Roebuck

Latest news about Lego animal moulds

7 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

I mean, it’s definitely a new print, but between the horrible picture quality and the fact that only the head and chest is really visible it’s hard to confirm that it’s a new mold or not yet. 

I agree, but I compared a owl to a minifig head and in the picture the head looks big beside the owl, that is not the case with the normal owl mould so should be new I think..

96e76e00-dd88-40c9-8608-ea960316afd3.jpg

334698551_max.jpg

9 hours ago, williejm said:

Ah. Potato camera 

As normal :laugh: I am sure Lego has a fancy expensive program to make the pictures small with low resolution :tongue:

Even if the picture is bad and it is hard to see much of the accessories it is strange they do not include the dog in it since all the figs are there (had it been 7-8 figs on the other hand)..

Edited by Roebuck
added pic

13 hours ago, Roebuck said:

I agree, but I compared a owl to a minifig head and in the picture the head looks big beside the owl, that is not the case with the normal owl mould so should be new I think..

Yeah, but rendered artwork like this tends to play fast a loose with how things look in real life. Just look at the rest of the image. Kate Bishop is tilting her head slightly in a way that minifigures just can’t and similarly Moon Knight appears to be holding his right arm at an impossible angle for a Lego torso. And it’s not the low image quality playing tricks on the eye. Just look at a Disney 100 series checklist and you can clearly see Jiminy Cricket has one leg bent back despite coming with short legs that can’t actually move like that. 

That’s why I’m saying it’s not worth trying to make any observations on the leaked photos - yes, the head is clearly level with the minifig the owl comes with, and if the minifig is holding it that would mean it’s significantly shorter than previous owls, but it could just as easily be the box art artist cut and pasting a larger owl a little lower than it should be so it’s head isn’t significantly higher than any of the minifigs in the splash. We won’t know until we get better quality images, preferably on all the characters individually so the full body can be seen. 

10 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

Yeah, but rendered artwork like this tends to play fast a loose with how things look in real life. Just look at the rest of the image. Kate Bishop is tilting her head slightly in a way that minifigures just can’t and similarly Moon Knight appears to be holding his right arm at an impossible angle for a Lego torso. And it’s not the low image quality playing tricks on the eye. Just look at a Disney 100 series checklist and you can clearly see Jiminy Cricket has one leg bent back despite coming with short legs that can’t actually move like that. 

That’s why I’m saying it’s not worth trying to make any observations on the leaked photos - yes, the head is clearly level with the minifig the owl comes with, and if the minifig is holding it that would mean it’s significantly shorter than previous owls, but it could just as easily be the box art artist cut and pasting a larger owl a little lower than it should be so it’s head isn’t significantly higher than any of the minifigs in the splash. We won’t know until we get better quality images, preferably on all the characters individually so the full body can be seen. 

You are right did not take into account that it was a render, I guess we must wait and see then :blush:

Looks like there is at least one owl in HP Gringotts, but the picture is taken with a potato camera so the jury is still out on that one as well (I guess we know later today) :tongue:

Gringotts has been revealed and features a somewhat abridged Magical Menagerie!

Animals I can see in the current crop of photos:

-flying owl in grey

-perched owl in brown

-frog in lime green (and I think brown as well)

-snakes in dark blue and dark green

-pygmy puff*

-bat

-unprinted kitten in grey as a figural sign for the MM

Magical Menagerie was somewhat of a disappointment I must say since it looks like it have no interior, was looking forward to shelf's full of animals :hmpf_bad:

3 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

-flying owl in grey

Some of the pictures it looks like a new colour and or print, but do not think this is the case..

3 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

frog in lime green

That is nice to get in a set..

1 hour ago, Roebuck said:

Magical Menagerie was somewhat of a disappointment I must say since it looks like it have no interior, was looking forward to shelf's full of animals :hmpf_bad:

Lego knew it was a desirable location, but didn’t want to go all out and have to deal with the resulting budget (although I do think the set designer(s) did their best to give us something). Luckily, we have the power of MOCs. 

I'm a bit disappointed in the apparent lack of access to the interior of the Magical Menagerie also.  I've been accumulating various random animals and parts for cages to populate it with so guess I'll have to try my hand at creating a full size building to place all the critters in.  At least this small build creates a starting point to expand on.

I can't find the snakes in any of the pictures but I'm assuming they are somewhere in the cavern & vaults.  Need to find a way to enlarge the published pictures but there's still a lot that is hard to see.

35 minutes ago, karrit said:

I can't find the snakes in any of the pictures but I'm assuming they are somewhere in the cavern & vaults.  Need to find a way to enlarge the published pictures but there's still a lot that is hard to see.

They’re in a barrel right next to the lime green frog in front of the Menagerie. It’s just tricky to see them because the Death Eater is posed in front of them in most shots. 

27 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

They’re in a barrel right next to the lime green frog in front of the Menagerie. It’s just tricky to see them because the Death Eater is posed in front of them in most shots. 

Thanks, found them in the lifestyle shots.

Technically, they’re flerkens, not cats :laugh: It’s very cute to have three of them in a set though! I wish there were as many as in that trailer shot :laugh_hard:

New rumors say that set number 40603 will be a holiday themed gwp in November or December called ‘Horse and Cart’. Obviously, at this point we don’t know if the entire thing is brick built or if it will feature minifigure(s) and a molded horse, but if it’s the later then that’s extremely generous for a gwp.  

1 hour ago, Accio Lego said:

New rumors say that set number 40603 will be a holiday themed gwp in November or December called ‘Horse and Cart’. Obviously, at this point we don’t know if the entire thing is brick built or if it will feature minifigure(s) and a molded horse, but if it’s the later then that’s extremely generous for a gwp.  

That would have been a perfect fit for Castle however I assume it is City. Anyway as long as it is a moulded horse I am happy, they show up in too few sets for my taste :wink: I guess it do not include a horse in a new colour or a foal since that seems to generous for a GWP budget, so then the new white horse would be ideal to get. We got a similar very nice GWP around 10 year ago:
3300014-1.jpg?201211140608

I know this will not surprise everyone but Medeival Village will be released in 2024….with A GOAT.

7 hours ago, Lion King said:

I know this will not surprise everyone but Medeival Village will be released in 2024….with A GOAT.

Candidate for the G.O.A.T.S.* perhaps? Because no matter what the set looks like, people will buy it in triplicate for the goat alone.

*Greatest Of All Time Set. (Yes, I know it's not grammatically correct, but who cares about that?)

Edited by Murdoch17

8 hours ago, Lion King said:

Is that confirmed by a reliable leaker or just a the old speculation based on those leaked survey images circulating again?

11 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

Is that confirmed by a reliable leaker or just a the old speculation based on those leaked survey images circulating again?

Brick clicker appartnely said that. 

10 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

10 hours ago, Lion King said:

Brick clicker appartnely said that. 

If you watch the video, I got the distinct impression he was assuming it to be the case based on the leaked survey photos, and was speculating. The language was definitely ambiguous. So I don't think this confirms anything more strongly.

5 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

The owl in Marvel CMF S2 is definitely a new part! It looks adorable :wub:

I have only seen a crappy picture, but looks like it yes :sweet:
The dog is the old mould in a new colour I assume?
Is that an aquarium mould?! *huh*

4 hours ago, RichardGoring said:

If you watch the video, I got the distinct impression he was assuming it to be the case based on the leaked survey photos, and was speculating. The language was definitely ambiguous. So I don't think this confirms anything more strongly.

My impression also, sure if we get the set it will include a goat or two, however so far not a single set from that survey is confirmed from what I have heard. So until that happens we do not know if Lego just took some prelim models for the survey to gather interesting data never intending to release the sets. I do not hope that is the case however some of the sets seem unlikely to happen and if contestants did not have to sign a NDA, Lego must have know there was a high chance for them leaking :sceptic:

Talking about goats I hit the jackpot yesterday at a fleamarked, found a Mill village raid set for 45 euro. Only one part was missing apparently a white animal mould:sceptic:;

Spoiler

the hen :grin_wub:

3 hours ago, Roebuck said:

found a Mill village raid set for 45 euro. Only one part was missing apparently a white animal mould:sceptic:

Dang, you got two goats for the price of one and the seller was nice enough to give you the rest of the set for free on top? :laugh_hard: Seriously though, nice deal! If only the seller knew the true value :rofl:

3 hours ago, Roebuck said:

Is that an aquarium mould?! *huh*

It‘s a printed brick! Looks way better than I thought

4 hours ago, Roebuck said:

I have only seen a crappy picture, but looks like it yes :sweet:
The dog is the old mould in a new colour I assume?

Yes, looks like the preexisting golden retriever mold, although it’s in a new color (it’s only been available before I. Brown and tan). 

That owl is definitely a new mold though, and so tiny! Hopefully the Harry Potter team recognize the demand and include it in some of next year’s sets. 

11 hours ago, RichardGoring said:

I don’t watch Brick Cicker’s video. It was someone from Medevil Village thread mentioned that “includes a goat”. 

But Brick Clicker is pretty reliable. If he is toying with us, well, I will call for a mob (sorry if it’s a bad job relating to mededival vacillate….)