Just looking at your progess so far I already know this is going to be my favourie of all your brilliant builds.

On 4-6-2017 at 1:15 PM, Jeroen Ottens said:

OTOH the 3x3 connector with 4 pins wouldn't stand out like it does now...

I don't know for sure if I analyzed the most recent image correctly, but can't you replace the 3x3 connector with this? It's less rigid and weaker because it relies on axle-axle hole friction rather than pin-pinhole friction, but maybe it's strong enough:

800x450.jpg?a=1

Edited by Didumos69

21 hours ago, grum64 said:

Just looking at your progess so far I already know this is going to be my favourie of all your brilliant builds.

Thanks. It is good to see you back here. I started to miss your comments the last few months. Any plans for
 a new documented build from you?

10 hours ago, Didumos69 said:

I don't know for sure if I analyzed the most recent image correctly, but can't you replace the 3x3 connector with this? It's less rigid and weaker because it relies on axle-axle hole friction rather than pin-pinhole friction, but maybe it's strong enough:

Thanks for thinking along. This will be a choice between colour and simplicity of design. I always try to get a function with a minimum amount of parts, so at this moment I would still prefer to use the LBG connector, but maybe I can figure out a cornerconnection in black that still has a minimum part usage (although it will be difficult to beat a single connector :laugh:)

23 hours ago, Thorsten50 said:

On the building instruction I am now already curious.

What exactly are you curious about?

9 hours ago, Jeroen Ottens said:

Thanks for thinking along. This will be a choice between colour and simplicity of design. I always try to get a function with a minimum amount of parts, so at this moment I would still prefer to use the LBG connector, but maybe I can figure out a cornerconnection in black that still has a minimum part usage (although it will be difficult to beat a single connector :laugh:)

Which is quite understandable. For what it's worth; I managed to reduced the number of replacement parts a little and updated the image in my post.

11 hours ago, Jeroen Ottens said:

Or just put 2 black tiles on top of it (a 1x2 and a 1x3) :classic:
Or is that not allowed cause it aren't Technic pieces? :laugh:

19 hours ago, Jeroen Ottens said:

Thanks. It is good to see you back here. I started to miss your comments the last few months. Any plans for
 a new documented build from you?

Thank you Jeroen, it's good to be back after so long away. There's so much to catch up on.

As for new builds. Yes, I will be starting on one soon and yes, if my ramblings can be put up with, I'll document it.

Although I've been away I've been building when able. I've finally completed a long standing build for a relative and recently finished the Caterham along with a few Stud.io builds.