Sign in to follow this  
The Middleman

Final 'Vikings' Box Pictures

It has to be #33129, because 2 #2551's cannot be connected together smoothly.

Otherwise you can't see the middle section of the ship, the base of the mast is REALLY huge and there are the shields at the middle of the sides. So it IS possible to just have two standard boats.... At least you there are no clues against this theory viewable at the pictures...

After completing my SW collection. Vikings is where I'll be putting all my hard earned cash. The new theme is the best in a long while from TLC (at least I think so). As for the mixing of basic LEGO with "bionicle" or technic bricks - I don't mind. Actually I think it would have been worse if they (TLC) made a dragon a l

Doesn't look like much here for me :(

Oh well...

God Bless,

Nathan

It has to be #33129, because 2 #2551's cannot be connected together smoothly.

Otherwise you can't see the middle section of the ship, the base of the mast is REALLY huge and there are the shields at the middle of the sides. So it IS possible to just have two standard boats.... At least you there are no clues against this theory viewable at the pictures...

Wow, thank you, ApophisV. I checked everything and found, that at this photo "standard" (#2551) boats are clearly seen.

From the other side, look at this thread (second message). In early prototype #7016 had only one #33129...

But I have to agree with some of the other comments re. the Bionicle creatures. The use of Bionicle parts give the creatures a robotic look. Don't care for this at all - esp. the wolf which looks more like a futuristic mechanical robot in the age of Vikings - just doesn't go together well.

How best would it be to create those creatures? Without the Bionicle pieces they wouldn't have the poseability they do. Isn't it better to create them this way rather than the old way LEGO used to encoporate animals into their themes, E.g Elephants and dragons? But the good old monkey was very poseable.

I'd honestly prefer a mold like the elephant with fewer pieces than the Bionicle wolf (or even a a mold similar to what Mega Blocks does for it's dragons). For a cybor-robot-mutant-space theme, this construction would be great, but it's just too mechanical/robotic for the age of Vikings. Agree with you re. the monkey.

vikingwarrior.jpg

I agree with you on the wolf, Brickster. It looks more like a robot than an actual organic creature made of flesh and blood. But I don't think the dragon and sea serpent are too bad.

However, I like the charm and simplicity of the LEGO creatures from the 80's and 90's. Which may seem somewhat hypocritical given my opinions on juniorisation. But I do amit I'm a hypocrite afterall!

Anyone know when they are coming out???

The Lego catalog says Fall 2005, so in september!!!!!!!! Can't wait !!!!

But is that everywhere? Or just in certain parts of the world? Not that it matters so much with our online LEGO purchasing services!

amazon.co.uk have the viking sets up for preorder now, just like the german version of amazon, but on the english one they have many more pictures of the sets.

DUDE! IT HAS MEAT LEGS! AND A MEAD BARREL! (the ship) RELEASE DATE AUG. 10TH!

I wish the fortress was up, though. THANKS CHRISTIAN!

TKS Christian for the pics !!!!!!!!!

I just love this bbq !!!!! can make a perfect addition to any city houses !!!!

Thanks for the news Sam, and they do seem really good value.

Where did you find these prices though?

Jon.

Does anyone think that I'll actually end up buying any Viking sets? Would I dare venture out of the Pirate theme? Hmmmmmm... The boxes do make them look attractive afterall.

Does anyone think that I'll actually end up buying any Viking sets?  Would I dare venture out of the Pirate theme?  Hmmmmmm...  The boxes do make them look attractive afterall.

Well Phes, if you only buy pirate sets, your Lego cravings for new sets is equal to 0 :D

Do venture in horizon expending hehe

There is a world outside pirates you know ;)

Ah yes, but until I have ALL the Pirate sets there will still be new Pirate sets for me to obtain. Of course once that's done (which it almost is) I might have to take a new direction.

Hey just got back from Insiders Tour and in the employee pick a brick they had Viking heads, torsos and horns!!!

Hey just got back from Insiders Tour and in the employee pick a brick they had Viking heads, torsos and horns!!!

Wait, wait - stay right where you are. I'm going to come kill you.

Wait, wait - stay right where you are. I'm going to come kill you.

are you serios that would be sooo awsome i would clear them out of these little guys and there helmets and horns