2LegoOrNot2Lego...

[HELP] What Android phone to use with SBrick?

I am having some trouble controlling my SBrick with my iPhone with iOS 10 :sceptic: I will be at LEGO World here in the Netherlands displaying and demonstrating my models, only a little over 3 weeks now, I'm looking for a solution. Yes it absolutely is excessive, I am totally aware of this, but I don't see any other way... So here I am hoping I could get some solid advice on this... :classic:

What Android phone could I best use to control my SBrick? What phone do you have experienced running the app smoothly and having no other issues?

Edited by 2LegoOrNot2Lego...
Added [HELP] to title + provide more info

How about an Android tablet with BLE?  The larger screen might be easier to operate buttons and sliders. 

Thanks for the suggestion! I do not prefer a tablet, even though you might be right about BLE! The larger screen for mee doesn't work that well and a tablet is more expensive... :sceptic: ...in the end I actually don't want another phone/device to control SBricks...but I left no choice...

Thanks! :thumbup:

Thanks Tommy, but here's the deal: I don't have any Android phone, but an iPhone. I'm looking to buy a not to expensive Android phone to get my SBricks to work again... :sceptic:

What phone do you use if I may ask? Does it work properly now?

My MOTO X PURE is working flawlessly. 

On Samsung Galaxy Note 4, if I turn off and on SBrick, it doesn't catch up but MOTO X PURE re-connects to SBrick perfectly.

I guess the more close to stock Android, the better. So, maybe get a used Nexus 5?

I'm using cheap Android tablet (4good t704m) with Istvan Murvai's app with OTG cable and Logitech Dual Action gamepad. There are two button on gamepad that do not work, but in everything else it works very good and the app doesn't disconnect as official app do.

The bluetooth on my Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-19515 isn't stable enough to make use of an sbrick, so you wouldn't want to get one of those. My Samsung Galaxy tab tablet on the other hand works like a charm.

Edited by Legorigs

I use a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and have had no problems at all. It's pretty powerful, has a big screen and a great camera.. These phones are getting on now so you may be able to pick one up pretty cheap.

Did you contact the SBrick folks to see about an update? I understand you want to be sure you have a working solution, but with 3 weeks to go I'd imagine the SBrick app will be working fine by then...

10 hours ago, 2LegoOrNot2Lego... said:

Thanks Tommy, but here's the deal: I don't have any Android phone, but an iPhone. I'm looking to buy a not to expensive Android phone to get my SBricks to work again... :sceptic:

What phone do you use if I may ask? Does it work properly now?

I use a LG G2 ultimate, it's a rather cheap phone, it works decently, but has some connection issues. Though if you tweak the signal delay, it minimizes connection issues. With the last version of the app, I had issues connecting to multiple bricks at once, though they improved it in the latest update. I wouldn't say it's the best option, though for roughly the price of a sbrick, I am impressed that it functions decently.

Yes I did contact SBrick for sure...thanks! :classic:

Guys I really appreciate the input and suggestions. I will look into these many options and see which I can get for a decent price. After all for me it's not a phone but just a remote control... :laugh: :thumbup:

Thanks again and I'm open to even more suggestions, so keep them coming... :wink: