Sign in to follow this  
Sir Gareth

Pokémon Go

All that fuss about a Vaporeon in NY and there was one here near to my home some minutes ago.

Which got me thinking, Can a "sell" a pokemon after catching it? Like for real money :tongue:

Edited by Robert8

True story. I have that giant blue snake monster pop and try to eat me all the time. But I'm always alert and can easily avoid it because I'm aware of my surroundings.

All that fuss about a Vaporeon in NY and there was one here near to my home some minutes ago.

Which got me thinking, Can a "sell" a pokemon after catching it? Like for real money :tongue:

I'm sure in the future the game will provide some type of trading option and then I'm sure people will be paying real money for digital Pokemon. Personally, I'm really hoping they make trading and PvP real soon. And by PvP I mean not the gym stuff.

Edited by HawkLord

Life would be really fun if I could actually have a big blue water dragon for realsies.

So, Columbus, again you throw some real shade. Are you trying to troll or have arguments? I could nip in and mock fans of Harry Potter, or Deadpool, or Ghostbusters. They are all things I'm not a fan of. But because I am a reasonable and mature member of the forum I refrain from doing so.

And everyone. If you aren't a fan then that is fine, but there is no need to be oh so edgy and cool :sarcasm: And come in and tell people off for liking Pokemon Go. Heck, we're all members of a AFOL forum, a children's plastic building toy...

Feed Pokemons, don't feed trolls. Ignore trolls and they go away. Keep talking to them and they stay in the thread.

Life would be really fun if I could actually have a big blue water dragon for realsies.

So, Columbus, again you throw some real shade. Are you trying to troll or have arguments? I could nip in and mock fans of Harry Potter, or Deadpool, or Ghostbusters. They are all things I'm not a fan of. But because I am a reasonable and mature member of the forum I refrain from doing so.

And everyone. If you aren't a fan then that is fine, but there is no need to be oh so edgy and cool :sarcasm: And come in and tell people off for liking Pokemon Go. Heck, we're all members of a AFOL forum, a children's plastic building toy...

Perhaps there is not a need for this thread. As someone said, it is all bash/defend. Just my opinion. :look:

So I live in DC. Well last week I was walking downtown and noticed the White House is a gym and this dude named Brock Obama has control of it. I've tried taking it several times but no dice, my pincer moves aren't a match for his onyx.

Edited by Forresto

I'm sure of that as well, but didn't two people fall off of a cliff while playing the game last week?

I don't know if that's a fact or not, and if they were killed or not, but 2 idiots out of 30m+ users seems pretty low risk. A game can not be blamed because of those that misuse it, in any context. Blaming the game is like blaming Dungeons & Dragons because some insane people went out murdering. Games don't kill people, people kill people.

They fell, but they didn't die. The game also has a very clear disclaimer that tells you to be aware of your surroundings.

I don't know if that's a fact or not, and if they were killed or not, but 2 idiots out of 30m+ users seems pretty low risk. A game can not be blamed because of those that misuse it, in any context. Blaming the game is like blaming Dungeons & Dragons because some insane people went out murdering. Games don't kill people, people kill people.

I was just using that as an example of this. I know that the game says to be aware of your surroundings, but that doesn't mean that people will. I've seen countless stories on the news of people walking into bad neighborhoods that they would usually avoid and getting shanked, and of robberies occurring due to the distraction caused by playing the game.

I like how the game makes people walk around and actually exercise, but it increases the number of distracted people, including distracted drivers who put their phones on their dashboards in order to play the game.

I was just using that as an example of this. I know that the game says to be aware of your surroundings, but that doesn't mean that people will. I've seen countless stories on the news of people walking into bad neighborhoods that they would usually avoid and getting shanked, and of robberies occurring due to the distraction caused by playing the game.

I like how the game makes people walk around and actually exercise, but it increases the number of distracted people, including distracted drivers who put their phones on their dashboards in order to play the game.

I've bolded your fallacy. It should read: "caused by their idiocy while playing the game." The idiocy is the cause. If idiots allow themselves to be distracted by the game, it is their fault, not the game's.

It seems like this thread can be nothing but an ongoing argument. It's really too bad because it would have been much more fun to just discuss the game and have fun. I don't really see a reason for this to go on.