I was really so busy that is a long time since i created a folder on brickshelf, and now it's time to add my remaining 8 bot: i'm also aiming to create a lxf file for each, but currently waiting for the first folder to become public.

What i want to do is to keep this fist post simple with robots thumbnails, link to the future reply about them, descriptions and lxf files, let's start:

Really hope that all the files and photos that i'll put there can inspire some TC11 competitors, unfortnately you can't fight bot in the entry video but i will really like to know how a fight between your bots and mine will end (despite my bot being ruled by different and more restrictive rules).

Bot-focused replies will be posed one every day starting from tomorrow and then this first message will be updated with thumbnails, lxf files and more info, i'm doing this because i'm progressively dismantle all the robots and i want to keep them at least in digital form (so i'll have more pieces for my new ideas without loosing the previous ones).

i also really want to thaks LRW (lego robot wars) group for the support that they gave to me while i was building and posting updates there:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/105109289523663/?ref=bookmarks

in order not no make this topic only a bunch of writings i have a small video about the first bot that will be showcased tomorrow (asap)

so here all the robots:

name: LIFTY
description: this is the 2nd of the -ITY team, a series of simple robots made to show the archetypes of combat robots and also easy to replicate, they also fight each other but the winner wasn't this one.
signature move: LIFTER
weight class: 500g
notes: despite being a lifter it is not really able to full lift the opponent but by going under it and pushing with the additive weight it can easily lift and flip up to 1kg bots!
lxf file: lifty.lxf
bot reply link(scroll down here): click here

name: BITY
description: this is the first of the -ITY team, also the most complex featuring a jaw that can be opened and rotate, it represents grabbers or control robots that aim to grab the opponent and push them into the PIT of oblivion due to the use of lipo BB (i have only one) and the excessive weight (700g) it didn't compete to the secret -ITY championship
signature move: CLAW
notes: 4x4 transmission is really powerful but has a lot of friction while steering (even at smaller weight class) so the battle position of BITY is with the claw inclined down and front wheels lifted up and not touching the ground
lxf file: bity.lxf
bot reply link: click here

name: FLIPPY
description: 3rd of the ITY team it is a spring powered flipper! inspired by diotor this bot relies to a winch mechanism that is able to load and relase 4 9398 shock absorbers with only one motor!
signature move: winch reloaded-spring powered FLIPPER arm
notes: unable to self right was defeated by lifty on the -ITY tournament
lxf file: flippy.lxf

name: CARBIDE
description: replica of uk robot wars competitor carbide, grand finalist of series 8 and champion of series 9 
signature move: horizontal spinner
weight class: 1kg new technic
motor used: 2x M for drive, 1x 9V motor (745699)
 for weapon
drive: 2WD and can drive even if upside down!

notes: the side armor is really tough but can be detached from th main body, also the bar has a quite good punch but luckily not enough to break lego pieces, it can remove armor and exposed wheels. also it is driven by an sbrick receiver so it has the advantage of PWM motor controls and no line of sight needed, may also join 3-robot matches due to not providing interferences with IR
lxf file: carbide.lxf

name: PULSAR
description: again a 2016 competitor, smaller and faster than carbide, but equally lethal
signature move:SPINNING DRUm with double single tooth
weight class: 1kg replica new technic bricks
notes: it requires only two channels to be controlled because the spinning drim is always one and a rubber band belt prevent the motor stall

name: WITCH DOCTOR
description: this replica is from BATTLEBOTS! unluckily i can't replicate the purple/green color scheme but this time i used old technic bricks so it is completely smash-able! but mind that its deadly single tooth disc smash bot before they can do anything
signature move: single tooth SPINNING VERTICAL DISK
weight class: 1kg replica with system bricks
notes: my first inclined wheel drive (with chains) that really helps the bot steering even if 4x4 with all the wheels on the ground

