Sir Gareth

The LEGO Batman Movie Set/CMF Rumors & Discussion

23 minutes ago, Zilcho said:

Is the Red Hood set in the CMF line the same as the minifig from 2016?

No it isn't if you go back 1 or 2 pages you'll find a comparison image. 

Thanks to everyone about the recommendations for Barbara! I got Clayface today and just finished building him. Wish it had more figures, and the build doesn't really look like a $35 build but it has a nice weight and good articulation. I really wish they had included one stud shooter hand, one hammer hand, and one normal hand though. And I'd also like it better if he had the mouth build that he does in the trailers. Overall he looks really nice though and I added all the extra studs to his body. 

19 hours ago, retrotaco said:

Yeah, have to agree with the guy you quoted - I'm sooooo thankful that there's a way to get a lot of Arkham jumpsuits without needing to buy multiple sets of Arkham Asylum or buying the minifigs on the secondary market.  I've got 11 now :laugh:

Thats cool. It definitely is a way to get the jumpsuits without having to go to the ridiculous secondary markets and their crazy prices.

So two days after the Toys R Us clerk said they didn't have any more Batman CMF in the back (without even checking the computer or anything), they had a relatively full box. Got Catman and Calculator. Seems like Catman goes to the same tanning salon as Gordon. Calculator likes to stay indoors, and his armor (if gray) could help make a nice Iron Man version 1, maybe with a gray Red Hood helmet.

Aside from these two, they mostly felt the same except for Pharoah's staff, wand equipped Fairy Batman, Orca Man, and Red Hood's helmet.

This was only the 3rd time I found these in stores.

2 hours ago, Nexo Bricks said:

Notice to all of you getting Arkham Jokers:

Newer shipments contain the Glossier Hair mold compared to the light green from earlier ones.

Can you tell me exactly what is the difference between the two?

3 hours ago, TheLegoExperience said:

Can you tell me exactly what is the difference between the two?

36 minutes ago, julesvincent said:

I'd like to know that, too!

Pictures would really help :classic:

Just checked it myself ;) Here it is: the hair from the CMF is a bit lighter green and more dull while the Joker Balloon hair is slightly darker and more clean and shinier.

FZeF3sw.jpg

And the keyring is out! And out of the fig ;) Tartan and the disco/clown polybag will be easy to get for me. I just don't know how I can get my hands on the tiger suit. Is748vj.jpg

18 minutes ago, VaderFan2187 said:

Thanks for the comparison pics @julesvincent.

Great Batcollection! I am horrible at taking out keyrings :sad:

You're welcome! And thanks! As soon as I get  the last 4 figs, I will be posting a pic with the complete collection in the "show your collection" thread ;)

Pulling out keyrings is quite easy: Hang it on something that is not moving, use one hand to hold the fig and the other one to heat up the metal chain with a lighter. If you wait a bit and pull the fig gently it will just come out. There are plenty of videos on youtube ;)

Just now, julesvincent said:

Pulling out keyrings is quite easy: Hang it on something that is not moving, use one hand to hold the fig and the other one to heat up the metal chain with a lighter. If you wait a bit and pull the fig gently it will just come out. There are plenty of videos on youtube ;)

Oh interesting! Always tried pulling it out with brute force :head_back:

If I remember correctly, the Batman with all the kisses is the keychain right?

I'm just waiting on Disco and Clown, Tiger and Kiss Kiss suit now. Disco and Clown are available from Lego here in the UK from early Feb. Then the wait is on for availability of Kiss Kiss and Tiger. I think patience is the better option with these as they seem to be getting well circulated in time rather than silly money on eBay.

38 minutes ago, Robianco said:

I'm just waiting on Disco and Clown, Tiger and Kiss Kiss suit now. Disco and Clown are available from Lego here in the UK from early Feb. Then the wait is on for availability of Kiss Kiss and Tiger. I think patience is the better option with these as they seem to be getting well circulated in time rather than silly money on eBay.

Yeah - I'm hanging on to buy the Batmobile till then, so I can get the Batmen.

So I ordered 5004929 Batman Battle Pod, and 5004930 Bat Signal on eBay for a very good price, been marked as dispatched since last Friday, a week later still no sign of them. Thought it seemed too good to be true, still hoping they do arrive, the Battle Pod batman is one of my favourite variants, so it would suck if i can't add it to my collection.

It's really not clear to this point.   How rare do you guys think the battle pod (5004929) is gonna be?

3 hours ago, julesvincent said:

Just checked it myself ;) Here it is: the hair from the CMF is a bit lighter green and more dull while the Joker Balloon hair is slightly darker and more clean and shinier.

*snip*

Thanks! :thumbup: I understand how that could've happened considering the CMF's are made in China. 

1 hour ago, Robianco said:

I agree. Saving picking up Jokers Lowrider until next month so I can get Disco / Clown Bats but Tiger will be an interesting wait as I've seen nothing of that one. Kiss Kiss Bats is on eBay but horrible price, and there's one on Bricklink for just under £50 :laugh: I'll pass on that.

26 minutes ago, Captain Britain said:

I agree. Saving picking up Jokers Lowrider until next month so I can get Disco / Clown Bats but Tiger will be an interesting wait as I've seen nothing of that one. Kiss Kiss Bats is on eBay but horrible price, and there's one on Bricklink for just under £50 :laugh: I'll pass on that.

46 minutes ago, Mat099 said:

It's really not clear to this point.   How rare do you guys think the battle pod (5004929) is gonna be?

I can see both Kiss Kiss and Battle Pod circulating far more openly. Almost every single poly bag I can remember has had some kind of general circulation here in the UK from both licensed and SW themes. People were clamouring for Electro and that became very common. Same with Rocket Raccoon. This theme is just an absolute free-for-all when it comes to figures so whether they'll be Lego or Toys-R-Us I think they'll be common soon enough.

1 hour ago, HalfPintOfInnes said:

So I ordered 5004929 Batman Battle Pod, and 5004930 Bat Signal on eBay for a very good price, been marked as dispatched since last Friday, a week later still no sign of them. Thought it seemed too good to be true, still hoping they do arrive, the Battle Pod batman is one of my favourite variants, so it would suck if i can't add it to my collection.

Hope they turn up mate. At least with eBay you'll be covered getting your money back if they don't arrive, but you've still got some time yet too. When were they due based on the listing?

You should post your collection over on the Superhero collection thread if you haven't already too.. always good to see some new ones added!

1 hour ago, HalfPintOfInnes said:

How much did you pay for the battle pod...if you don't mind telling :D

1 hour ago, julesvincent said:

Like I said above, I got the Kiss Kiss as a keychain, pulled it out and gave him a spare black type 2 cowl. 

Where did you get the keychain?