Sir Gareth

The LEGO Batman Movie Set/CMF Rumors & Discussion

I picked up the Batcave Break-in yesterday and I was pleasantly surprised by it overall, considering I was really after the minifigures. :blush: 

I don't have many positive opinions about Lego's many attempts at the Batcave (2006 is the only version I thought worked visually well, but that set barely holds up to modern standards quite frankly), so on initial looks this new one didn't float my boat necessarily...however now that I have it in person, it is surprisingly substantial. :thumbup: It for sure seems worth the price in terms of size and function--I could spin that suit rack for hours! Really I think the only downsides are the lack of substantial rock building. The cave walls/pieces included look rather unfinished--but adding in some more dark tan slopes and pointy bricks should fix that (its not visually hopeless like 2012 after all).       

Despite my general apathy towards another Bat-vehicle, the new Bat-boat Riptide is well made and rather intimidating, although the interior is rather a mishmash of colors (which are thankfully downed out by the Classic Space styled yellow windshield). The duck boat is spectacular and easily the best one yet (and hopefully the last, Penguin does not exclusively use ducks for everything Lego!) and while I loved the inclusion of numerous missiles, I did find it surprising that only one on each side is actually capable of firing.

And of course the minifigures are the absolute highlight. The Penguin in my opinion is easily the best version we've ever (or perhaps will ever) receive and his clear inspiration from Batman Returns is sublime :wub:. Alfred is likewise the best version of the figure, as is Bruce Wayne--whose face print (the non winking side), I am convinced goes well with every black hairpiece Lego has ever made.  

42 minutes ago, Captain Nemo said:

I picked up the Batcave Break-in yesterday and I was pleasantly surprised by it overall, considering I was really after the minifigures. :blush: 

I don't have many positive opinions about Lego's many attempts at the Batcave (2006 is the only version I thought worked visually well, but that set barely holds up to modern standards quite frankly), so on initial looks this new one didn't float my boat necessarily...however now that I have it in person, it is surprisingly substantial. :thumbup: It for sure seems worth the price in terms of size and function--I could spin that suit rack for hours! Really I think the only downsides are the lack of substantial rock building. The cave walls/pieces included look rather unfinished--but adding in some more dark tan slopes and pointy bricks should fix that (its not visually hopeless like 2012 after all).       

Despite my general apathy towards another Bat-vehicle, the new Bat-boat Riptide is well made and rather intimidating, although the interior is rather a mishmash of colors (which are thankfully downed out by the Classic Space styled yellow windshield). The duck boat is spectacular and easily the best one yet (and hopefully the last, Penguin does not exclusively use ducks for everything Lego!) and while I loved the inclusion of numerous missiles, I did find it surprising that only one on each side is actually capable of firing.

And of course the minifigures are the absolute highlight. The Penguin in my opinion is easily the best version we've ever (or perhaps will ever) receive and his clear inspiration from Batman Returns is sublime :wub:. Alfred is likewise the best version of the figure, as is Bruce Wayne--whose face print (the non winking side), I am convinced goes well with every black hairpiece Lego has ever made.  

Thanks Cap, I was thinking about just getting the Roller for Penguin to save costs but it appears I'll have to get both now :grin::look:

Glad to hear you like the set. I dunno, I might get the set, it looks good, but it doesn't really feel like it warrants the massive price tag LEGO have slapped on it.

If I ever get my handy on a cheap batcave, I'd move the prison to the now unused under the computer section. Than you would actually have space for "batgear" - this bothers me most about the batcaves. Why include a prison, where villains can spy on every secret, but nothing for Batmans many gadgets?

1 hour ago, Duncan Young said:

Thanks Cap, I was thinking about just getting the Roller for Penguin to save costs but it appears I'll have to get both now :grin::look:

Oh, man, how I understand you...

What about Clayface instructions? Are there some new pictures?

18 minutes ago, parsom said:

Oh, man, how I understand you...

What about Clayface instructions? Are there some new pictures?

Yeah, if my calculatations are correct, at least in the UK, it'd cost approx. £209 for the sets or CMF including new characters alone- and I still want all 13 sets :wacko:

That is not a confirmation. That only confirms said version of the character is in the movie (which we already knew from the suits in the trailers) and that words can have more than one meaning. 

2 minutes ago, BrickHat said:

Thanks for the thoughts, @Captain Nemo. I think the highlights for me will be the minifigs and the vehicles. I am not too crazy about the Batcave itself. Personally, I think for me it will be worth it at about $80. I'll wait and see. :classic:

walmarts in my area sell is for 80, they also sell lowrider for 44 and freeze for 16 and that is when they are not on sale

30 minutes ago, BrickHat said:

What??? Discounts on newly released sets??? What area do you live in?

It's very YMMV. One of the walmart inventory checkers has/had lower inventory prices compared to the msrp and some have had luck getting Walmart to honor the discounted price.

I'm not sure if it still reflects the lower price as someone had posted the screen shot of it on Reddit a couple days ago if I recall.

Edited by Cmay91472

30 minutes ago, TheBigRedCheese said:

Explanation, source, and more information, please! :O

I think he meant the NYCC Penguin, but the face is not the same

Just saw the Roller and I love it. Just the right balance of vintage class and villain exaggeration. Perfect!

I agree that any Two-Face vehicle should have a destroyed half. Much more interesting than split colors.

Edited by 8BrickMario

1 hour ago, BrickHat said:

What??? Discounts on newly released sets??? What area do you live in?

KS, this is off topic but the Rogue One sets were all cheaper to. They always mark the $40 sets for $29.99, $100 for $80, $80 for $60...

7 minutes ago, TheBigRedCheese said:

There was a con exclusive Penguin given out this year?! WHAT?!

I Think he means the poster that was seen a while back

8 minutes ago, TheBigRedCheese said:

There was a con exclusive Penguin given out this year?! WHAT?!

Nope, just an image on a banner above the Lego booth there.

EDIT: Ninja'd

Edited by Mr Greeble

Just now, maginnster27 said:

I Think he means the poster that was seen a while back

Just now, Mr Greeble said:

Nope, just an image on a banner above the Lego booth there.

EDIT: Ninja'd

So essentially the Penguin in the Arctic Roller set looks like the Penguin seen on a banner at NYCC? :hmpf: