SkaForHire

Next MCRA - Infos, Dates and Maps

We are working in MRCA version 2. Until that is in order, we can't produce the maps, as they are depending on the new rules. So we hope you will have some patience. :) 

Alright people, we are officially 62.5% through the year! and we're still waiting on MCRA II.  Look guys, I'm going to be a bit of a jerk here. But you guys need to get your stuff together.  I don't care what the rules are at this point. Figure something out. If that means flipping a coin, then so be it. The story is really stalling at this point seafarer wise. So figure it out. Please, for the sake of the game.

27 minutes ago, Mesabi said:

Alright people, we are officially 62.5% through the year! and we're still waiting on MCRA II.  Look guys, I'm going to be a bit of a jerk here. But you guys need to get your stuff together.  I don't care what the rules are at this point. Figure something out. If that means flipping a coin, then so be it. The story is really stalling at this point seafarer wise. So figure it out. Please, for the sake of the game.

You are correct, sir. You are in fact being quite a Jerk! ;)

Incidentally, however, your misgivings are quite reasonable and we are very close to launch, so have a little patience. ;)

10 hours ago, Mesabi said:

we're still waiting on MCRA II

We feel your pain, believe me.

9 hours ago, Bregir said:

we are very close to launch

And by very close, we mean we're trying to get it rolled out before the end of the month. We really are very close.

On 15 August 2017 at 0:21 PM, Mesabi said:

Well I'm new here so I might not be seeing the larger picture but I think we all just need to be patient, I often struggle to find time to build, it hard for me to imagine what the leadership has to do, not only do they produce high quality builds but they have to organise and run an RPG game and attend to real life duties, I imagine it's quite hard to do all that so a break is probably just what they deserve. To sum up be patient, there doesn't need to be a rush because everything will be ready when it's ready. Thanks leadership.

On 15.8.2017 at 6:21 AM, Mesabi said:

Your tone is absolutely disrespectful and inappropriate. Please take a minute to consider what you are writing here, and what that might do to those you address.

The leadership-team invests their free-time to create and manage a game for people like you and me to consume and enjoy. Sure, not all decisions are right and the best, and I am always fine with discussing plain out wrong decisions and unfairness. But this is far from being the case here - it's just that things take their time, and probably not all members of leadership do have 10 hours per week available (remember: free time).

Sure, it would have been better to keep the old system running until the new one is ready, but hindsight is always more clever than our past selves.

But please keep it fact-based and don't become personal.

For the record: While we would have loved to keep the "old MRCA" running while we developed the new one, it was simply not manageable, as it required very heavy manual work, and relied heavily on a very few people (mainly Ska). Keeping it running would simply delay both itself and the development of mrca II and everything else.

Back in January, we had a possible automated MRCA mechanism up and running, but some members of the court were not happy with the solution, so we kept running the old style mrca, with the regularity we could manage.

We are aware that it has been delayed too many times and that you are all looking forward to seeing this a more stable part of BoBs. Hence, we are working to bring you something that does NOT rely on a few specific people, and that can be run without extensive manual input. It takes time, and as Elos said, we are only volunteers. (Although I can set up a Patreon. If you can match my current salary, I will happily devote my time to BoBs ;) :P)

But we are close, and I truly believe we can publish something fabulous before the end of the month, as Capt Wolf said.

Patience, padawans! ;)

3 hours ago, Elostirion said:

Your tone is absolutely disrespectful and inappropriate. Please take a minute to consider what you are writing here, and what that might do to those you address.

The leadership-team invests their free-time to create and manage a game for people like you and me to consume and enjoy. Sure, not all decisions are right and the best, and I am always fine with discussing plain out wrong decisions and unfairness. But this is far from being the case here - it's just that things take their time, and probably not all members of leadership do have 10 hours per week available (remember: free time).

Sure, it would have been better to keep the old system running until the new one is ready, but hindsight is always more clever than our past selves.

But please keep it fact-based and don't become personal.

Really sorry if I offended. I have no issues with any of the staff. That's why I added the disclaimer that I was being a jerk. Again, I'm really sorry for being disrespectful, Elostirion, and I mean no ill will to you or any members of the team. I understand that you guys don't have a lot of time to dedicate to this, and I respect that. 

3 hours ago, Bregir said:

Back in January, we had a possible automated MRCA mechanism up and running, but some members of the court were not happy with the solution, so we kept running the old style mrca, with the regularity we could manage.

This is what I'm talking about. I'm annoyed that disagreements between the staff have delayed the MCRA so much. That's what I'm getting at. Please don't let differences between what your vision is for the game impact everyone's experience of the game. That's not what any of us want.

And please don't take this post as any means of disrespect towards anyone. I just want you guys to come together and make an MCRA. And as Bregir has pointed out, that seems to be happening, so I'll shut up.