Sign in to follow this  
dimnico

[MOC] Force Awakens - The Star Killer

Hi guys, I thought I would quickly post this mod on a MOC I made. Earlier I had built the end scene from Revenge of the Sith with Vader, The Emperor and Moff Tarkin looking at the death star being built. I was in the process of dismantling it for parts when I suddenly realised that the exact same shot was used in The Force Awakens as well. So before taking it apart I did a quick modification on it to turn it into Kylo Ren watching the Star Killer base fire its super laser. 

30788913460_860fbbeb8d_c.jpgDSC_2497 by dimitrinicomanis, on Flickr

A simple mod really turning the black space and death star backdrop into a red sky with a laser beam. The control panel had a few more lights added as well as some red tiles to mimic the red flare hitting the underneath of the window. 

29761330843_5222dee821_c.jpgRevenge of the Sith - Construction Begins by dimitrinicomanis, on Flickr

30759597692_b2561fe55c_c.jpgKylo Ren - Star Killer by dimitrinicomanis, on Flickr

And here is the comparison shots between the two scenes from the films to highlight the similarities... 

30597065301_37e06f7bec_c.jpgRevenge of the Sith - Construction Begins by dimitrinicomanis, on Flickr

30845711876_fb90aa9aa6_c.jpgstar-wars-kylo-ren-watches-starkiller-base-firing by dimitrinicomanis, on Flickr

Finally here is the comparison between my MOC and the scene from The Force Awakens. 

31121289816_fbfdf698c9_c.jpg2016-11-21_02-43-26 by dimitrinicomanis, on Flickr

Hope you enjoy! As always I would love to hear your comments, feedback and suggestions. 

Edited by dimnico

I really like what you've done with both of these mocs, yet on the Star Killer moc, it is hard to see the laser beam. Since the translucent red is harder to see on the red background. I would suggest using trans-neon orange to help make the beam more apparent.

Edited by PickleManDan

41 minutes ago, PickleManDan said:

I really like what you've done with both of these mocs, yet on the Star Killer moc, it is hard to see the laser beam. Since the translucent red is harder to see on the red background. I would suggest using trans-neon orange to help make the beam more apparent.

Maybe he could use the trans neon orange and then light the beam up with a black light to really make it pop!

9 hours ago, PickleManDan said:

Arrivals 

8 hours ago, xboxtravis7992 said:

Maybe he could use the trans neon orange and then light the beam up with a black light to really make it pop!

Thanks guys! I hadn't thought of trans orange but I'll certainly give it a try! 

On 23/11/2016 at 3:05 AM, Leonardo da Bricki said:

To make the beam stand out really well, but a white 4-L or 6-L bar through the trans-red parts. But nice job on the scene. :thumbup:

Thanks, that's such a great idea! I think I might combine a couple of these ideas and hopefully can make this scene really shine! 

On 11/23/2016 at 1:21 PM, ProvenceTristram said:

Everything works but the superweapon discharge, which comes out looking black.

Yeah I agree.

However I love that scene in the film and this is a great convincing model :vader: