Roebuck

Latest news about Lego animal moulds

6 hours ago, karrit said:

Some of the supposedly retired farm animals have come back in stock on PAB including the Calf, Piglet, Sheep & Sheep Coat.  I think the Calf & Piglet are much cheaper than they originally were based on my old receipts.

They have been in stock in Europe lately, but with reduced price on calf, piglet, 1 kitten and the cow (the cow is still crazy expensive). My guess is that they get rid of stock since they unfortunately are not showing up in any future set at the moment:sadnew:

So we have a bit more info on the city Jungle sets:

seems that we get two big & one small croc in a set; two adult and one baby gorilla in another; a dark orange coloured tiger in another, and; the red panda in the smallest set.

I’m still confused about how these sets go together, and hoping that there are more surprises to come. Thus far though it seems that all the animals are new, either by colour & print, or mould.

gorillas - 2 new moulds 

red panda - 1 new mould

crocs & tiger - recolours 

The Africa-based wildlife rescue sets gave us FIVE new moulds (monkey, 2 elephants, male lion, lion cub), plus recoloured eagle, python & croc … so it may not be unreasonable to think there’s something else new that we don’t yet know about! 

We need pics 😜

5 hours ago, williejm said:

So we have a bit more info on the city Jungle sets:

seems that we get two big & one small croc in a set; two adult and one baby gorilla in another; a dark orange coloured tiger in another, and; the red panda in the smallest set.

I’m still confused about how these sets go together, and hoping that there are more surprises to come. Thus far though it seems that all the animals are new, either by colour & print, or mould.

gorillas - 2 new moulds 

red panda - 1 new mould

crocs & tiger - recolours 

The Africa-based wildlife rescue sets gave us FIVE new moulds (monkey, 2 elephants, male lion, lion cub), plus recoloured eagle, python & croc … so it may not be unreasonable to think there’s something else new that we don’t yet know about! 

We need pics 😜

You got this from the Polish site or a new sorce?! This was news to me, no tiger cub? *huh*
I guess the big set is a joker here, if that is limited we will get even less info on that one:classic:

4 hours ago, Roebuck said:

You got this from the Polish site or a new sorce?! This was news to me, no tiger cub? *huh*
I guess the big set is a joker here, if that is limited we will get even less info on that one:classic:

I translated the link you shared!

Here’s the translation to English for the jungle sets from the Polish site:

30665 Meet the little gorilla - a polybag for PLN 17.99, containing a new cast of a small gorilla. A total of 34 blocks.

//

60424 Quad of a jungle researcher with a red panda - PLN 45.99 for the first jungle-themed set. For him we get a cast of a red panda and a figure of the discoverer, probably referring to Johnny Thunder.

60425 Jungle researcher's watercraft - PLN 99.99. The set includes a small "cave" as a fragment of the jungle, 2 figures of explorers and 3 crocodiles (2 adults + 1 young).

60426 Jungle researcher's field - PLN 129.99. On the pace of the car we find a camera on the boom, and above the wheels - boxes for equipment. In the set you will find a large fragment of the jungle with a cave sheltered by a tree, under which we find bones. Minifigs: 3 explorers, but it is here that we will find a new cast of a tiger in dark orange colour. The tiger is solved in the same way as the new horse figurines, i.e. you can carry it on the hind legs.

60437 Helicopter of jungle researchers in the base - PLN 469.99. The machine will have synchronised, double rotors, a cargo hold and a working cargo winch, and a lot of other moving elements (open cockpit, and a ramp at the back). The helicopter will be reached by a motorcycle, a swamp boat and a small base - all this can be placed in the main machine, which will be a solid size. The set also includes another fragment of the jungle, 5 minifigs (pilot, cartographer, mechanic, photographer and medic), 2 large gorillas in the form of a new cast with a raised left paw and 1 small gorilla (also new).

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, williejm said:

The tiger is solved in the same way as the new horse figurines, i.e. you can carry it on the hind legs.

The same as the old tiger basically then :tongue:
Looks like only one animal species in every set:sceptic:

Maybe we will get something new if the biggest limited set on the list is jungle as well, if so maybe there will be tiger cubs there at least:shrug_oh_well:

Edit I see now in the update that the big set is not jungle :sadnew:

Edited by Roebuck

Yeah it seems to be one type of animal per set, with no notable antagonist - but there might be something like snakes or birds that just haven’t been reported. As ever it’s hard to know what the people reporting on the sets know, or indeed what they care to pass on!

Would seem to be a shift from the last three years of sets with multiple animals (Africa, farm, ocean) … and actually be closer to how Playmobil markets sets with an animal family 💁🏽‍♂️

Wow, so is this to say the 4 sets we know of are all that's coming for jungle? Unless there are significant details missing, that seems a bit disappointing compared to some of the past few summer waves. Two new species and no tiger cub? :sad:

On 3/9/2024 at 11:26 AM, Roebuck said:

On 3/9/2024 at 4:05 PM, williejm said:

60426 Jungle researcher's field - PLN 129.99. On the pace of the car we find a camera on the boom, and above the wheels - boxes for equipment. In the set you will find a large fragment of the jungle with a cave sheltered by a tree, under which we find bones. Minifigs: 3 explorers, but it is here that we will find a new cast of a tiger in dark orange colour. The tiger is solved in the same way as the new horse figurines, i.e. you can carry it on the hind legs.

