Sign in to follow this  
DarthTwoShedsJackson

[MOC] Tiger 1 Tank

I'm usually only posting in the Star Wars forum, and I love to build all sorts of vehicles. From time to time though, I want to build something from the real world, and I'm particulary fascinated by the look and design of military vehicles from WW2, which brings me back full circle to Star Wars, since the design of Star Wars is significantly inspired by WW2 military vehicles.

So I set out to build an iconic tank - the Tiger 1. Granted, there are lots of Lego-versions of this vehicle out there, and a quick google-search immediately makes it obvious from which creations I took cues on how to build certain elements - because why re-invent the wheel? Still, I did many things differently and on every step referenced an accurate model of the vehicle. The turret is my own take, because I felt that none of the turrets I saw in other creations truly captured the characteristic shape in a clean, uncluttered way. You will notice that I simplified the gun to keep the overall look uncluttered and avoid unnecessary texture where should be none.

Last but not least, I also built the model with a detailed interior to make it more interesting as a whole.

Tiger1001.jpg

Tiger1002.jpg

Tiger1003.jpg

Tiger1004.jpg

I hope you like it, and feel free to comment.

Edited by DarthTwoShedsJackson

Wow this looks amazing; really captures the tank's profile. I love how it has interiors and openable hatches!

Beautiful. Nazi machinery built to assist with evil intent, but beautiful nonetheless. The Tiger is the heart and soul of Old School Tankdom.

My compliments!

Very neat design and the interior is a great touch! :thumbup:

I do feel it is a bit too wide for it's length, the dimensions seem off, I also think the turret should be slightly higher.

My suggestion would be to make it either 2 studs slimmer, or 3/4 studs longer and add a plate or 2 under the turret to make the ring you can see underneath the turret.

I can't put my finger on why, but your model has a bit of a sci-fi look to it. It must be the sleekness of it :thumbup: .