Siegfried

Your dream Lego theme

Here's an idea, if you going to make a suggestion....back it up with characters, vehicles/buildings or playset themes.

And an idea that is now, not five years, not twenty years, etc., old...this is a children's plaything and it goes with what's popular now not back then unless it has a cult following i.e. Star Wars.

Brick On ! :grin:

I dissagree to the point that children only like licenses of childrens proggrammes e.g. clone wars. I would also love a LOTR theme and I know lots of children who would too. It depends on the age target, for example, 7 year old kids would be bored by hobbits and elves but 12 year olds who have read the books/ played the games would probably like LOTR.

There doesn't seem to be any interesting Pixar films being released next year (Monsters Inc 2, but that's in November.) so I'd like the 2012 Pixar wave(s) to be a wave based on the movies that were released before LEGO got the licence and can't really fill a wave with that movie.

I.E:

Wave 1:

UP house ( With Carl, Russell, Dug and Kevin.)

Wall-E 's trailer (Wall-E and Eve)

The Incredibles. Omni droid. (Mr Incredible and Frozone.)

ect.

I dissagree to the point that children only like licenses of childrens proggrammes e.g. clone wars. I would also love a LOTR theme and I know lots of children who would too. It depends on the age target, for example, 7 year old kids would be bored by hobbits and elves but 12 year olds who have read the books/ played the games would probably like LOTR.

Your point is noted, but sadly by 12 quite of kids hit their dark ages (some though continue in the light of the brick)....if you offer a kid LOTR or HP....they'll choose Harry over a Hobbit anyday. :wink:

An interesting license area hasn't been talked about yet (as far as I know anyway), branding...that is vehicles/building sets in company logos like the good old Shell service stations. How about a Tesco's Convenence Store or Havoline NASCAR racing team - licencing doesn't always mean tv shows or films ?

Another angle could be dare I say pop stars, yeah I know where that could take us....but it's just an idea ?

Brick On ! :grin:

How about if Lego was in talks with Pepsi about releasing Pepsi-branded building sets under the City theme? One set could include a Pepsi delivery truck with Pepsi delivery guy, and a payload of minifig-sized cans of Pepsi products including Pepsi, diet Pepsi, Mtn Dew, Sierra Mist, and Pepsi Max. The set will also include a dolly to carry the payload, as well as a Pepsi vending machine to fill with the cans.

(I'm sure Lightningtiger also likes this idea)

Your point is noted, but sadly by 12 quite of kids hit their dark ages (some though continue in the light of the brick)....if you offer a kid LOTR or HP....they'll choose Harry over a Hobbit anyday. :wink:

Totally true!! No one at my school knows what LOTR is. But they ALL know HP!!! :laugh:

Agreed.

When I was a kid, I LOVED "The Hobbit" and "Lord of the Rings" books (and animated movies) and would have gone NUTS if LEGO had released a line of those sets. Would have rivalled 'classic space' for my undying love. :sweet:

dont know if this has been suggested but LEGO could bring back the sports theme and have barclays premier league teams. Never would happen but it is dream LEGO licences.

This sound very weird, but i think small kids might like it. Are you ready?

Pajama Bananas! :laugh: My favorite show as a kid, had always must watch it whit my mom before i had to go in Kindergarden :cry_happy: Oh, those lovley memories. Wish i could travel back in a time and live those moments again.

Captain Becker

EDIT: Tiny typing error :blush:

Edited by Captain Becker

This sound very weird, but i think small kids might like it. Are you ready?

Pajama Bananas! :laugh: My favorite show as a kid, had always must watch it whit my mom before i had to go in Kindergarden :cry_happy: Oh, those lovley memories. Wish i could travel back in a time and live those moments again.

Captain Becker

EDIT: Tiny typing error :blush:

Don't you mean these characters.......

bananasinpyjamas_narrowweb__300x373,0.jpg

The Bananas In Pyjamas.....hello, Duplo......it would work and sell well too.

