Klaus-Dieter

2018 Creator Sets

Just now, danth said:

I hope Universe Surprises is as Spacey as that roller coaster is Pirate-y.

There's also 31081 Ship Adventure (though I don't think those really are the real names), which may have the same potential. :wink:

8 hours ago, Timoonn said:

So, no 31026ish sets for second wave.

I don’t think we’re going to see anything like the Creator Bike Shop and Cafe for a while. I would love to be proven very wrong, but it seems as though the Creator line is moving in a different direction when it comes to commercial and residential builds. Fingers crossed that I’m wrong!

Thank you very much for all the info! :classic:

The Pirates' Rollercoaster does look excellent! I really do like how TLG combined old with new. The only two things I don't like are firstly that it's only a push along system and that secondly there are no ads and different colored lamps (like the Fairground Mixxer did have). :wub:

I'm really curious about the three other sets: Universe Surprises is for sure an homage to the Classic Space theme, Ship Adventures could be again Pirates but even be City or Classic Castle and Fallingwater Show could be Adventurers or City.

But I even hope that we'll get at least one regular building in summer 2018, too - at the best a shop.

12 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

There's also 31081 Ship Adventure (though I don't think those really are the real names), which may have the same potential. :wink:

True, it could be another pirate themed set, but I doubt it. The rollercoaster does that already, and even has a ship in it (could be wrecked though).

To me this one sounds more like a take at City/Town themes about ships. There was a big underwater theme, lots of ships, multiple harbour sets. Lots to play with.

6 hours ago, Klaus-Dieter said:

The Pirates' Rollercoaster does look excellent! I really do like how TLG combined old with new. The only two things I don't like are firstly that it's only a push along system and that secondly there are no ads and different colored lamps (like the Fairground Mixxer did have). :wub:

I'm really curious about the three other sets: Universe Surprises is for sure an homage to the Classic Space theme, Ship Adventures could be again Pirates but even be City or Classic Castle and Fallingwater Show could be Adventurers or City.

But I even hope that we'll get at least one regular building in summer 2018, too - at the best a shop.

I hope, too. A 31026ish set.

There are two missing numbers:

Maybe these are normal sets.

Just now, Brick Lover said:

There are two missing numbers:

Maybe these are normal sets.

Normal sets? Do you mean that the other three sets we've been discussing are definitely a part of this amusement park subtheme? Or are you just presuming, based upon their names, that are part of this hypothetical subtheme?

3 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Normal sets? Do you mean that the other three sets we've been discussing are definitely a part of this amusement park subtheme? Or are you just presuming, based upon their names, that are part of this hypothetical subtheme?

The second.

Prices:

• 31077 - 39.99€

• 31083 - 69.99€

• 31084 - 99.99€

• 31085 - 69.99€

In 2013, 2014 and 2015, we had 3 sets for Summer. In 2016, we had 4 sets and in 2017, we had 5 sets. It seems in 2018, we will have 6 sets. What's next? In 2019, will we have 7 sets for Summer?

On Brickset, the new Summer sets are added to the database. They're just translations... Can anyone tell Brickset's community this error?

Edited by Brick Lover

Just now, Brick Lover said:

Prices:

• 31077 - 39.99€

• 31083 - 69.99€

• 31084 - 99.99€

• 31085 - 69.99€

Those sound awfully pricey. *huh*

But hey, I'm not complaining, perhaps there are extraordinary things in store. :snicker:

Just now, Digger of Bricks said:

Those sound awfully pricey. *huh*

But hey, I'm not complaining, perhaps there are extraordinary things in store. :snicker:

They're just approx. prices from BtbK French toy shop. They were more expensive and I rounded them.

Well the pirate rollercoaster looks amazing and around $100 seems right. I hope we see a bunch of unique homages to the 60 year heritage throughout the year. 

According to The Brick Show the set 31085 Fallingwater Show is a stunt show with cars.

So it seems as if not all four already known Creator sets for summer will be fairground / amusement park related - perhaps the rollercoaster is even the only one.

2 hours ago, Klaus-Dieter said:

According to The Brick Show the set 31085 Fallingwater Show is a stunt show with cars.

So it seems as if not all four already known Creator sets for summer will be fairground / amusement park related - perhaps the rollercoaster is even the only one.

Maybe a stunt show could work with a fairground?

6 hours ago, Klaus-Dieter said:

Thanks for sharing this here Klaus! :classic:

3 hours ago, marv said:

That's what I'm thinking, as we can at least presume this will be a minifigure scaled set, given its set numbered position above the rollercoaster set, making it hypothetically pricier than the rollercoaster.

On 04/01/2018 at 9:43 AM, marv said:

Maybe, like in Universal with Fast and Furious show - you always need shows with rides.

Anyway looking forward to puttting these sets into my theme park. 

6 hours ago, Brick Lover said:

31077 [Universe is Full of Surprises]

Hmm...should I get my hopes up? 

3 hours ago, danth said:

Hmm...should I get my hopes up? 

The other set, 31083 [Ship Adventures], might have the same potential for what you are hoping for. Besides, I couldn't see that one being another Pirate themed set.

On 21/11/2017 at 3:31 PM, Bricked1980 said:

I'm talking about these style of sets...

49119528_Alt04?wid=520&hei=520&fmt=pjpeg3be2e83784f97be978a832cd9bf689f4.jpg

This line seems to have been scrapped in favor of the newer open back buildings with modular sections which can be swapped about.

Those house were ... well nice houses. They were playable for kids and nice to display too. But TLG constantly improves the sets by observing the children and it seems kids prefer modules rather than smashing everything down and rebuild a new thing... So TLG goes the way kids want. A bad way for adults ^^

On 29/12/2017 at 10:13 AM, Klaus-Dieter said:

I was hoping for "homage" sets as you, especially for an Adventurers set. But the recent news broke our hopes :/

On 04/01/2018 at 8:05 AM, Klaus-Dieter said:

If the others sets are not connected to a Classic theme, it would be good news if they were related to the Fairground theme. Fingers crossed!

On ‎1‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 10:16 AM, sebitsena said:

So TLG goes the way kids want. A bad way for adults ^^

I agree. 

I'm not really liking the direction Creator is going. It's like the line is turning into City, with all the minifigs this year. 

52 minutes ago, Offroadcreat1ons said:

I'm not really liking the direction Creator is going. It's like the line is turning into City, with all the minifigs this year. 

Not that I'm disagreeing, but I do think LEGO has a reason for making a lot of minifigure-scaled Creator sets... and I bet that reason is something like "kids like sets that can work with minifigures AND have alternate model instructions provided." Now, I can't stand the modular sets, it seems like a stupid gimmick and it makes all of the houses really boring in their design, but the idea of adding more playability to make buildings more interesting to kids is solid.

That said... I'll be sad if we only get minifigure-scaled models from here on out, this is the only theme besides Technic that makes things in different scales or just normal buildings.

20 hours ago, PicnicBasketSam said:

Not that I'm disagreeing, but I do think LEGO has a reason for making a lot of minifigure-scaled Creator sets... and I bet that reason is something like "kids like sets that can work with minifigures AND have alternate model instructions provided."

Yeah, this is most likely true. 

20 hours ago, PicnicBasketSam said:

That said... I'll be sad if we only get minifigure-scaled models from here on out, this is the only theme besides Technic that makes things in different scales or just normal buildings.

I completely agree.