that means august.

2 hours ago, deskp said:

The italian(?) catalogue says   " Agosto 2018 "

I assume that means august.

Good to see this news. Not for the bank at the end od the summer ^^

Do you guys think that the d2c will be like the 2017 UCS Millenium Falcon with stuff from The Crimes of Grindelwald and Harry Potter?