Roebuck

Latest news about Lego animal moulds

Looks like the new white bulldog coming this year is just a collar recolour given the gold tooth - from red (in set 60246) to teal (in set 60417)

Pink alligator 

Bright green bear

Electric blue owl

dark red dolphin 

Lime green deer

that’s unnatural colors I’m taking about. Lol.

1 hour ago, williejm said:

Looks like the new white bulldog coming this year is just a collar recolour given the gold tooth - from red (in set 60246) to teal (in set 60417)

Ohhh taht ‘s prett cool1

105675_Monkey%20Palace.png
I assume this board game will have at least one monkey. For fans of the old one that are hoping for a return of that one are probably going to be disappointed at lest the one in the picture looks like the new one..

44 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

105675_Monkey%20Palace.png
I assume this board game will have at least one monkey. For fans of the old one that are hoping for a return of that one are probably going to be disappointed at lest the one in the picture looks like the new one..

I wonder if this new game will be branded alongside the reported jungle subtheme. And if the designers will use the game as a chance to produce some new colors for the current monkey mold. I can certainly imagine each player having a different color of monkey that acts as a token or meeple of some sort. 

5 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

I wonder if this new game will be branded alongside the reported jungle subtheme. And if the designers will use the game as a chance to produce some new colors for the current monkey mold. I can certainly imagine each player having a different color of monkey that acts as a token or meeple of some sort. 

Nice idea, but it would be, I think, so much better if they did different types of monkey for each player. Would they be so bold as to include apes too? So you could use the monkey, chimp, and new gorilla. And then at least more new mould for a different species.

7 hours ago, RichardGoring said:

Nice idea, but it would be, I think, so much better if they did different types of monkey for each player. Would they be so bold as to include apes too? So you could use the monkey, chimp, and new gorilla. And then at least more new mould for a different species.

The trick with doing entirely different types would be size differences. The chimp and current monkey aren’t that far off, but I expect the gorilla will be bigger and possibly feature some articulation. That said, we do know for sure that we’re getting a baby gorilla as well…

7 hours ago, RichardGoring said:

We don´t even know if any player will even get any ape - I mean sure they could be used as player figures, but we don´t know much about that game yet. Maybe they are just used as deco objects or something. Anyways I would expect the game to be rather expensive, but we will see.

I believe the board game will be revealed at the Nuremberg toy fair that starts today so maybe some pictures will show up during the day:shrug_oh_well:

1413pb02.png
Looks like the hen coming in Friends set 42617 has a new better eye-print, the last one was not the best I think: 1413pb01.original.png

2 hours ago, williejm said:

Who needs consistency across eye prints? Not Lego animals. 🐊🦈🐓🦞

Who needs consistency of whether you get eye prints or not? Not LEGO crabs/lobsters, fish/sharks and rays, or parrots/all other birds.

I feel like a broken record, but I'd love to get updated crabs, fish, and parrots in a modern style with eye prints.

The first pics of the Snow White Cottage have leaked. As far as I can tell, it includes a grey squirrel, white bunny, blue bird, two white birds, and a plain light yellow butterfly. Nothing new, unless more is revealed by the official photos.

It also looks like it has a brown squirrel at least 🐿️

Only 2 days until we most likely see a lot more animals in a set 🐐🥳

It's Friends style but I love that little capybara piece in the leaked Encanto set alongside the Snow White cottage!

I assume it is not, but it looks like a squirrel print on the end of the logs in the Snow White set :shrug_oh_well:

4 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

It's Friends style but I love that little capybara piece in the leaked Encanto set alongside the Snow White cottage!

Pics of the Maribel set and buildable Stitch came out awhile back because they’re March releases, but I do love that capybara. Rather annoying that it only comes in a $30 DOTS style set so far - hopefully we’ll see it in pick a brick eventually. 

58 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

Pics of the Maribel set and buildable Stitch came out awhile back because they’re March releases, but I do love that capybara. Rather annoying that it only comes in a $30 DOTS style set so far - hopefully we’ll see it in pick a brick eventually. 

Would it though? Won’t it count as a licensed piece and not be available?

1 hour ago, Accio Lego said:

Pics of the Maribel set and buildable Stitch came out awhile back because they’re March releases, but I do love that capybara.

Ah, I'd missed that, or if I saw it, I forgot!

Could be pretty cool if we got more than just the standard dinosaurs and smilodons.

1 minute ago, Karalora said:

Could be pretty cool if we got more than just the standard dinosaurs and smilodons.

I can agree to that, but if LEGO is gonna include dinos anyway, they should atleast be updated versions of ones we got before

There's an image of the new Mediaeval Market floating around. I see a dark grey goat and that's it for newly coloured animals.

2 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

There's an image of the new Mediaeval Market floating around. I see a dark grey goat and that's it for newly coloured animals.

Shocking 😮

2 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

A little bit disappointing given the number of moulds available, even if they were just recolours I would have loved to get another cow/calf/horse/etc.