Sign in to follow this  
paupadros

MOC: Piazza San Marco - Modular Building

Hey guys! Hope you like this modular/landmark mash-up of Venice's Piazza San Marco! It sits on two 32x32 plates, so it's double a modular building and 16 studs larger than Assembly Square.

The most prominent feature definetly is the Campanile. The Campanile stands somewhere around 80cm/20 inches -about the same size as the Disny Castle!-. Next to it sits the Palazzo Ducale, the palace of the dukes, but here it houses a library.

Piazza San Marco

This model is so huge I had to cut down on interior space and back walls. The back walls are now just some panels to save pieces. Even though, it still has some 4700.

Piazza San Marco Close

I did overuse a bit the flower stud in white... Aside from that, note that I made specific capitals for each column and I used the ingot in sand green, which looks awesome!

Piazza San Marco Scope

The rooftop details are ALWAYS the most fun to build, so here's what I did for this building: window pieces with one of the new pyramid tiles on top! Easy but very effective. Also see the Christmas tree as tile decoration on the street!

Hope you like this project as much as I do, and check out my Flickr account for extra pictures!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/138575523@N07/ Profile

https://www.flickr.com/photos/138575523@N07/35673433765/in/dateposted-public/ Extra Picture

Fantastic! I like how you did the lion on the tower. I love the detail along the street. Well done.

On 7/7/2017 at 10:21 PM, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

Amazing work  ...this MOC looks like the real thing! :wub:

Thanks! The fact that you're Italian and you love it is super awesome, thanks!!

On 3/7/2017 at 3:08 PM, Sarles said:

Fantastic! I like how you did the lion on the tower. I love the detail along the street. Well done.

Took some effort definetly!

On 6/7/2017 at 11:38 PM, gabrielerava said:

Beautiful!

Thanks a lot!

Grazie! :sweet: I was doing an Italian piazza like those in all around the north of Italy (Modena, Piacenza, Vicenza, even insiperd by Burano...) in the style of Assembly Square. It was genuinely my favourite to date, with one building yellow, the other orange and a walled off patio in the center, but I forgot to pull out the hard disk it was in and fried it while rendering :sceptic:. Maybe I'll redo it in some time!

Anyway, grazie mille!

6 hours ago, Brickenberg said:

Amazing set! High professional level of quality as usual. Bravissimo, Pau Padros! ??

Thanks a lot! Your most recent modular, the one is really great, I'll throw a coment there when I can!