Sir Gareth

The LEGO Batman Movie Set/CMF Rumors & Discussion

Love that Catwoman fig. New Freeze is great, but something about that head I don't like, but I can't put my finger on it. I'll likely end up buying the new Juniors set for Freeze.

The Catwoman cycle chase is just perfect. The bike contains many interesting new/rare pieces, the "diamond shop" is also a very nice edition (which one can put in his or her city, unlike many other useless part bumper builds). A year ago we were happy to get one figure with such details in a cheap set. This time there are three - Batgirl & Robin are probably among the top 5 most detailed figures. Btw: Robin in the movie will be a guy. But the for me the figure is definately Clark Kelly.

The diversion in the sets is above & beyond. There have never been so many females or darker skin tones. I really wonder if this is a strategic move by Lego or if they just use the creative freedom they have now - which they haven't when producing products based of a movie run by white guys.

1 hour ago, coronaking said:

I have one question regarding possible CMF figures: How likely is it that figures that also appeared in sets (like Kiteman, Magpie, Zebraman, these Twins etc.) will be part of the CMF also? I was just looking at the "Lego Movie" CMF line and apart from Emmet and maybe the Cop - were there any that also were part of bigger sets?

It's probably unlikely that such minor figures from the sets would be replicated in the CMFs, but if the Lego Movie sets are anything to go by the major characters will be replicated (albeit in slight variants)

The CMF series isn't aimed at die-hard collectors and it's stocked everywhere from chemists to comic shops, so it's purchased by people that would never pick up a regular set and as such there has to be something close to standard recognisable characters in there. 

The CMF for TLM had Hard Hat Emmet, Scribble Faced Bad Cop & President Lord Business that could've been dropped into any other TLM set.  As far as major characters went only Wild West Wyldstyle was a big change from how she'd been portrayed in the trailers and stuff.

Edited by pjonze

16 minutes ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

The Catwoman cycle chase is just perfect. The bike contains many interesting new/rare pieces, the "diamond shop" is also a very nice edition (which one can put in his or her city, unlike many other useless part bumper builds). A year ago we were happy to get one figure with such details in a cheap set. This time there are three - Batgirl & Robin are probably among the top 5 most detailed figures. Btw: Robin in the movie will be a guy. But the for me the figure is definately Clark Kelly.

I agree. The set is fantastic, and there are 3 great figs there. Catwoman looks like her Long Halloween version, Batgirl looks uncannily similar to her '66 version and Robin like you say is just Carrie Kelly. They may say it's Dick Grayson but there is barely any way you could make that fig look more like Carrie Kelly.

I love the detail and design of the Catwoman figure.  It looks fantastic, though like most of this series, I don't think I'll get it because it's too far away from the versions of the character I like.  If they could re-use the design and just color match the Arkham City version (black suit, pale skin) for the next comic-based figure, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

I have to say, Lego has really upped their game this time around. The amount of arm and leg printing (even side of the legs too!),  is just great. Its also nice to see lego finally giving us 3D accessories; such as belts, bow ties, coatails, and goggles. I hope we continue to see such amazing figures in the superhero line after the lego batman sets are done.

3 hours ago, LegoShroom said:

Aquaman seems unlikely considered that we've seen no other league members in sets. Maybe Orca.

That does seem like a legit happening

@amazingbricks wait do you have info in the set, or is it just your speculation. I have to say, if robin is the only other character in the set, ill be quite dissapointed

Edited by Thelegodan

14 minutes ago, amazingbricks said:

The exclusive penguin set could look like this set except with different vehicles and the exact minifigures:

I suppose it could. But that seems like entirely baseless speculation. Why?

21 minutes ago, Thelegodan said:

@amazingbricks wait do you have info in the set, or is it just your speculation. I have to say, if robin is the only other character in the set, ill be quite dissapointed

I think it's Batman, don't quote me on that. WhOOOOPS

9 hours ago, namioik said:

Brickset just changed the name of the Penguin set from Limousine to Arctic Roller

Why did we have the impression that it'd be Penguin's Limousine, in the first place? Was it based on pure speculation off the screenshot of his limo as seen in the trailer (that Sci posted), or did we have an actual rumour?

Also, "Arctic Roller" might still refer to an actual limo, just with a swanky name.

1 hour ago, amazingbricks said:

could

That's the key word. I have no info on this set as I'm sure no one else knows the minifigures of this set. Just putting my expectations what could happen with the arctic roller.

I think everyone just needs to take a few steps back and relax. This thread is becoming hard to go through and follow. I know everyone wants Justice League characters and the Mad Hatter and other more iconic Batman villains to be in the sets but please everyone calm down. I'm excited just as much as the next person but it's getting a little out of hand.

We can start a LEGO Batman Movie sets wishlist or idea thread if people want. But let's just be patient, we did just get 4 or 5 pictures of sets that we hadn't seen before and the wait was worth it :wub:!!

I can't wait until I can get the CMF Figures and when the pictures come out.

Edited by RM0B

These new figures are beyond amazing! They are ART! Makes me wish I could get the hell out of my DARK AGES! Man! :(

3 hours ago, Aethersprite said:

Why did we have the impression that it'd be Penguin's Limousine, in the first place? Was it based on pure speculation off the screenshot of his limo as seen in the trailer (that Sci posted), or did we have an actual rumour?

Also, "Arctic Roller" might still refer to an actual limo, just with a swanky name.

Brickset usually gets their name correct from their own source. I didn't see a reason to doubt it but hey you may be right, it could be a code name.

has anyone noticed the new batman junior set which includes mr freeze? (image from brickset)

The boat has the new bat "wing" pieces that have made their debut in TLBM. Curiously though, the set is DC, not TLBM. also the new Mr Freeze minifigure will be useful for it's head or for those who didn't get the set released a couple of years back. Batman is cool as it is just a plain figure with the belt printed on and white headband for his eyes (from what I can tell). I haven't got this type of "classic batman" figure so I actually want this set despite it being juniors.

Was I even allowed to post this image as it not strictly related to TLBM?       Meh - it has TLBM pieces in. That is my excuse.

Edited by JACKATTACKS
I removed the image.

8 minutes ago, JACKATTACKS said:

Was I even allowed to post this image as it not strictly related to TLBM?       Meh - it has TLBM pieces in. That is my excuse.

Why shouldn't Lego use a piece from a set in another series? It is expensive to get new moulds (development, producing and so on). When Lego is making new pieces the generally want to use them as in many sets as possible so when made they can use them in various sets. it is simply cost effective to do use a new piece. Just like the boat in this set is used in another Juniors set. The pieces will like be used in the future as well for instance in the summer wave of the TLBM or maybe in a themed outside lego for being creative and use the new piece. 

I am by no means against them using the same piece - why shouldn't they? I was just trying to justify why this image should be in this thread

51 minutes ago, JACKATTACKS said:

I am by no means against them using the same piece - why shouldn't they? I was just trying to justify why this image should be in this thread

I didn't say you were against nor I'm - why should I be?. My point was mainly it is normal for Lego to news new pieces and not have them exclusive for one series (unless it is printed licensed or mini figures. I'm not against your postI  mainly saying it is no surprise lego uses a new pieces in various sets. It is a pieces you could easily use for boat or plane (the tail) mocs.

Now I haven't seen the Mr. freeze figures in really life however I like this one better than the one in the TLBM set.