Siegfried

Your dream Lego theme

I want to see :

-The Fairly Odd Parents :laugh:

-iCarly

-Despicable Me

-A Series Of Unfortunate Events

-Sabrina The Teenage Witch :wub:

That would be so COOL but I can understand that that never will happen.

MB are bound to lose their marvel license once it expires. So I wouldn't worry much about it.

Hell no, that show was stupid, and the style of it was weird and would probably not translate to minifigs well. I'd much rather have a line based on the new show, The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes, which is about a hundred times better.
The show is stupid. The style is weird but the characters have the same odd proportions as minifigs. The point is to have tons of marvel minifigs. Anyway, I didn't know there is a new avengers show. We don't get stuff that fast in here.

--

Anyway, if only kid friendly-ness wasn't a barrier... Imagine a Starcraft 2 theme. Protoss and terran = cool ships, mech and figs. For Zerg I guess TLG would have to use stuff similar to the monsters in the vikings theme.

Edited by vexorian

Anyway, if only kid friendly-ness wasn't a barrier... Imagine a Starcraft 2 theme. Protoss and terran = cool ships, mech and figs. For Zerg I guess TLG would have to use stuff similar to the monsters in the vikings theme.

Read post #394 in this topic to see my idea of a way around that barrier.

Lord Embo

Edited by Lord Embo

You're in luck.

http://www.saber-scorpion.com/lego/halo.php

By the way, I am not Saber-Scorpion.

That's just what Saber-Scorpion would say. >_>

Anyway, my dream license would be Discworld.

Rincewind and his luggage

The Watch

Unseen University

various places in Ankh-Morpork

though, if you insist that Lego is for kids, you could do the Tiffany Aching stuff. I don't know how the wee free men would be handled though. maybe micro figures.

Some of the ideas suggested in this are interesting, while others are either entirely unknown to me or something that would be pointless in Lego. Someone should make a post(or two, depending on space) naming all the themes that have been suggested in this topic but not been made or are going to be made in the near future. Then we could keep track of everyone's suggestions.

Lord Embo

Edited by Lord Embo

No doubt about it,... Jurassic Park would be a dream-lego-line for me.

Well who knows,...maybe if they ever do get around to that fourth movie.

I would really like a Tron theme, I could see it running for one wave due to limited vehicles, but that would really be enough. Some set Ideas

$19.99 Tron light bike battle

comes with one blue light cycle, and to orange light cycles,

blue one (good guy) would come with hidden weapons, whereas the orange ones(bad guys) would come with different breakaway functions allowing you to recreate explosions. Would come with three figs, wither comes with Tron himself and two bad guys, or from legacy, Sam Flynn and two bad guys, maybe a little scenery as well with another break away function.

$39.99 Lightcar? chase

Comes with the light car seen in the new tron legacy trailer. Not sure what it goes up against in the movie, but would be pretty cool to see as a set. And since I don't know who's in the seen where it appears, the figs are questionable.

$49.99 Clu's tank (or other tank from new movie)

Comes with tank with firing missiles and secret weapons, rotating turret. Comes with Clu (or other guys from movie) and three program baddies.

$69.99 Recognizer assault

Comes with recognizer with moving mandibles, and flick fire missiles to terminate programs. Comes with Tron and four baddies, Or Sam and Quorra.

$109.99 Tron Tower (End of the Line club)

Full Tower, comes with traps and hidden rooms. Comes with Tron, Sam, Quorra, Kevin (jeff bridges), Castor, and four baddies.

I've never heard of Tron before, read ideas for it and think: WTF is Tron? It can't be well known in the UK or very popular if I haven't heard of it. Can I please have an answer to this as it would help me understand any Tron-related ideas posted on this topic.

Lord Embo

I've never heard of Tron before, read ideas for it and think: WTF is Tron? It can't be well known in the UK or very popular if I haven't heard of it. Can I please have an answer to this as it would help me understand any Tron-related ideas posted on this topic.

Lord Embo

You were not a child or teen in the 80's were you, Tron was Disney's best Sci-Fi effort...look it up on Goggle !

And remember.....Tron..he fights for the Users ! :grin:

Lord Embo

Wikipedia and google are your friends, it is actually a movie from the 80's which is having a sequel ?soonish?

I do agree that it probably doesn't have enough popularity with youth nowadays, maybe the new movie would increase that, but I'm not sure it would be enough for lego to make a profitable license line out of it, but of course it's the Dream Lego licenses thread and I can definitely see why some people would want it.

It would be a bit like a Doctor Who license, cool but hardly enough coverage to make it profitable.

LoTR, I am still surprised that TLG has not tried to capitalize on this market. It is one of the most popular series of all time.

I can just imagine a Lego Orthanc :wub:

Sirius

LoTR, I am still surprised that TLG has not tried to capitalize on this market. It is one of the most popular series of all time.

Because almost anything needed for a Lego LotR line is available in the Castle/ Kingdoms line. Besides, it is rather old now. I don't think it will happen.

Lord Embo

My dream lego licenses:

-Metal Gear (video game series). Not likely to happen, but there would be absolutely fantastic minifig opportunities. And a giant lego Metal Gear robot guy.

-H. P. Lovecraft's mythos (weird fiction stories). Impossibility, but it would be awesome. Lego Cthulhu, 'nuf said.

-Katamari Damacy (video game). Again, not going to happen. But imagine the sets and all the little things to build! Also very cheery and family friendly. Big sales in Japan at least, lol.

Because almost anything needed for a Lego LotR line is available in the Castle/ Kingdoms line. Besides, it is rather old now. I don't think it will happen.

Lord Embo

Howevere, they are making a new movie in a year or so.

You forgot the light jet hinted at by the end of the trailer! :wink:

Are they? What's it going to be called?

Lord Embo

"The Hobbit". After years of struggle they are finally making it. Oh, and Peter Jackson is directing again.

With the release of Avatar 2 and 3 (2014 + 2015) Lego sets would get enough support to be successful (crossing fingers)

"The Hobbit". After years of struggle they are finally making it. Oh, and Peter Jackson is directing again.

That may be so, but not many kids know much about LotR, nor do many really care about it. If it were to be released in Lego, it wouldn't last long and I'd only get the sets for parts, just like with PoP.

Lord Embo

Edited by Lord Embo

A Death Race license would be super-awesome! The film is great, and just imagine (no pun intended): an armored Ford Mustang V8 in Lego!

Unfortunately not very likely, though.

Cheers!

A Death Race license would be super-awesome! The film is great, and just imagine (no pun intended): an armored Ford Mustang V8 in Lego!

Unfortunately not very likely, though.

Cheers!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that movie came out 2 years ago, with no sign of a sequel. :grin:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that movie came out 2 years ago, with no sign of a sequel. :grin:

There is: Death Race 2

But a theme only with cars isn't really appealing to me. On the other hand, minifig versions of Jason Statham and Sean Bean would be fantastic.

I don't know if this has been said but how about an assassin's creed theme?

That would be cool. The hood piece is already perfect for the Assassin, but the weapons would be a bit of a challenge. Plus, what would they the make sets about?

I don't know if this has been said but how about an assassin's creed theme?

Unfortunately, Lego is aimed at kids so outside of customs and MOCs, this will probably never happen. But it would be a nice theme to have.

Lord Embo