Why ?home_teds_rat.gif

Little kids love teddy bears and of course boys love the rat.....a clever, very clever rat ! :laugh:

Keep on chasing those teddy bears ! :laugh:

.if you offer a kid LOTR or HP....they'll choose Harry over a Hobbit anyday. :wink:

There are more than these two franchises in the world. I don't think LOTR would be less popular than Prince of Persia or Indiana Jones.

The upcoming Hobbit movie is a good chance for a LOTR license :)

There are more than these two franchises in the world. I don't think LOTR would be less popular than Prince of Persia or Indiana Jones.

The upcoming Hobbit movie is a good chance for a LOTR license :)

Heh! I'd choose Hobbit. Im a HUGE LoTR fan. Never touched HP... I think I'm to scared to... :laugh:

What would be totally awesome is something like.....A Battle L.A. collection!

TLG wouldn't do LoTR because that is too adult. Remember, these are child products. Anyway, I know Lego won't do this cuz it's too adult, but I want Lego Simpsons!!

TLG wouldn't do LoTR because that is too adult. Remember, these are child products. Anyway, I know Lego won't do this cuz it's too adult, but I want Lego Simpsons!!

I'm not sure, the Architecture theme isn't for kids, neither would I consider the Maersk theme or the Emporium etc. kids' themes. And TLG are releasing Pirates of the Caribbean sets after all, I don't see a great difference between this and LOTR, target group-wise.

I'm not sure, the Architecture theme isn't for kids, neither would I consider the Maersk theme or the Emporium etc. kids' themes. And TLG are releasing Pirates of the Caribbean sets after all, I don't see a great difference between this and LOTR, target group-wise.

i suppose you're right...Lego can and will make any theme they want! :tongue:

TLG wouldn't do LoTR because that is too adult. Remember, these are child products.

Have you not seen the original SW trilogy? How about the Indy movies? And Prince of Persia? And PoTC? They contain adult language and themes and violence, more than LoTR.

-Omi

Edited by Omicron

LOTR shouldn't be a problem for TLG. They've made SO many different sets(like HP, etc) that aren't necesseraly geared towards kids(more teens now) Even the sets that a 5-year-old could build with suprising ease are labeled "Age: 9-14" (That was a 10 dollar set) The last 10 dollar set I bought said 6-10 or something like that. It's either becoming geared toward Teens, or the kids are getting dumber. (no offense meant)

I think Tolkien's heirs are quite difficult to negociate with. That might be a reason for a lack of decent LOTR Lego.

Well, hopefully they lighten up on that. It would really be cool to see some LOTR stuff out there. Especially with advertisements for the game(LotRO)

I think Tolkien's heirs are quite difficult to negociate with. That might be a reason for a lack of decent LOTR Lego.

Actually I do recall it being said that LoTR sets were considered when the movies came out. Can't remember the reason why they turned it down, but they can still look to it.

Not sure if the Tolkien peeps would be stingy about Lego sets. They are only moreso stingy on movie right. :P

-Omi

Actually I do recall it being said that LoTR sets were considered when the movies came out. Can't remember the reason why they turned it down, but they can still look to it.

Not sure if the Tolkien peeps would be stingy about Lego sets. They are only moreso stingy on movie right. :P

-Omi

I say screw the Tolkien peeps. I wanna see Lego Hobbits, elves, and wargs.

Time for a suggestion away from LOTR ( :hmpf: ), what about a UCS style series of classic sci-fi space craft, a original BSG Viper or a Space 1999 Eagle eh ? :wink:

Plus dare I say.....THUNDERBIRDS !..........F..A..B ! :grin:

Keep on suggesting ! :wink:

another vote for BTTF!!

the townplan set's town hall reminds me of the BTTF clocktower!

I was just about to say the same about the town plan. I vote for BTTF and Ghostbusters as well!