I think that “cast” is a mistranslation of “mould”, and that we are getting a tiger cub; the existing mould for big cats can stand on its hind legs, so no new mould is needed for the adult in the set. 

10 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

I think that “cast” is a mistranslation of “mould”, and that we are getting a tiger cub; the existing mould for big cats can stand on its hind legs, so no new mould is needed for the adult in the set. 

Hope you are right, alternatively they do not know there is a tiger/big cat mould already :def_shrug:

3 hours ago, Roebuck said:

Hope you are right, alternatively they do not know there is a tiger/big cat mould already :def_shrug:

Maybe, but LEGO has been following the trend of adult + juvenile when it comes to introducing new animals (and giving us adult and cub versions of the sea turtle and polar bear to go with the respective existing moulds). 

56 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Maybe, but LEGO has been following the trend of adult + juvenile when it comes to introducing new animals (and giving us adult and cub versions of the sea turtle and polar bear to go with the respective existing moulds). 

Plus the croc & gorilla get the adults & baby treatment here, so …

There’s an outside chance that there may be a new head mould for the adult tiger, which I think isn’t needed. Have also been wondering how possible it is to print stripes on the big cat cub, as they struggled a little with spots and stripes on the adult ones. 

1 hour ago, hikouki said:

Lots of excitement... when are we seeing these sets?

Not soon enough 😤

1 hour ago, hikouki said:

Lots of excitement... when are we seeing these sets?

They are a June release, so the official reveal should be around the first of May. 

9 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

They are a June release, so the official reveal should be around the first of May. 

A month and a half away - perhaps we will get some leaks of some animals by April or so.

On 3/10/2024 at 9:24 AM, williejm said:

there might be something like snakes or birds that just haven’t been reported.

I think that’s a significant possibility here. A lot of smaller animals could easily fly under the radar – especially if they’re not a new mold like parrots or snakes. 

Personally I think there’s a good chance we do get a new mold for the tiger. The last one using the generic big cat mold didn’t end up looking all that much like a tiger. A designated piece like that for the male lion would be very cool. If there are reports of a new piece, I’m inclined to believe them (over just assuming the poster didn’t realize the piece already exists) 

36 minutes ago, Rolyat24 said:

Personally I think there’s a good chance we do get a new mold for the tiger. The last one using the generic big cat mold didn’t end up looking all that much like a tiger. A designated piece like that for the male lion would be very cool. If there are reports of a new piece, I’m inclined to believe them (over just assuming the poster didn’t realize the piece already exists) 

I thought the previous tiger looked pretty good—definitely looked at least as much like a tiger as minifigures look like people. A new mold could be cool, but if the new one uses the same mold it'd be cool if it uses regular orange or reddish orange instead of the yellowish orange the previous one used.

Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, Rolyat24 said:

I could definitely see them doing a new head mold since tigers have broader and fluffier faces than lionesses and other big cats. Maybe something like the sabertooth head without the teeth. That might also give them the chance to do some dual molding or printing with the ears so they’re the right color too.

The big cat cub mold should be perfectly serviceable for a Tiger cub though, the babies are a fluffy around the face as the adults. 

Edited by Accio Lego

If I must choose between a new head mould and a new cub, I rather have the cub:shrug_oh_well:

If someone here is from Poland they could ask on the site in the tiger is any different from the old one and if there are any cubs around to settle the matter:tongue:

Could they get away with using the existing cub mold (as used for lion cubs, black panther cub etc) for a tiger cub?

1 hour ago, jonwil said:

Could they get away with using the existing cub mold (as used for lion cubs, black panther cub etc) for a tiger cub?

Yes, if they print it :wink:

I placed a Pick a Brick order yesterday, and, despite only having 770 pieces in the cart, when I tried to add more it returned an error. Deleting a piece allowed me to add one more, but that was it, so clearly hit the cart limit for the day, which seems odd, as I've had many more parts before. Anyway, I need another 40 pieces or so, which was only a small amount, forcing me to buy a couple of cows, horses, polar bear, cubs, and a few other baby animals, to get past the service fee thresholds, and up to the GWP level. Sigh, it's hard sometimes :grin_wub:

And the Bestseller parts have been dispatched in less than 24 hours, which is incredible!

Preliminary renders of the D&D cmf have leaked on instagram. 

No new regular animal molds, but we’ve got the rat in black (with red eyes), the songbird in dark tan (I think) with printed markings beyond the typical eyes and beak, and the shepherd puppy in dark grey with a lighter muzzle. 

The mini red dragon looks amazing too!