Roebuck

Latest news about Lego animal moulds

On 5/5/2024 at 6:35 AM, Roebuck said:

:laugh: Wolfs are basically inbreed dogs at least here in Norway and we have plenty of dog moulds so not so interesting to me. Was not the first dog mould basically a wolf as well so what you guys really want is a updated mould :tongue:

It is only a matter of time before we get a proper raven since dreamzzz gave us the mould now, time will tell if that reduce the need for a crow. However here we got the hooded crow and that are not so similar to a raven..

‘Normal for Norway’ isn’t an excuse! Given how breed-specific the current dogs are, it’s pretty impossible to assume are wolves, unless you think your wee dachshund is a dead ringer for a wolf @Roebuck? 😂

I would assume that the new craven mould will be the only crow/raven we are getting, so far only really dogs and owls have gotten multiple, very specific, moulds, and sadly corvids don’t have the same cachet as owls … at least until Game of Thrones becomes an evergreen theme! 

Sadly for Nordic (and I include north Scotland, as we are on the dividing line with them!) Lego animal fans, severely doubt we will ever get a ‘hoodie’ crow. 

2 hours ago, williejm said:

unless you think your wee dachshund is a dead ringer for a wolf @Roebuck? 😂

:laugh:

2 hours ago, williejm said:

and sadly corvids don’t have the same cachet as owls

Maybe a magpie in a CMF one day :shrug_oh_well:

On 5/5/2024 at 9:04 AM, Black Falcon said:

Inbreed usually only happens when there are no other mates avaiable. That you say that would be normally to happen in norway actually surprises me since there is enough place for wolves to find other mates - especially since they can walk huge distances to find a mate and a new home.

Do not help when the hole population comes from a few individuals:wink: Until 2008 the whole Scandinavian population where descendents after only 3 unrelated animals now it is apparently 6 after some long distance dispersal lately.

Sorry for OT, I understand you guys want a wolf mould, but on top of my list is of course the roe deer :tongue: However I must admit a wolf is more likely to happen of the two, but Playmobil have both so never say never :blush:
91ot90x3HWL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg71nIZniDptL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

It was disappointing that they included a husky dog in CmF for Snow Guardian instead of a wolf.  So no standard dog or. “Nomral for Norway” excuse!

Anyways,  speaking of Nordic …it would be cool to have (all-black) raven and wolf in Viking set!

55 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

Do not help when the hole population comes from a few individuals:wink: Until 2008 the whole Scandinavian population where descendents after only 3 unrelated animals now it is apparently 6 after some long distance dispersal lately.

Well, but in the end, after how many generations do you stop speaking of them beeing close related?Also, If we belive the church all beeings are descendants of two individuals anyways ;).

55 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

Sorry for OT, I understand you guys want a wolf mould, but on top of my list is of course the roe deer :tongue: However I must admit a wolf is more likely to happen of the two, but Playmobil have both so never say never :blush:

I wouldn´t call one less likely than the other and actually both even could come in the same wave. In the end you never know when it will come anyways They could just decide to make european forest Sets for City, or Sets for a Film that needs them to be made. 

And actually we have the reindeer mould, so getting a female deer doesn´t seem that unlikely to me. Though of course the reindeer mould would be a bit to big to be used as a normal stag. 

It took a while, but I finally made a goat tree! I do love these bonsai trees. Someone has suggested doing a butterfly one for spring as the remaining season which I love the idea of. Glad more butterflies are coming out!

finally-created-a-goat-tree-to-add-to-my

finally-created-a-goat-tree-to-add-to-my

5 hours ago, Black Falcon said:

Well, but in the end, after how many generations do you stop speaking of them beeing close related?Also, If we belive the church all beeings are descendants of two individuals anyways ;).

Lego Creationist 3 in 1 sets dropped? 😜

LOVE the goat tree @RichardGoring

So I decide to throw my quesiton out onto here…

is it likely that Lego would make new molds for existing dog molds (German shepherd, bulldog, retirever, etc)? We have been seeing dogs in thier standing positions while we see a few birds have both sitting and “flying” positions. Why not dogs having laying-down or sitting positions?

Of course not only dogs, cats too!

EDIT: I know there is a sitting dog mold - chilanhua, but that’s it. 

39 minutes ago, Lion King said:

is it likely that Lego would make new molds for existing dog molds (German shepherd, bulldog, retirever, etc)? We have been seeing dogs in thier standing positions while we see a few birds have both sitting and “flying” positions. Why not dogs having laying-down or sitting positions?

It's a valid question @Lion King - personally I think we will eventually see more variation in animals but not for a while as it has taken long enough to get to the stage where a number of new animals are released each year. I'm not that bothered about getting more dogs but I would like to see an alternative seagull without outspread wings. However, there are still so many 'basic' animals that are not available so I would like to see these made first (e.g. a giraffe, wolf, kangaroo, panda, hippo, zebra...). I like the fact we are now seeing young animals too and ideally more variety will follow (even if this means being able to 're-pose' the animal with movable limbs, etc, so they look slightly different, like with the gorillas).

4 hours ago, Lion King said:

Personally I think it unlikely. Much as we love animals, the primary aim of Lego is to play. It is much easier to play with an animal in a movement pose than a stationary one.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, lifeinplastic said:

It's a valid question @Lion King - personally I think we will eventually see more variation in animals but not for a while as it has taken long enough to get to the stage where a number of new animals are released each year. I'm not that bothered about getting more dogs but I would like to see an alternative seagull without outspread wings. However, there are still so many 'basic' animals that are not available so I would like to see these made first (e.g. a giraffe, wolf, kangaroo, panda, hippo, zebra...). I like the fact we are now seeing young animals too and ideally more variety will follow (even if this means being able to 're-pose' the animal with movable limbs, etc, so they look slightly different, like with the gorillas).

Agreed, i just think it’s fun to see animals in thier sitting positions. It’s just little weird to see minifigures sitting while all animals stand up. But you are right that some animals we never got are long overdue! 

2 hours ago, CastleRail said:

Personally I think it unlikely. Much as we love animals, the primary aim of Lego is to play. It is much easier to play with an animal in a movement pose than a stationary one.

I don’t know how “easier” it is to play with if it doesn’t have “movement” motion, exaclty? I imagine putting a sitting cat on top of trash can iin alley for MOC. Or a sitting dog as it watches a squirrel in park.  I am pretty sure some of animal fans wish for certain sitting aniamls for thier MOCs or dioramas. 

But it’s also playful for moveable big cat, horse and bear. I don’t think they need sitting positions. I just talk about small animals. 

Oh and elephant says hello. It doens’t have moveable legs. 

Edited by Lion King

On 5/8/2024 at 10:15 PM, Lion King said:

I imagine putting a sitting cat on top of trash can iin alley for MOC. Or a sitting dog as it watches a squirrel in park.

Well, Friends have lots of sitting cats and dogs...

9 minutes ago, ArneNielsen said:

Well, Friends have lots of sitting cats and dogs...

Nope Freinds aniamls are off limited for me. 

Stegosaurus and Allosaurus are leaked on fateful_bricks on IG! 

Stegosaurus looks fantastic! I love Allosaurus as well. 

EDIT: The offical images are out on Lego.com, Stegosaurus and Allosaurus are stil awesome.

EDIT #2: Hours after I posted, no one cares to talk about dinosaurs here but only talked about dragons and normal animals. So contiingutalkking about no dinosaur molds you like….

Edited by Lion King