name: CARDIAC II
description: the first fan designed bot that i motorized, it will fight witch doctor later this moth (hopefully) and it is armed with a deadly axe that can stop the 2000rpm disk of its opponent
signature move: fast AXE
weight class: 1kg replica with system bricks
notes: it is the biggest bot i've ever built and has a pretty advanced weapon capable of rapid fire with a single M motor

name: KILERHURTZ test chassis
description: this poor bot was never finished (and used to test all other bots weapon) due to the armor of the original 100kg one being really difficult to replicate, but it's weapon really reflect the power of a 110kg machine
signature move: rubber-band powered gearing reloaded AXE
weight class: never finished
notes: it can be operated with a full auto reload system and a tap firing button from the sbrick APP

Edited by PKW

I love this new contest, I have been working on my bot everyday since.  It is coming together nicely.  You mentioned before that you had a bunch of bot build and I was wondering what kind of ideas you had.  I am glad you started this topic.  

My thoughts for "Lifty"

I like the drive steering design you used, you do not have to worry about a separate steering mechanism in the bot, instead each of the wheels are individually powered with caster wheels in the back.  Having the battery box in the back as a counter weight was also a good idea. The lifting mechanism using a work gear is good for torque, but I am not sure the speed of lifting is fast enough.  Also the lifter needs more of something to get under the opponent's bot.  Overall the bot is small, which has its advantages. I like what you did and I am working forward to seeing what over bots you have in store for us.  :thumbup:

Edited by aminnich

7 hours ago, aminnich said:

I love this new contest, I have been working on my bot everyday since.  It is coming together nicely.  You mentioned before that you had a bunch of bot build and I was wondering what kind of ideas you had.  I am glad you started this topic.  

My thoughts for "Lifty"

I like the drive steering design you used, you do not have to worry about a separate steering mechanism in the bot, instead each of the wheels are individually powered with caster wheels in the back.  Having the battery box in the back as a counter weight was also a good idea. The lifting mechanism using a work gear is good for torque, but I am not sure the speed of lifting is fast enough.  Also the lifter needs more of something to get under the opponent's bot.  Overall the bot is small, which has its advantages. I like what you did and I am working forward to seeing what over bots you have in store for us.  :thumbup:

About the steering: most of real bots (and most of mines) uses skid steering to save weight, have a better manoeuvrability and also have the advantage of a pivot steering (so turning wit hour have to go forward/backward) that is really useful to avoid pit or  hazards in the arena, but this kind of steering has some cuonts:

1)caster wheels can stuck into something and prevent you to streer

2) if your CoM is too far from the powered wheels you may slip and drift (and this happens in lifty)

3) it is easy to be lifted and have your powered wheels not touching the grounds (again if you are not careful you can lift you wheels up with lifty forks and need some time to free yourself)

As for the lifter I had to choose a compromise of speed and tour and the result is a good controllable ( a fast lifter won't stay on the ground but always lift you up due to being difficult to control), and what I gained what a pretty good torque useful to lift or "carry" pretty mush anything (remember that this bot is 500g class and has also a main constructive goal I'll explain in the post). Last thing: the "go under the opponent" ability:

1) it relies on having the thinnest brick possible as arm

2)faster bot are difficult to control so it is difficult to have a good lift even with a good arm

3)actually lego bot has a lot of holes and bity lifting arm is designed also to penetrare and lift from internal holes in order to make more damage

Thanks you for the feedback, mod that lifty is one of the most simple bot there ;)

DAY #1: LIFTY

Full description:

this small robot is one of the four 500g bot made to be easy to rebuild, simple but enough though and powerful to look like a mid-level bot. all the 4 -ITY team bots have 2 M motor for driving and mostly geared down 1.6:1 to gain a decent power and leave speed/power values to the wheel diameter: bigger wheels are faster with less pushing power. despite one main goal was to keep robot on 3 channel and 2M motor plus an XL one for weapon only two of them respect this rule and are LIFTY and FLIPPY.

LIFTY chassis was designed to be modular so that more than one weapon can be attached it to show how different main weapon influence the fight regardless of driving, here an example with a pneumatic flipping arm against FLIPPY:

also the drive is quite powerful and heavy reinforced to be the best for a modular bot, the only weak point are the wheels that can't be connected with a 5,5 axle with mid stop and it may happens that sometime they fell of after repeated hits or under a grabbing weapon

short recap of statistics:

name: LIFTY
description: modular chassis with lifting forks
signature move: LIFTER
motor used: 2x M for drive, 1x XL for weapon
drive: 2WD on the front and 2 cater wheels on the back

notes: despite being a lifter it is not really able to full lift the opponent but by going under it and pushing with the additive weight it can easily lift and flip up to 1kg bots!

PHOTOS:

0lift_robot.jpg

1lifty_robot.jpg

2lift_robot.jpg

3lifty_robot.jpg

9lifty_robot.jpg

0.5 kg weight

5lifty_robot.jpg

7lifty_robot.jpg

8lifty_robot.jpg

lifty_robot.jpg

BONUS VIDEO

LXF FILE FOR LDD 

lifty.lxf

Edited by PKW

DAY #2: BITY

(actually this is day 3 but with days i just want to show the number of robots already showcased, also i can post day #3 only on Monday or after)

name: BITY
description: it is just the outcome  test for a solid 4x4 drive and a double winch mechanism, it has no armour but a lot of funciotn in a really small space! 
signature move: GRABBER
motor used: 3x M for drive, 1x L for weapon
drive: 4WD but it mostly drive with only 2 wheels on the ground

notes: it can carry up to 500g (a full bot) but it is really difficult to bite and keep in the jaw other lego bots

PHOTOS:

0_bity_robot.jpg

1_bity_robot.jpg

2_bity_robot.jpg

3_bity_robot.jpg

4_bity_robot.jpg

5_bity_robot.jpg

6_bity_robot.jpg

LXF FILE FOR LDD 

bity.lxf

Edited by PKW

DAY #3: FLIPPY

name: FLIPPY
description: a really compact flipper, the first with single motor operated winch reloaded flipper!
signature move: flipping arm
motor used: 2x M for drive, 1x XL for weapon
drive: 2WD on the back

notes: reallly effective with flipping 500g robots but no srimech

PHOTOS:

flippy_0_robot.jpg

flippy_1_robot.jpg

flippy_3_robot.jpg

flippy_7_robot.jpg

flippy_4_robot.jpg

flippy_2_robot.jpg

flippy_6_robot.jpg

flippy_5_robot.jpg

LXF FILE FOR LDD 

l_flippy.lxf

Edited by PKW

hi all, my order for my tc11 entry has just arrived, so this project will be paused for a while, meanwhile enjoy some teaser video of the robots that i still need to showcase:

TERRORHURTZ

CARDIAC II

WITCH DOCTOR

PULSAR

CARBIDE

hi all, it has been a long time since my last post but i'm back into building! i'm currently showcasing all my old builds in this topic, feel free to ask any question here!

DAY #4 CARBIDE S-replica

name: CARBIDE
description: replica of uk robot wars competitor carbide, grand finalist of series 8 and champion of series 9 
signature move: horizontal spinner
weight class: 1kg new technic
motor used: 2x M for drive, 1x 9V motor (745699)
 for weapon
drive: 2WD and can drive even if upside down!

notes: the side armor is really tough but can be detached from th main body, also the bar has a quite good punch but luckily not enough to break lego pieces, it can remove armor and exposed wheels. also it is driven by an sbrick receiver so it has the advantage of PWM motor controls and no line of sight needed, may also join 3-robot matches due to not providing interferences with IR

PHOTOS:

carbide_0.jpg 

carbide_1.jpg 

carbide_2.jpg 

carbide_3.jpg 

carbide_4.jpg 

carbide_5.jpg 

LXF FILE FOR LDD: 

carbide.lxf

Edited by PKW