Inthert

[MOC] Incom T-65 X-wing

On ‎28‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 6:01 PM, Cjd223 said:

Wow.  Just wow!  This is certainly one of the best X-Wings, if not the best that I have seen, not to mention that it is minifig-scale!  I love the windscreen design.

Thanks so much!

On ‎28‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 6:11 PM, Hold0511 said:

I'll have to second Cjd223 - this is so so so good - and the cut-away's are just sprinkles on top!

Thanks!

15 hours ago, FTG Prime said:

Well i know that i'm going to go insane with all those rubber bands when i get into building your model my friend :laugh::laugh:

Ahhaha! I hope you have as much fun as I did when I built it (and then rebuilt it for the instructions) :wink::laugh:

Edited by Inthert

16 hours ago, blbills said:

Hey guys, I know it's been a long while and this is old news but I finally had a chance to get some decent pictures of my original Inthert X-wing. Here's a sample:

31979872376_9b5ba491aa_c.jpgLego_X-Wing by Brian Bills, on Flickr

Beautiful build! (even if  do say so myself :P) I love the photography though, you managed to get it looking much cleaner than I could back when I took the original pictures. Looks great, I'm glad you shared it. And the original yellow fig (intentional or not) is a nice touch :)

3 hours ago, Inthert said:

Beautiful build! (even if  do say so myself :P) I love the photography though, you managed to get it looking much cleaner than I could back when I took the original pictures. Looks great, I'm glad you shared it. And the original yellow fig (intentional or not) is a nice touch :)

Haha I wonder who designed it :tongue:

On 12/8/2016 at 2:48 PM, Inthert said:

UPDATE: Full instructions are now avalible on Flickr and Brickshelf. Enjoy!

31364823082_40180315f1_c.jpgT-65 X-wing: V2 (instructions – Page 1) by Inthert, on Flickr

Awesome! Is there a parts list anywhere? I'd love to build one; just trying to figure out if I will have to use the instructions to catalog what I will need, or if there's an already-made list :)

I just got finished building the v2 of Inthert's X-wing in Red 2 coloring, and I have to say that brick-for-brick, this is the most impressive MOC I have ever seen.  I can't imagine the amount of time that went into designing and building this thing.  It's a wonderful display piece. 

Just now, Schneeds said:

I just got finished building the v2 of Inthert's X-wing in Red 2 coloring, and I have to say that brick-for-brick, this is the most impressive MOC I have ever seen.  I can't imagine the amount of time that went into designing and building this thing.  It's a wonderful display piece. 

How is it in terms of durability/handle-ability?

It's on the fragile side, but once fully assembled more robust than you would think.  Similar to Brickwright's Y-Wing.  If you wanted to swoosh it around lots you'd have to employ the Krackle. 

It is not for the feint of heart ;)  Definitely the most challenging MOC i've ever assembled, and that includes Rask's 15,000 piece Aggressor.  A lot of that is due to the fact that I was working off a combination of an LDD that someone had created with some changes, and the pictures provided by Inthert, instead of regular PDF instructions. 

Edited by Schneeds

Looks Great! 

The only sad thing is that I can never open that file.  anyone can convert it to a PDF and send it to me? I  would really appreciate it. 

Thx

Looks Great! 

The only sad thing is that I can never open that file.  anyone can convert it to a PDF and send it to me? I  would really appreciate it. 

Thx