Sign in to follow this  

hi all, some months ago i made this video of lego battlebots, and now i'm posting it there because maybe you could be interested also for TC11, you'll find all the bot info in the video but i'll clone them here too, hope to bring up a brickshelf folder asap for the two bots (but i have to rebuild them due to pieces and electronics being used for witch doctor replica, cardiac two, fanmade design, killerhurts and recyclopse chassis, and other 3 500g class bot an grabber a lifer and a flipper)

PULSAR

weight: 700g
size: 23x27x9studs
weapon: 73g spinning drum with two single teeth 1900rpm
strenghts: really effective wedge shape used to go under the opponent and lift them with the drum energy
weaknesses: the drum isn't enough fast to launch the oppnent on the air, wheelholders may break off easily, weak wepon belt

CARBIDE

weight: 730g
size: 32x32x9 studs
weapon: 84g spinning bar 750rpm
strenghts: great power and though armor, effective rear wedge
weaknesses: the armor can e warped or bent and increase friction in the drivetrain, hard to control, high battery consumption

here a photos from Ellis (pulsar builder) about size comparison

CrsBieVW8AAV9o7.jpg

here the video: NB it is really long, if you want, after presentation, you can skip to 11:02 to skip the fist fight (a bit long and boring) and save time without losing the most of the action!

i'm keeping editing this with photos and videos from my twitter, it is hard to find them back but i'll try:

CARBIDE

PULSAR

Edited by PKW

I love the idea of Lego Robot Wars/Battlebots and these two are well done representations of the actual robots. The only problem is more to do with the concept and that is that you will always be able to defend easily against PF powered weapons, they just aren't strong enough to do damage to a 'properly' build robot. I'd like to see these built with system based panels for armor that are easy detachable to simulate weapon damage.

17 hours ago, Rog said:

I love the idea of Lego Robot Wars/Battlebots and these two are well done representations of the actual robots. The only problem is more to do with the concept and that is that you will always be able to defend easily against PF powered weapons, they just aren't strong enough to do damage to a 'properly' build robot. I'd like to see these built with system based panels for armor that are easy detachable to simulate weapon damage.

that's not always true, as stated in the video  made them a little bit underpowered not to break pieces because it is 100% possible to make a kinetic weapon that smash robots (even if technic) but that will seriously break/scratch pieces so i avoided that and i aimed to make weaker armor (not enough weak unluckily).

for the system based bots you can watch ochayedonalds videos on youtube, there are tons of bricks flying apart, i have just built two with that system and i hope to film a video as  soon as i finish to build the arena: